• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

It's a shame about Mew, because these games would have also been a perfect opportunity for a Mew episode in the post-game, like the Delta Episode and Deoxys.

I guess they really are doubling down on having Mythical Pokémon exist solely for promotional reasons, with nothing to contribute to the interior setting of the games. I can't say I'm surprised. We've been sliding more and more in that direction every generation, with Zeraora being perhaps the most egregious example yet.

So, if the Sinnoh games end up being Go-makes, we should pretty much just ditch any hopes for post-game stuff dealing with Darkrai, Shaymin, and/or Arceus, yeah? (n)

So the video showed new Pokemon pop up out of the grass every now and then. So that means that shiny Pokemon might be visible in the overworld.

I wonder if the rates of appearance are the same as Gen 6/7.

Huh, I was sort of expecting them to show something to catch the attention of more hardcore fans in the live stream but we didn't get anything like that...just the opposite in fact...it seems like they were clearly broadcasting that this game is for younger or newer players. I hate to use the word casual but since that's the way everyone else is communicating for now I guess I can. But I do find it odd they would even show the game at E3 then it's not like the "casuals" really watch E3 most of the time anyway so I'm not 100% sure why they even showed this game off at E3 but OK.

Anyways it looks like the hand holding people hate so much is back in spades in this game. Yikes, even I think it's a bit much to not let you fight a gym leader unless you have a type effective mon but maybe that was only for the first gym? Even if that's the case I suspect at this point a wide array of the "hardcore" fans have decided not to get these games and that's fine I guess it will be interesting to see what the sales numbers for this game are. If this sells well it may indicate the there simply is more money in marketing to the "casuals".

I still intend to pick up the game becomes having a fun relaxed adventure with an eevee with the option of co-op still sounds fun to me even if it's not quite the same kind of fun that the core games offer.

Also, I suspect this thread will die soon now since everyone has said their peace and this game really isn't popular with people on this website.

Holy crap I just finished the E3 Presentation and I'm so much more hyped than before!

Your starter is an Item Finder.

It looks like the Key Item EXP. Share might not exist anymore and is just an inherent ability, meaning you always gain EXP as if you had that item in prior games. So that'll shut up all the people going "but ma EXP farming". So you can just encounter Pidgeottos over and over and Speed EV train your entire team, presumably, since EV's should be trained along with EXP.

Pikachu can learn Double Kick?! Yoooooooo that's lit.

Not digging the happy go lucky rival as usual, hopefully you can still name him, actually I know you can because if Trace was his default name, it wouldn't be in all caps, so they clearly typed that in.

GO Park is literally a Pal Park but the Pokemon you transfer in restart at Lvl 1 it seems like, that's really cool! Lvl 1 Legendary Birds will be cool.

Oh, and it appears you can send in Pokemon to get EV candies. That is an amazing compromise for the hit to EV training!

I'm also so hyped for the Mew. I hadn't pre-ordered the games yet because I expected a bundle like this, I definitely will pre-order the Pikachu and PokeBall Plus bundle.

This game is objectively everything a Pokemon game ever should be. If you still hate on this game then what are you even doing with yourself lol

Last edited:
I'm struggling to find what's so different about this game. As far as I can see after today's footage, this is just Pokemon Yellow with changes to wild encounters and stat growth. What other overhauls are in place to warrant phenomenal blockbuster sales and the birthing of a new series? Pokemon Go's main attraction isn't exactly in Let's Go (because it can't be), so I feel we should temper our expectations (or fears) regarding its success.

When you’re trying to dismiss other people’s opinions, no you can’t say what you want.

Great for you if you love these games, you don’t have to act like this though.

Where did I tell anyone how to feel, at all?

This game is objectively everything a Pokemon game ever should be. If you still hate on this game then what are you even doing with yourself lol

I don't see how I told anyone what to think. I told people that this game is objectively the vision and spirit of a Pokemon game as an ultimate concept, and that hating on this game is dumb, but I didn't tell people not to hate on this game, just that it's objectively incorrect to do so as a Pokemon fan. If you disagree with me that's fine.

Like I said, I can say whatever I want about the games and about other people's opinions, just as you so clearly have made your voice heard here as well. If you're allowed to have aggressive opinions towards those who like the game, why would I not be allowed to do the same towards the haters? What a double standard lol

Lol.

Says the someone who’s here just to tell how other people are supposed to feel.

First of all, read the previous post of mine, because I never did that.

Second of all, you're doing all the same things I am, just on the opposite side. What makes you and your opinions and statements so much more important? I'm here to praise the game, not tell anyone how they should feel. This game, in my opinion, is the definition of the spirit of Pokemon.

I'm struggling to find what's so different about this game. As far as I can see after today's footage, this is just Pokemon Yellow with changes to wild encounters and stat growth. What other overhauls are in place to warrant phenomenal blockbuster sales and the birthing of a new series?

The cynical interpretation is that it doesn’t have to make any overhauls other than the conversion to Go mechanics - people :love: Gen 1 and people :love: Go, so naturally, people should :love::love: a combination of the two.

In Thread 06/12/18
Guys, can we lay down on the insults and jabs about other people’s opinions? Criticizing or praising the game is fine, but make sure to respect what other people think about it. We all have different opinions about this (admittedly controversial) game, but make sure to not dismiss differing opinions or insult other users in the process.

Thank you, and carry on.

• Alright, I finally finished watching the E3 gameplay and I'm quite pleased with what they showed.
  • I really like that the trainer throws Pikachu/Eevee off their shoulder and into battle. That's a nice touch.
  • I LOVE that there are different sizes of the Pokemon. That's a nice mechanic they to incorporate from GO. I feel like I'd be that person who internationally built a team of only Pokemon that are bigger/smaller than the norm. :p
  • It's nice that any Pokemon can follow the player and that it isn't just the first Pokemon in the party.
  • It's cool that you can change your Pokemon's name on the fly and don't have to go to a move re-namer.
  • Trace is really funny to me, because he looks like some sort of wannabe cool guy, but he's actually a nice guy who gets scared easily. :D
  • I like that pause screen has your Pikachu/Eevee and the player's name. That was cute. :X3:
  • I like how Pikachu and Eevee can help the player find items.
  • Brock's gym looks AMAZING. I love that there are random people who watch the battle and that's such a nice touch. Also, I was a bit confused when people were saying you can't go in Brock's gym without a water or grass-type, but it seems like you just need to show one to the guy at the entrance the first time you get there. Plus it's not like you need to use it in battle anyway, so I really don't see the big deal :p
  • Overall, everything looked really nice, and I can't wait to see more footage.

Last edited:
Brock's gym looks AMAZING. I love that there are random people who watch the battle and that's such a nice touch. Also, I was a bit confused when people were saying you can't go in Brock's gym without a water or grass-type, but it seems like you just need to show one to the guy at the entrance the first time you get there. Plus it's not like you need to use it in battle anyway, so I really don't see the big deal

This reminded me something, actually: the portable PC Box. I mean, unless there is some mechanism that blocks it in the Gym, nothing would stop you from swapping the Grass/Water Pokémon out of the team before facing Brock, would it?

Brock's Gym looks so disappointing in 3D. The audience sections are a nice touch, but just having two trainers stand around a bunch of rocks looks dumb. I was hoping they'd update it to be more visually interesting, like how ORAS converted half of Roxanne's Gym to a museum, while the other half was themed after a cave and had fossil decorations.

I think Trace and Chase are just placeholder names. I also noticed you cannot nickname your caught Pokemon, which might turn off even more people.
I thought so too because they showed TRACE in all caps, but then they also showed BROCK in all caps when signifying he was talking, and when he introduced himself it was NOT in all caps... so idk what to think anymore.

Brock's Gym looks so disappointing in 3D. The audience sections are a nice touch, but just having two trainers stand around a bunch of rocks looks dumb. I was hoping they'd update it to be more visually interesting, like how ORAS converted half of Roxanne's Gym to a museum, while the other half was themed after a cave and had fossil decorations.
That was kind of Brock's gym in the anime

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom