• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

They're "main series" sure but they're gen 1, which means they're 25 year old games. It's just a remaster really. Kinda like the triple Crash remaster... except that was priced fairly

So fine, you win. It's a main series game because it's a gen 1 remaster which is over price compared to all the other remasters.

Eg, Dark Souls remaster come out in the last month and was half price than normal games. Nintendo get away with it because Nintendo fans love their 10 year old ports for $60. As someone who has an Xbox One and PS4, full price remasters are out of order

I kind of feel like you're intentionally missing the point...these are remakes, yes, but they're also linked to Pokemon GO and expand upon the features of that game. IN ADDITION to having another peripheral of its own, something that spin-offs have never had.

I kind of feel like you're intentionally missing the point...these are remakes, yes, but they're also linked to Pokemon GO and expand upon the features of that game. IN ADDITION to having another peripheral of its own, something that spin-offs have never had.

I wouldn't go as far as "remake". Remake adds content. This is a remaster.

Does it really matter what these games are or what they’re considered? If you like it, buy it. If you don’t, then don’t. I’m a simple man. I like Pokémon. So I’ll probably buy it. Do some of the things they’ve said about this game bother me? You bet. But I’ll still play it and have fun.

...okay, you technically got me there, lol. But Pokemon GO is kind of a rule-breaker on all sides.

Id call it more of a remaster of yellow than anything else. I mean, it has no cross gen evos and no breeding in it. It does add the riding and following, pokemon visible in wild, and no battling wild pokemon, but those are more of updates typical on remastered games

I know this probably won’t happen, because I thought of it, but I think it would be cool if they did something to boost Eevee’s battling power similar to how Pikachu gets a light ball. And the way I think they could maybe do it is through the dress-up they’ve shown. Maybe it could have an outfit for each of its evolutions, boost a relavent stat, and give it an attack of that type (kinda like Cosplay-kachu). Not only would it be adorable, but it would make it more useful. And while it’s not a proper evolution I feel like it might help a little for those that are upset about being unable to evolve?
Actually, I think think that having the clothing and accessories in general could be used to buff up both Pikachu and Eevee. A good amount of JRPGs already have visible armor and accessories that you can use in order augment your character's stats (for better or worse, sometimes both at the same time in different areas). Game Freak could very well do this for Pikachu and Eevee to get around the fact that your starter can't evolve.

That's a nice thought, but there is a problem with trying to nail down any "defining" criteria: As soon as Game Freak decide to break away from tradition and do something different, you're forced to recalculate. "Whenever new Pokémon are introduced" stood strong as an easy, definitive guideline for dividing generations for 20 years, but then USUM came along. Four weirdos and a cat were all it took to undo two decades of precedent. So in a sense, the "definitive" criteria we come up with isn't really "definitive" at all - it's more like a vote of confidence that this particular trend in the games is the one that is most essential. Same for telling "core series" games apart from non-core series games. Until now, battling with wild Pokémon was an essential component. There certainly could be a future timeline in which Game Freak decide to make a core series game that features something completely unlike the League challenge, even more so than the Alola games.
At this point, we might as well just say that "core series" games are any Pokémon game made by Game Freak, but we know that's not true with Pokémon Quest being a thing. I personally think the real reason that it's considered to be core series is because something happens in these games, no matter how small it may seem at the time, is going to directly impact the plot of the Gen 8 games. Perhaps it has something to do with this brand new secret Pokémon we've been told about?

They're "main series" sure but they're gen 1, which means they're 25 year old games. It's just a remaster really. Kinda like the triple Crash remaster... except that was priced fairly

So fine, you win. It's a main series game because it's a gen 1 remaster which is over price compared to all the other remasters.

Eg, Dark Souls remaster come out in the last month and was half price than normal games. Nintendo get away with it because Nintendo fans love their 10 year old ports for $60. As someone who has an Xbox One and PS4, full price remasters are out of order
You know, now that I think about it, LGPE are remasters of Pokémon Yellow with the expection of an updated type chart. I agree that these games should be classified as Gen 1! (y)

I wouldn't say LGPE is a remaster (until I have sufficient evidence), I would say it is a remake tbh because it probably will add content and we have only had one trailer. :p

I'm glad these games are looking to be huge sellers but dear god every new thing I learn about these games makes me worried for the future. I know GF has already said there would be no Go integration in the 2019 games but what about after that. If Let's Go sells amazing and the 2019 games sell less what does that mean to the main series. Will they slowly start to strip away features to try to get the traditional main series titles to appeal to the Let's Go crowd. I'm being super paranoid, I know but I just can't help but worry.

I'm glad these games are looking to be huge sellers but dear god every new thing I learn about these games makes me worried for the future. I know GF has already said there would be no Go integration in the 2019 games but what about after that. If Let's Go sells amazing and the 2019 games sell less what does that mean to the main series. Will they slowly start to strip away features to try to get the traditional main series titles to appeal to the Let's Go crowd. I'm being super paranoid, I know but I just can't help but worry.
Don't quote me on this, because I'm not sure, but I could have sworn that GF confirmed they're branching the games off into two separate tracks. The Let's Go games for casual fans and the ones we traditionally call 'main series' for hardcore fans. This way, though both are technically main series titles, they are aimed at different audiences. Is this not the case? I thought it was.

Thats my worst fear to be honest: lets go outselling gen 8. I could see it too since lets go is first pokemon games to come to switch and gen 8 only coming out a year after. Maybe it will be too soon for some people who arent hardcore fans and they wont get it.

Man, I just realized that these games are likely only gonna have the basic standard, Great, and Ultra Balls to catch Pokemon in. Shame. :( Usually I catch each team member in a different type of PokeBall. Guess everyone will be rocking the same look here. Meh...
This makes me wish they'd revisit ball seals or some kind of custom color Pokeballs.

Thats my worst fear to be honest: lets go outselling gen 8. I could see it too since lets go is first pokemon games to come to switch and gen 8 only coming out a year after. Maybe it will be too soon for some people who arent hardcore fans and they wont get it.
To be fair most Go fans are people that left pokemon either because going out of touch with it, or cause they were uninterested due to "being the same game". Go touches that sweet spot when the series wasn't as complex and the pokemon they remember from kanto are there. And I wouldn't be surprised is those people even outnumber us long time fans. If GF gets those people on board, then they'd be even making more money than before

To be fair most Go fans are people that left pokemon either because going out of touch with it, or cause they were uninterested due to "being the same game". Go touches that sweet spot when the series wasn't as complex and the pokemon they remember from kanto are there. And I wouldn't be surprised is those people even outnumber us long time fans. If GF gets those people on board, then they'd be even making more money than before

I don't actually think so. They might get the first Let's Go game but since they're casuals, I don't think they'd get a second one. They shouldn't put too much stock in the genwunners who only care about GO

I don't actually think so. They might get the first Let's Go game but since they're casuals, I don't think they'd get a second one. They shouldn't put too much stock in the genwunners who only care about GO
But they can attempt to get them in the main, hence why Let's go is a blend. It has elements of Go which they would be familiar with but it also gets them involved in the original RPG elements. And if the like that they may be more willing to join future games which offers way more

Thats my worst fear to be honest: lets go outselling gen 8.
If Let's Go sells amazing and the 2019 games sell less what does that mean to the main series.
I would hope that Gen 8 is so much better that all the Let's Go owners buy it in addition to the traditional fans...

Last edited:

Do we even have pre-order stats yet? I know the games are up for pre-order now, I've done so myself, but I don't think we know how many copies have been pre-ordered yet. That usually takes awhile.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom