• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

The important thing is 'what kind of game does Game Freak want to make'? They've been making core RPGs more and more complex with every edition when they could have simplified it whenever they wanted. They could have had us returning to Kanto every generation. They didn't, and the games have been huge sellers every time. I was worried for a bit there but I just don't believe Game Freak is about to throw away what made them successful beyond Gen 1, the way of making games that they are obviously passionate about.

Do we even have pre-order stats yet? I know the games are up for pre-order now, I've done so myself, but I don't think we know how many copies have been pre-ordered yet. That usually takes awhile.

We don't know, but it's one of the safest bets ever.

Odds are greatly in anybody's favor who says these will be top selling games, just because of how broad of an audience they appeal to.

*walks in*

*sees 19 pages already*

Okay then. All's I know is I'm gonna pick up Let's Go Eevee. Has anyone speculated if they're going to release a brand new Eeveelution? Did GF make any such hint? Or am I just a little nutty? I'd personally love to see a Steel-type, Steeleon, or a Dragon-type, Drakeon. clever names are clever

*walks in*

*sees 19 pages already*

Okay then. All's I know is I'm gonna pick up Let's Go Eevee. Has anyone speculated if they're going to release a brand new Eeveelution? Did GF make any such hint? Or am I just a little nutty? I'd personally love to see a Steel-type, Steeleon, or a Dragon-type, Drakeon. clever names are clever
Unfortunately, that seems rather unlikely. They’ve said that there is one brand new Pokémon in the game, but didn’t give any indication as to what kind.

Also, it would be pretty shady if they introduced a new eeveelution and then didn’t let you evolve your starter Eevee into it.

*walks in*

*sees 19 pages already*

They're adding one new Pokemon, so it could be anything

Probably just Gorochu though

My guess is we're going to get more information at E3 this year considering the timing of the announcement and everything meaning E3 for Nintendo is going to be big.

But we have five months before this game is out and even though this hype period is still shorter then most I wonder what they can announce over those months that could keep people excited until the game comes out.

2baqr8.jpg
The analysis machine has been turned on.
Soo, I think this wasn‘t posted here till now, if not here you go.

It wouldn’t make sense from a marketing standpoint to not let the starter Eevee evolve into the new Eeveelution.
Actually it could make sense, as new players would evolve it willingly/accidentally and then would be dissapointed that there is no interaction anymore between the starter and trainer, as the evolutions for example won‘t ride on trainers hat.

So the starters will most probably be not able to evolve. And the new pokemon is likely to be a mythical/legendary or something like lucario/zoroark, as it is called a special pokemon and will probably be used in next movie. I don‘t think they will center a whole movie on an evolution of eevee. Instead we will probably get two or three evolutions with Gen 8, as there hasn‘t been new ones for so long.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that there was a datamine of Pokemon Quest with no. 808 present.

Oh? That is interesting. I guess I stand corrected. It'll probably be another Victini-type where it's at the beginning of it's region's portion of the national dex for whatever reason. I don't see why Gen 7 would need ANOTHER mythical. Have they datamined any info besides a dex number?

I was hoping it'd be a non-legendary special-type Pokemon like Lucario/Zoroark vs. a mythical, but oh well.

I believe it was just a certain number of empty slots beyond 151, for the other existing Pokemon plus one more. 808 might not even be its dex number in the end, it might just be the 808th and final Pokemon added to Quest.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom