• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

The game features a chibi artstyle, simplified game mechanics across the board, and younger protagonists. It’s aimed at kids.

But let’s, for the sake of argument, pretend that you’re right and they’re targeting the Pokémon Go audience with these games. In that case, you’re still not the Target demographic of these games. You’re still the periphery demographic, and these games are still not made for you (or me, for that matter.) You can enjoy them all you want (or not,) but you’re not the audience whose money GF is looking to get.

I'd say it's more aimed at the people who have only ever played Pokemon GO. Kids aren't stupid, they don't need a game as nerfed as Let's Go to have fun. We all played Pokemon as a kid and we were fine. Little kids are gonna buy it because it's Pokemon, not because it's a hella easy game

So they've confirmed that catching pokemon requires motion controls with no option to turn them off. I'm baffled that they didn't learn anything from the backlash that Mario Odyssey got for locking some of it's more technical moves behind motion controls.

I don’t think itll effect this too much. Mario Odyssey has fighting a lot right? But this is just catching Pokémon. So you’ll only use it a few times in the game. It’s annoying, but not as big of a deal unless you go catching every pidgey and caterpie and all their family members.

I don’t think itll effect this too much. Mario Odyssey has fighting a lot right? But this is just catching Pokémon. So you’ll only use it a few times in the game. It’s annoying, but not as big of a deal unless you go catching every pidgey and caterpie and all their family members.
It's not a problem for me, but I can see this being a problem for people with disabilities. I really hate how Nintendo games force motions gimmicks with no way to have the option to not use them.

It's not a problem for me, but I can see this being a problem for people with disabilities. I really hate how Nintendo games force motions gimmicks with no way to have the option to not use them.
The only way sormeone wouldn’t be able to do it is if their arm is injured, and they can’t swing it. And if the sensors are sensitive enough, even that might not hinder as long as they can flick their wrist.

The only way sormeone wouldn’t be able to do it is if their arm is injured, and they can’t swing it. And if the sensors are sensitive enough, even that might not hinder as long as they can flick their wrist.
I think the biggest problem, at least for Mario, was that in order to utilize the motion controls, you had to play with the 2 joycon separated, whereas most people would agree that using them together as a controller (or even just using the pro controller) is much more comfortable.

Having said that, however, I actually found the motion controls in Mario to be less problematic than, say, Skyward Sword, where sometimes the motion just didn’t work or made it really frustrating.

tldr: motion controls can be done correctly, but a choice is always better.

The whole point of introducing features with certain controls is to make use of that specific function. While I agree there would be no harm in an option to turn them off (as I'm more than blessed I can do so for flying on Lunala), I can understand why they wouldn't have one as this is something fairly simplistic to do, just flicking the remote. Nothing like rotating the entire console and screen and such.

I’m pretty sure it would be considered seen. This is the very same Twitter feed with a post from April 8th hosting the Zeraora reveal video. From their perspective, all anyone who’s reading that tweet about the new Pokémon needs to do in order to find out about Zeraora is scroll down a bit. Besides that, it’s clear from that reveal video that Zeraora will be given out to USUM. But are they really going to distribute a single Pokémon for USUM, and then make it the only thing we can transfer from Gen 7 to LGPE? That’s mighty awkward. And to what end? “You’ll meet a Special Pokémon... if you bothered to pick up our double-dip games last year and feel like moving it up so you can use it here instead of on the 3DS.”

It makes a lot more sense for this to just be a brand-new Pokémon. That way, LGPE aren’t just 100% Yellow remakes, and do offer some new form of exclusive content for anyone who is willing to go in on them.

Remember, we also have the possibility that megas and z-moves are in the game, due to Masuda saying that he can't say anything about them at this time when he could've just said no if they weren't.

Well... him saying no will effect sales big time. So i don't expect them in the game, especially since we didn't saw the PC with a bracelet during the trailer, not even on Cycling Road or Fuschia City and that is already close to end-game. Its thus safe to assume we won't get Mega's or Z-Moves.

Well... him saying no will effect sales big time. So i don't expect them in the game, especially since we didn't saw the PC with a bracelet during the trailer, not even on Cycling Road or Fuschia City and that is already close to end-game. Its thus safe to assume we won't get Mega's or Z-Moves.
I don’t disagree with you, but to be fair, Mega’s became post-game content in Gen VII. It could be a similar case here.

You’re probably still right tho.

I don’t disagree with you, but to be fair, Mega’s became post-game content in Gen VII. It could be a similar case here.

You’re probably still right tho.

Yes, but we had the bracelet during the playthrough. And Mega's are basically pointless anyways, since the game is way too easy if you can also have a co-op with your friend, meaning the 1v1 battles are a 2v1.

Yes, but we had the bracelet during the playthrough. And Mega's are basically pointless anyways, since the game is way too easy if you can also have a co-op with your friend, meaning the 1v1 battles are a 2v1.

Megas and co-op aren't correlated. May as well remove every item in the game, the game is too easy because 2v1

We can both play that game.

In Alola, we had the bracelet during the main campaign because the bracelet was necessary for Z-Moves. If Z-Moves are relegated to the postgame in LGPE (along with Megas,) that could explain the lack of a bracelet in the trailer.

In Alola, we had the bracelet during the main campaign because the bracelet was necessary for Z-Moves. If Z-Moves are relegated to the postgame in LGPE (along with Megas,) that could explain the lack of a bracelet in the trailer.

No it doesn't explain it. Analyze the Mewtwo bit in the trailer. No Bracelet too be seen and Mewtwo is pretty much post-game.

If those features are relegated to the post-game, then is there really a point? Would non-3DS players start using them for casual battles against friends? Let alone a tedious battle facility.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom