• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

In case people have not seen it yet:

I thought I saw talk of this somewhere but couldn't find the video so I'll put it here. Provides a closer look at stuff we've already seen.

This game is so damn cute :X3: I like how pikachu and eevee follow the player before they start riding on their shoulder/head.

I know it likely to be fake, but @lavandula found Kanto Starters with Mega Evolution cards for let's go, which she implies that Mega Evolution will return in Let's go (still unconfirmed at the moment). Also not only Megas may return, but we'll get new ones according to this source below, but you have to translate it:
[RUMOR] Nuove megaevoluzioni presenti in Pokémon: Let's Go? - Pokémon Millennium

I doubt we'll get new megas, and I don't know Megas will make a return or not.

I'm on the same boat with there being no new Mega's in Let's Go, but I would love to keep some room for the return of Mega Evolution as well as Z-Moves in let's Go. For all that stands, unless its correlated to the Gen 8 titles (which imo will no doubt include both) we still have the confirmed rumor that mentions Z-moves returning. If the recent marketing in any indication, we may see them, but if I were to guess, they may be given in the post game, like how Mega Evolution was given in the post game of SM/USUM. Also to counter the Pokemon not being able to hold items, they could make both Z-Crystals and Mega Stone a Key Item and have them equip-able to Pokemon rather than being a held item, but again, that is just my assumption.

In regards to @lavandula and her information mentioned in the article, it could be assume we might be seeing the Elite 4 revealed in the following month(s) as well as a proper introduction to Jessie, James, Meowth, and even Giovanni seeing that their signature Pokemon were mentioned (much like the USUM hint Masuda dropped in regards to Rainbow Rocket). As for Golem, we did see a video of him following the trainer, so the trademark must be for its usage in those videos, assuming that the rest may be seen in later videos.

*Please note though, this is just my assumptions of what may occur, and I hope no one minds the text wall, just wanted to get it out there. Cheers!

I know it likely to be fake, but @lavandula found Kanto Starters with Mega Evolution cards for let's go, which she implies that Mega Evolution will return in Let's go (still unconfirmed at the moment). Also not only Megas may return, but we'll get new ones according to this source below, but you have to translate it:
[RUMOR] Nuove megaevoluzioni presenti in Pokémon: Let's Go? - Pokémon Millennium

I doubt we'll get new megas, and I don't know Megas will make a return or not.
Hi, I didn't say that they are going to be new Megas.
I only said that these Pokemon are being re-trademarked.

However, I believe these trademarked Pokemon are going to receive some special treatment (otherwise, they'd trademark all 151 Pokemon instead of just a handful) , which makes megas one of the (many) possibilities.

So not too sure how credible this is, but word on the street is that work on the Generation 8 Pokemon Anime has begun, with its art style being a hybrid of "The Power of Us" and Sun & Moon. Also it seems that there will be a major shift in characterization, though he didn't specify what it means.
Source:

View: https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1026158036530933760

Personally, it makes me wonder if that is the case, then is Movie 22 based on something along the lines of Let's Go? After all its title is "Mewtwo Strikes Back-EVOLUTION", which indicates its being a reboot/remake of the first film. Just a hunch, but I also wonder if with Movie 22, will fans be able to get No. 808 as a movie gift? I mean the last 2 films did give us access to the event Pokemon, and from what it looks like, Pokemon 808 is not present in the Generation 7 games, unless I am mistaken.

I don't think that guy's all that credible. He's being super vague in most of his tweets, and just says he "heard it through the grapevine".

View: https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1026196635909611520

With no established reputation or even any details on the making of the anime, there's no reason to believe this guy's word at all.

Just a hunch, but I also wonder if with Movie 22, will fans be able to get No. 808 as a movie gift?
I'm doubtful on that. Given Mew's role in the first movie, it'd suit a giveaway just fine, but Mew's getting put in a 50$ Poke Ball instead.

I don't think that guy's all that credible. He's being super vague in most of his tweets, and just says he "heard it through the grapevine".

View: https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1026196635909611520

With no established reputation or even any details on the making of the anime, there's no reason to believe this guy's word at all.

I'm doubtful on that. Given Mew's role in the first movie, it'd suit a giveaway just fine, but Mew's getting put in a 50$ Poke Ball instead.

That's what I thought too about Mew, b/c in the HGSS era, we got Mew as a first event present, but this seems null seeing it comes in the Poke Ball Plus. But then it also makes me wonder, unless they cop out Mewtwo as a give away, what else would they give during the film's premiere? I want to assume #808 may be in this film due to Marshadow and Zeraora's presence in the last 2 films, but anything could happen.

They've confirmed Mew will only be distributed in the PBP, so it for sure can't be Mew. I personally think any gifts would be more likely distributed to Gen 7 rather than LGPE. With all 150 Pokemon available from GO, there's not much point in having a Mystery Gift system at all in LGPE, so I don't think they're going to put it in for just one Pokemon. But it does would sense to have 808 in the next movie, given the trend of "classic legendary+new legendary".

They've confirmed Mew will only be distributed in the PBP, so it for sure can't be Mew. I personally think any gifts would be more likely distributed to Gen 7 rather than LGPE. With all 150 Pokemon available from GO, there's not much point in having a Mystery Gift system at all in LGPE, so I don't think they're going to put it in for just one Pokemon. But it does would sense to have 808 in the next movie, given the trend of "classic legendary+new legendary".
All fair points mate, but after a discussion with my little brother, he brought up a good point also. If Pokemon #808 were to be distributed in the Gen 7 games, we should have its data and code like we did for Zeraora's, meaning unless it wasn't added into the game like Zeraora in SM, then the only possible conclusion are these: A) it is in Let's Go, but may have a role in its story or post game, or B) Its kept for the next generation like Ash-Greninja and Perfect Zygarde. Either cases may be plausible. P.S> this wasn't my theory, but my little brothers ;) so feel free to rip on him for any mistakes (yes, I'm that type of older brother lol jk, I love him).

The new Pokemon could certainly be featured in the movie, but as a mythical? That would mean that they alluded to it about 14 months ahead of its distribution in Japan.

I suspect that there will be a separate mythical, and yes, that would make the 3DS games irrelevant to the distribution.

All fair points mate, but after a discussion with my little brother, he brought up a good point also. If Pokemon #808 were to be distributed in the Gen 7 games, we should have its data and code like we did for Zeraora's, meaning unless it wasn't added into the game like Zeraora in SM, then the only possible conclusion are these: A) it is in Let's Go, but may have a role in its story or post game, or B) Its kept for the next generation like Ash-Greninja and Perfect Zygarde. Either cases may be plausible. P.S> this wasn't my theory, but my little brothers ;) so feel free to rip on him for any mistakes (yes, I'm that type of older brother lol jk, I love him).
Oh, for sure! I think I was being a bit confusing-my point with the gifts is that it seems like there's no game that would receive 808 (LGPE likely not having MG, and Gen 7 not having data for it), but at the same time, it does seem likely that 808 would appear in the film, given what we've had with previous mythicals, so I'm not sure what to think! (Your brother's making great points, no need to rip on him!)

Except that you cannot compare the case of the new Pokemon with Ash-Greninja and Perfect Zygarde, since those are forms and thus already have Pokedex numbers for their regular forms. We already know a new Pokemon is gonna appear in the Lets Go Games regardless (And if its #808) has too be seen. If it doesn't get #808, then #808 in Pokemon Quest was a red herring.

That is a credible source. But he changes his Twitter name all the time because he doesn't want to get too famous.
Some people like to share, as dedicated Pokemon fans, but don't like fame.

(That's why I'm not quoting anyone here, in case he wants to change his Twitter name again)

Let's see here..about the Pokemon that got re-trademarked -

Raichu (Starter evo)
Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon (Starter evos)
Golem - Brock
Starmie - Misty
the Hitmons - If my memory serves right we get one of these as a gift
Arbok - Jessie
Weezing - James
Persian - Giovanni
Jynx - Lorelei
Machamp - Bruno
Dragonite - Lance

Maybe just reading too much into it...

Let's see here..about the Pokemon that got re-trademarked -

Raichu (Starter evo)
Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon (Starter evos)
Golem - Brock
Starmie - Misty
the Hitmons - If my memory serves right we get one of these as a gift
Arbok - Jessie
Weezing - James
Persian - Giovanni
Jynx - Lorelei
Machamp - Bruno
Dragonite - Lance

Maybe just reading too much into it...

But you have to admit, a mega Machamp and Arbok would be amazing to see.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom