• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I guess having Alolan variants actually gets the type variety up a bit. Some Dark types, more Steel types than just Magnemite and Magneton, and an extra Dragon and Ghost type.
If we are going to be facing Sabrina, we know we'll need those Dark types cause they just have to go with only the original 151.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but it just occurred to me that the only real change so far is that you catch Pokemon exactly like you would in a Safari Zone... Except everywhere. And people are making a big deal about this.

Like let's think of this from a friendship/bonding standpoint.

Option A. Beat wild Pokemon into submission and force it to join your team.

Option B. Feed it berries to convince it to join your team.

Sooo is this really a bad change? I mean, I'm totally okay with Safari Zone/Pokemon GO catching everywhere basically.

I still wonder what the Help option is. I feel like it'll be something simple like the co-op player will help you capture the pokemon. Or who knows, maybe it'll throw in a pokemon to weaken it.

I know this probably won’t happen, because I thought of it, but I think it would be cool if they did something to boost Eevee’s battling power similar to how Pikachu gets a light ball. And the way I think they could maybe do it is through the dress-up they’ve shown. Maybe it could have an outfit for each of its evolutions, boost a relavent stat, and give it an attack of that type (kinda like Cosplay-kachu). Not only would it be adorable, but it would make it more useful. And while it’s not a proper evolution I feel like it might help a little for those that are upset about being unable to evolve?

I know this probably won’t happen, because I thought of it, but I think it would be cool if they did something to boost Eevee’s battling power similar to how Pikachu gets a light ball. And the way I think they could maybe do it is through the dress-up they’ve shown. Maybe it could have an outfit for each of its evolutions, boost a relavent stat, and give it an attack of that type (kinda like Cosplay-kachu). Not only would it be adorable, but it would make it more useful. And while it’s not a proper evolution I feel like it might help a little for those that are upset about being unable to evolve?

I think as long as the starters get unique movesets (because Eevee's movepool is incredibly basic), or a boosting item, equivalent to a Light Ball, and/or boosted stats like evasiveness etc by playing with them, which is essentially what Amie does. If the affection was maxed out, you'd have them live on 1HP as if they had a Focus Band, or avoid an attack randomly as if they had Bright Powder, and get crits more often like they had a scope lens. It essentially granted the Pokemon all sorts of invisible stats akin to existing items, and I'm assuming the starter will gain affection for these boosted stats incredibly easily as you play through the game.

Last edited:

Now you’ve made me want eevee outfits resembling each eeveelution...

Clothing could be a nice way to increase stats for eevee- and maybe give it a new move.
For example- red clothing resembling flareon gives Flare Blitz or Flamethrower.

So the new pokemon, I think it will be a new mythical or legendary pokemon for Kanto, they could just give it the number #000 to integrate it to kanto dex. As for the anime, Ash will probably revisit Kanto, as he said in one of last episodes of XYZ that he wants to go back to kanto and start anew as there are many strong trainers. With that, the next movie could also take place in kanto and introduce the mythical/legendary pokemon from Let‘s go Pikachu/Eevee to tie things up.

So the new pokemon, I think it will be a new mythical or legendary pokemon for Kanto, they could just give it the number #000 to integrate it to kanto dex. As for the anime, Ash will probably revisit Kanto, as he said in one of last episodes of XYZ that he wants to go back to kanto and start anew as there are many strong trainers. With that the next movie could also take place in kanto and introduce the mythical/legendary pokemon from Let‘s go Pikachu/Eevee to tie things up.

It'll probably be the new Lucario/Zoroark type Pokemon but for Gen 8. They want to tease the 2019 games to a broader audience, and that's the way to do it. These games are tailored to GO players, and younger players, so to bridge them over from GO to the main series, these games, along with 2019 game teasers, is the perfect way to do it.

Could be true too, but i think it doesn‘t fit the overall principle of the Let‘s go games, as they focus on Kanto, it would be all the more fitting, for the new pokemon to be a new discovered mythical/legendary pokemon of Kanto.

Now you’ve made me want eevee outfits resembling each eeveelution...

Clothing could be a nice way to increase stats for eevee- and maybe give it a new move.
For example- red clothing resembling flareon gives Flare Blitz or Flamethrower.
Yeah, that was my thought. Maybe something like this:

Vaporeon outfit gives it hydro pump and raises sp. attack (just cuz I don’t think they could raise hp)
Jolteon outfit gives thunder(bolt?) and raises speed and/or sp. attack.
Flareon outfit: flare blitz and attack.
Espeon outfit: sp. attack and psychic.
Umbreon outfit: sp. defense and ... I’ll get back to you.
Leafeon: defense and leaf blade.
Glaceon: sp. attack and blizzard/ice beam?
Sylveon: sp. defense and moonblast.

Idk. I just think it would be a neat way to boost an otherwise mediocre Pokémon (that can’t evolve), and in a customizable way.

Now then, the other question... is this unfair to pikachu? Maybe... but it does get its light ball, assuming they keep it in the game. I mean, what would a Raichu costume do other than raise stats? I suppose an Alolan raichu costume could let it use psychic.

Yeah, that was my thought. Maybe something like this:

Vaporeon outfit gives it hydro pump and raises sp. attack (just cuz I don’t think they could raise hp)
Jolteon outfit gives thunder(bolt?) and raises speed and/or sp. attack.
Flareon outfit: flare blitz and attack.
Espeon outfit: sp. attack and psychic.
Umbreon outfit: sp. defense and ... I’ll get back to you.
Leafeon: defense and leaf blade.
Glaceon: sp. attack and blizzard/ice beam?
Sylveon: sp. defense and moonblast.

Idk. I just think it would be a neat way to boost an otherwise mediocre Pokémon (that can’t evolve), and in a customizable way.

Now then, the other question... is this unfair to pikachu? Maybe... but it does get its light ball, assuming they keep it in the game. I mean, what would a Raichu costume do other than raise stats? I suppose an Alolan raichu costume could let it use psychic.

Like you said yourself, this would seem to be unbalanced and inconsistent with whatever Pikachu could get.

I think they're more likely to get unique moves that are for example, tutored by Prof. Oak's Aides or something, and only to the starter Eevee and Pikachu, or to get the invisible boosts through playing with them and raising their affection or an equivalent stat. Eevee could even receive it's own Light Ball-type item. But then again the Eviolite sort of sounds like it could be an Eevee item lol. I'm almost certain they'll make these two items, and possibly the Focus Sash available (my competitive sets for Pikachu almost always run a utility moveset + Focus Sash).

A big question I have is how will items like the Eviolite function on Pokemon like Electabuzz or Magmar, who do have evolutions, but won't have them available in this game, will the game still recognize that they do have those evolutions, despite the absense of those Pokemon entirely?

Or maybe Eevee will react differently on being exposed to Fire, Thunder and Water Stones.
For example, using the thunderstone on Eevee, instead of triggering evolution, will instead teach it Thunderbolt and give it a speed and sp. attack
Using Fire stone will give Eevee a chance to learn Flare blitz and increase attack and speed.
Using water stone will give Eevee a chance to learn Scald and an increase in Sp. Attack and Sp. defence.

But I think outfits are a much better way of giving boosts.
This could also work for Pikachu- making it wear the red outfit could teach it a fire move, a green outfit could teach grass move etc. with different stat boosts offered by each outfit.
Same goes for Eevee and it’s outfits.

Without Ho-Oh, Marshadow, Lugia or Zeraora? Nope.
Yellow didn't follow the anime to the letter either. Though I haven't seen the reboot so I honestly wouldn't know what they'd take. Regardless, Let's Go is a promotional tie in to get Go players at least

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but it just occurred to me that the only real change so far is that you catch Pokemon exactly like you would in a Safari Zone... Except everywhere. And people are making a big deal about this.

Like let's think of this from a friendship/bonding standpoint.

Option A. Beat wild Pokemon into submission and force it to join your team.

Option B. Feed it berries to convince it to join your team.

Sooo is this really a bad change? I mean, I'm totally okay with Safari Zone/Pokemon GO catching everywhere basically.

I'm fine with the change, but only for this title. I wouldn't want the Pokémon GO concept to be what the real core series games become. I definitely prefer to battle wild Pokémon before capturing. However, since we know LGO isn't supposed to be a traditional core series title, I am free to enjoy how it is done whilst waiting for Pokémon 2019.

It'll probably be the new Lucario/Zoroark type Pokemon but for Gen 8. They want to tease the 2019 games to a broader audience, and that's the way to do it. These games are tailored to GO players, and younger players, so to bridge them over from GO to the main series, these games, along with 2019 game teasers, is the perfect way to do it.

I currently believe the same thing. I believe the special Pokémon won't be any kind of legendary/mythical Pokémon. I'm guessing it will be a normal Gen VIII Pokémon, which will be the first new Pokémon revealed to us.

Last edited:
Real talk though, who made the box art? Cause it looks like it was done in paint...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom