• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Japanese trailer its, as always better than the occidental ones XD

EDIT: and as everyone expected they made a new Switch "let's go version". I like it, it's very cool
2018910151614_1.jpg

Pika Papow? Splishy splash, Veevee volley, sizzly slide?

Every day these games try their best to convince me they’ve been created for literal toddlers.

Seriously it sounds like something you’d say to your one year old.

Everything about this game makes me think their trying to be cute instead of serious. And honestly everything about this is heart meltingly cute and I love it but cute isn't for everyone so your millage may very.

Everything about this game makes me think their trying to be cute instead of serious. And honestly everything about this is heart meltingly cute and I love it but cute isn't for everyone so your millage may very.

I like cute things to an extent but for me the game being in literal toddler-speak is a bit too much.

Interesting that Eevee and Pikachu get their own exclusive moves this game. Eevee looks like he got the favoritism cause he got the most. Then again I can see that their giving Eevee moves based on it's evos. So Eevee more than likely won't be short on coverage. And honestly Pikachu with a water move is best coverage it actually needs. Though I do question what exactly made the english department want to give these new moves such...cutesy names?

Honestly, I am impressed at how much effort they're putting to make these Pokemon usable. And the game just oozes so much personality from what we've seen that I can't help but kind of want it. (Even with the really silly baby names) If I get a Switch by then, I may change my mind...

I do hope though that these moves stay usable for their evolutions in Gen 8. Though the silly names kind of make me doubt it a bit because they sound like they're for young Pokémon, but the Japanese ones might not be as stupid and that's really what matters.

(Even after saying this though, I totally plan on boxing Eevee if I get the game. I just prefer the Eeveelutions so much more. I'm totally missing the point of these games, ha)

Honestly, I am impressed at how much effort they're putting to make these Pokemon usable. And the game just oozes so much personality from what we've seen that I can't help but kind of want it. (Even with the really silly baby names) If I get a Switch by then, I may change my mind...

I do hope though that these moves stay usable for their evolutions in Gen 8. Though the silly names kind of make me doubt it a bit because they sound like they're for young Pokémon, but the Japanese ones might not be as stupid and that's really what matters.

(Even after saying this though, I totally plan on boxing Eevee if I get the game. I just prefer the Eeveelutions so much more. I'm totally missing the point of these games, ha)
Actually when I think about it. Don't you kind of need Pikachu and Eevee to progress in the game? Since those secret techniques seems exclusive to them, and there's no HMs it seems. I mean, unless you're up to constantly switching pokemon in and out the box when you want to travel across the water or fly.

Well, as someone previously mentioned, the box is always available. No more running to the Pokémon Center. So it wouldn't be a terrible inconvenience.

And they could always make it so that you can use it without them in the party, considering how accessible they're trying to make these games with the removal of more frustrating features.

Although I wasn't sold on the games from the start, it just seems like a really enjoyable game after all these trailers.It may not be the game I wanted but it looks fun tbh.

EDIT: and as everyone expected they made a new Switch "let's go version". I like it, it's very cool
undefined

Finally, a Switch that looks like I took both a p*ss and a s**t at the same time.

No seriously, it just looks really unappealing.

After my initial disappointment at the announcement of this game, I had been slowly trending upward towards wanting to buy it with the various information releases, culminating in the video clip of the SS Anne, which just looks amazing. I was going to compliment the marketing for this one, because I went from being disappointed, to intrigued, to almost excited about eventually playing this. But today's new release of information certainly has me trending downwards again as the new additions are way too gimmicky for my taste.

I'm really disappointed in the HM/field moves, as the point of these are that it takes a group of Pokemon with different skills to be able to help you through your journey. I get the nostalgia behind fly and surf Pikachu, but having your starters do all HM type moves is too much. And having multiple gimmick moves with embarrassing names is quite disappointing as well. I got used to the Z move names, but these are a whole new level of embarrassing, and seemingly far more gimmicky. I very much hope (and expect) these moves never make it into any other game.

Also, minor point, Misty's Starmie is level 18, when it was 21 in RBYFRLG, so of course, they are also making it easier (which doesn't come as a surprise).

I get the nostalgia behind fly and surf Pikachu, but having your starters do all HM type moves is too much. And having multiple gimmick moves with embarrassing names is quite disappointing as well. I got used to the Z move names, but these are a whole new level of embarrassing, and seemingly far more gimmicky.
These things are all optional. You can choose not to use those moves and increase the difficulty, and other Pokemon will get field moves, too.

I think that Sizzly Slide is an okay name and hope that Flareon learns the move either here or in the next games.

Also, minor point, Misty's Starmie is level 18, when it was 21 in RBYFRLG, so of course, they are also making it easier (which doesn't come as a surprise).
It's level 19 and the addition of Scald probably means that it will be harder to beat.

It's also worth mentioning that Lt. Surge and Erika are higher leveled than they were in RGBY.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom