• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Sure, but you could ask the same thing about the regular animations. Presumably, they were going to be used in SM. Maybe the idea was dropped before shinies were considered.

Shiny followers are still a possibility, though. It would be lame to exclude them when they don't require new animations.

I doubt they will add anything like gambling. If we can't have slots (RIP Game Corner), then there's no way in hell they'll get to have actual money being pissed away on lootboxes.

The reason they were removed is because they were actually gambling under the legal definitie, which is putting in money for something with the chance of getting nothing in return.

Even if you get something shit from a Loot Box, you still get something, so it's "not gambling".

This needs to be updated.

But still,Game Freak are free to put them in and still market it to 4 year olds.

The amiibo rewards aren’t anything significant and as far as I know can be obtainable in the games without amiibo (I'm not sure on the second part, though).
Amiibo don’t give game-breaking advantages to users who purchase a lot of them, and a single amiibo can be used in multiple games.

Amiibos are even worse. They're limited and if you want the stuff it gives you? better enjoy your 10 times higher price DLC

It;s like how Mew is a £50 DLC in LG

But then what does Beluga refer to then? It can't be Lugia since Game Freak confirmed we'll only be getting the originals + 1 new Pokémon. Does this mean the new Pokémon is literally a beluga whale?
It doesn't have to refer to any Pokemon.
Sun and Moon's codename was Niji (Rainbow in Japanese), which doesn't refer to any Pokemon.

It doesn't have to refer to any Pokemon.
Sun and Moon's codename was Niji (Rainbow in Japanese), which doesn't refer to any Pokemon.
You got me there. Still, what about LGPE screams "beluga whale" in it? At least "Rainbow" referred to the setting of the games (with Alola being based on Hawaii, the Rainbow State).

So, what do you personally think "beluga" refers to in relation to LGPE? Is it just a random name with no meaning, or is there something else we aren't seeing?

So we now know that at least the old Megas will return in LGPE.

View: https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm/status/1024764837216235520

View: https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/1024616884380069889

But the question is, will we get new megas?
I don't think we know yet.

You got me there. Still, what about LGPE screams "beluga whale" in it? At least "Rainbow" referred to the setting of the games (with Alola being based on Hawaii, the Rainbow State).

So, what do you personally think "beluga" refers to in relation to LGPE? Is it just a random name with no meaning, or is there something else we aren't seeing?
I don't know at the moment.
But it's possible that it refers to the new Pokemon.

Considering Niji was related to it being Hawaii, I would think Beluga has some reference to something in the game.

Considering it is just Beluga, it could be derived from a few different things. A beluga whale obviously. There is also a beluga sturgeon, which is a type of fish. Airbus Beluga, which is a plan. A beluga class submarine. There was also a US ship with beluga in its name, but I doubt that one.

I don't see how it relates though save for the new pokemon.

So we now know that at least the old Megas will return in LGPE.
No, we don't. The figurines are suspicious, but the Battle Arena decks tend to be random (as most non-Japanese products are). There needs to be more evidence than that.

There is still the issue of held items being unconfirmed (only being reported by a single person) and the player characters not wearing any ring.

If it's "Beluga Whale" then I sure do have an 'idea' of what they could be referring too lmfao

Since it's involving Pokemon GO

Man, imagine heing the Youtube kid that GF invited to their headquarters. He was literally in the same room as the computers that the new Pokemon are on.

This is far more wishful thinking on my part rather than genuine speculation, but what if Beluga was intended as a reference to Missingno? Missingno is encountered in the water, after all, and it's pretty massive.

Oh, and going with the Missingno theory, a certain line stood out to me in one of the confirmed leaks-specifically, the one claiming Red and Blue would play a role in the story.
wk3OELR.jpg
It's seemed doubtful with what's been revealed of the story so far, but what if it's not Red and Blue the trainers, but Red and Blue the games? Maybe they're an item used to make Missingno appear?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom