• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Are some of you guys complaining because the battles can be tedious? Yes, it's artificial difficulty, but it's difficulty at the end of the day, and it may mean that the game isn't a walk in the park after all.

This would be my dream feature, as it gives you an excuse to raise and use your PC mons, with which I've always shared an special bond. But the problem is...Kanto, I really don't feel anything for 80% of the species so I wouldn't enjoy most of the battles If I bought the game.

And this surprises people? Pretty much every game since they started focusing on casuals has had a barren post game with almost nothing added. The moment this game was announced and they confirmed they were focusing on casuals and Go fans, the chances of this game having a good post game were pretty much shot.

And this surprises people? Pretty much every game since they started focusing on casuals has had a barren post game with almost nothing added. The moment this game was announced and they confirmed they were focusing on casuals and Go fans, the chances of this game having a good post game were pretty much shot.
I noticed that ever since Gen 6 foward sad this is still happening....although I'm very hype for Gen 8 next year and I'm sure it's gonna be great I'm worry the trend will continue there....but we'll find out eventually again it's worrying.

Considering that Masuda contrasted how easy co-op is with the Master Trainers' difficulty, I'm pretty sure that they've disabled co-op for those battles. Of course, training two Pokemon of the same species to level 75 just for an easier battle would be a dumb move, anyway.

I'll give them credit where credit is due, I like the idea of this Master Trainers quest more than Rainbow Rocket. I hope some elements of this concept are retained in 2019 and beyond.

What do you mean by co-op locked? The battles should be possible with both one and two players.

They already confirmed those Master Trainer Battles are 1v1, meaning its Co-Op locked, since the second player cannot battle them, meaning Co-Op post game is pointless.

Which is really weird, because so much of LGPE is about making the game easier. (You can even fight the Champion with two players)

Could Alolan forms be used against Master Pokemon? Seeing as their asset numbers are coded with their Kantonian forms there might be a slight chance that they’re allowed.

Would make the battles a tad bit more interesting (it might also make things more challenging as more often than not alolan forms are weak to the Kanto ones).

Honestly, with every bit of news and interview quotes, this game just seems to be offering less and less. It's frustrating liking Pokemon when GF seem to go out their way to make barebones games. Yearly barebones games.

Defintely not getting this, I'd assume that there will be LGPE Evolution or what have you in 2020. It'll be the same game, but now Pikachu & Eevee can evolve.

Defintely not getting this, I'd assume that there will be LGPE Evolution or what have you in 2020. It'll be the same game, but now Pikachu & Eevee can evolve.
Or your Starter will instead be Psyduck. Your rivals (Trace and the Opposite Gender Character) will get Pikachu and Eevee instead. Also, they'll give them to you as gifts halfway through because, man, you're just their BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!

Or your Starter will instead be Psyduck. Your rivals (Trace and the Opposite Gender Character) will get Pikachu and Eevee instead. Also, they'll give them to you as gifts halfway through because, man, you're just their BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!

No, it will be Let's Go Clefairy.

Yeah every news and interviews I see it makes me feel ill....at least there's Smash and the rest of 2019 to look foward to including Gen 8 (PLEASE less handholding and with more serious depth again sad to say I'm not holding my breath...at least it'll still be good at least)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom