• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

CoroCoro should have something this month. And it should be leaking in the next few days. We always get the September issue in August around the 8th since it releases on the 10th.

With all 150 Pokemon available from GO, there's not much point in having a Mystery Gift system at all in LGPE, so I don't think they're going to put it in for just one Pokemon.

LGPE likely not having MG

Mystery Gift is a thing in LGPE, though. The option itself is shown in the Treehouse demo.

They can easily give out events that aren't Mew or a possible second Mythical (not counting the teased one).

Just a thought, seeing that GameFreak is making this more closer to the anime (guessing seeing we now see Team Rocket in Veridian City as opposed to Mt. Moon), do you guys think we may see the Orange Island League as a post game, it was in the anime, and unless they bring back the Sevii Islands from FRLG (which doesn't seem to be the case yet) would they make the Gyms like Trials, kinda like how Ash went through to get the Orange League badges (they were admittedly kinda like Trials in a way).

Just a thought, seeing that GameFreak is making this more closer to the anime (guessing seeing we now see Team Rocket in Veridian City as opposed to Mt. Moon), do you guys think we may see the Orange Island League as a post game, it was in the anime, and unless they bring back the Sevii Islands from FRLG (which doesn't seem to be the case yet) would they make the Gyms like Trials, kinda like how Ash went through to get the Orange League badges (they were admittedly kinda like Trials in a way).
I don't think so. They are gonna keep the extra content to a minimum because they are trying to appeal to casuals, who usually don't care for that stuff.

They confirmed that the map is going to stay the same in an interview, so probably not.

I really like the Orange Islands, and if LGPE is more seriously animé heavy than we first thought, who knows.

But since GF openly proclaim the game's landmass will be very faithful to Yellow, including the Islands seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/JynxClub/status/1025433663847116801

Probably not megas, since Raichu, Golem and Persian have Alolan forms, and I don't think they'd give megas to Eeveelutions.
Still, these Pokemon will get more marketed than the others.

I’m with you on doubting that Pokémon with Alola forms getting megas. But then again, there’s a chance that mascot privilege could extend to Raichu since it’s the evolved form of Pikachu. And be honest, wouldn’t it be great if Flareon got something that could end its status as the worst eeveelution in competitive play?

I’m with you on doubting that Pokémon with Alola forms getting megas. But then again, there’s a chance that mascot privilege could extend to Raichu since it’s the evolved form of Pikachu. And be honest, wouldn’t it be great if Flareon got something that could end its status as the worst eeveelution in competitive play?

The Eeveelutions and Raichu won't get Mega's. Raichu has the Alolan Form + If Raichu is getting a Mega, it makes the starter Pikachu pointless since we already know it cannot evolve. Same goes for Eevee and the Eeveelutions, since its not only the Alolan Forms you have too take into account, but also the Exclusive Z-Moves.

I'm still having doubts on having new megas, after watching @lavandula video on youtube:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgLoSaS7Vc
I'm not even sure, she states that already have re-trademark got megas, like XY and ORAS, but pokemon with alolan formes and exclusive z-move were not retrademark, she indicates the alolan formes and z-moves are big enough for trademark, but megas are, so is mega are likely, or is it completely bigger than megas, what bigger than megas, maybe new gimmick, I don't think so, they probably introduce a new gimmick in the mid-generation, it could be new megas or not, i know don't know we'll see I guess.

If lavandula's source is the Japanese Riddler or anyone associated with them... I call bull. They have no real track record to speak of and trademarks should be well known, anyway.

And uh, of course all Kanto Pokemon are going to be re-registered by next year if their trademarks are going to expire.

People seem to forget that Jynx was getting trademarked for XY/ORAS (Either way, one of them), meaning its trademark likely expires soon.

It has also been speculated in the past that the reason why Jynx is trademarked a lot is to prevent illegal distributions of the now-banned episode Holliday Hi-Jynx.

People seem to forget that Jynx was getting trademarked for XY/ORAS (Either way, one of them), meaning its trademark likely expires soon.
I am not sure what you're getting at, but that trademark will only expire in late 2022.

I should note that all of these alleged new trademarks aren't in the database yet, so take the rumor with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
Sure. While a few Pokemon seem to lack to trademarks (I've noticed that Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Persian don't have any), you'd expect most of them to get new ones when the old ones expire.

Jynx had lacked a trademark before 2012 for whatever reason. I guess it's a marketability thing.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom