• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

So what about Mega Evolution? Does anyone use it in the maingame?

In the trainer data text file has none, from what I've seen.

But I think it does not mean that no trainer will use mega evolutions in the game, since now it will not be necessary to hold items.

And the mega evolution is something activated in the "real time" of the battle. So, I guess, without the hold items, we could not see them in the text file.

Someone can correct me about that if I'm wrong.

Edit
So, what happened to Kaphotics?

Last edited:
It looks like freaking Trial Captain Mina will be battleable in these games! Or at least it seems that way, as the data for “Pokémon Trainer Mina” does indeed have her with a full team of Fairy types in two different encounters. Wow, what an unexpected surprise...but still, I wonder how on Earth GameFreak is going to justify her existence in this alternate timeline?? I mean in the SM & USUM universes she is no older than 19 (as confirmed by Mallow when she mentions that Trial Captains have to move on at the age of 20), and Red & Blue use their younger models in this game so will we be battling an 8 year old version of Mina or something??? Or will they pull another Anabel “faller” justification (ugh).

Well, we don't have acess to the 3D model of Mina yet, do we? As you said, maybe she looks younger. And it makes sense that maybe she was in Kanto before she started as a Trial Captain.

@JFrombaugh

Oh, she is here! And she really looks younger!

Dr08NEmXQAEcAIV.jpg

Dr08N75XcAA2lmX.jpg

Dr0-kGNXcAA8MSY.jpg

Dr0-la9WsAE58On.jpg

Source: Mizumi (@_Mizumi) | Twitter

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
Looks about the same age to me. Just with her hair in pigtails. [/spoilers]

Not to stan this game or anything but OOOHHHH...SHE LOOKS SO CUTE.....look at her little paint freckles......

Are there any screenshots of Archer yet? He's the other spoiler I really care about. According to the trainer data they call him by his name and everything which made me super excited since he's just Rocket Executive in the original Yellow...I wasn't sure if he was Official Retroactive Canon outside of HGSS but I'm glad.

Looks about the same age to me. Just with her hair in pigtails. [/spoilers]

It's true that the chibi style may fool us a little, but she has hints of being younger in Let's Go. Here's a image comparison:

KBbSTdR.png

- Eyelashes are smaller;
- The ink stains on the face and body are smaller. Maybe they wanted to indicate that she's younger with that;
- By the new outfit and hair...Idk, she's just looks younger (and cutie) in Let's Go.

About competitive:
Although I don't think that this game will have a strong competitive community, they certainly also thought about the competitive factor when making certain changes, such as the Solar Beam buff.

I still have not checked the moveset text yet, but from what I see people talking on twitter, Dragon Dance is gone? And there's no Defog or Rapid Spin, despite having Stealth Rock, right?

This is interesting. Without a Choice Scarf, moves that buff speed and sp.atk/atk at once (like Quiver Dance and Dragon Dance) would be very overpower, since if you give a single chance to the opponent to buff them, you would probably lose the game instantly, for the lack of a speed control.

So Charizard-X would turn out to be very strong. It's nice to see they were aware of that. I'm very curious to see what the battles and metagame will be like in practice.

Last edited:
Checked the Twitter stream one last time before bed...and the learnsets & Trainer data are now up.

Some comments...(read at your own risk, spoilers ahead!)

It looks like freaking Trial Captain Mina will be battleable in these games! Or at least it seems that way, as the data for “Pokémon Trainer Mina” does indeed have her with a full team of Fairy types in two different encounters. Wow, what an unexpected surprise...but still, I wonder how on Earth GameFreak is going to justify her existence in this alternate timeline?? I mean in the SM & USUM universes she is no older than 19 (as confirmed by Mallow when she mentions that Trial Captains have to move on at the age of 20), and Red & Blue use their younger models in this game so will we be battling an 8 year old version of Mina or something??? Or will they pull another Anabel “faller” justification (ugh).

She’s probably just the LGPEverse’s native Mina. And within that context, they can calibrate her age however they like. Her age here doesn’t strictly have to be sympathetic to her age in other universes, although I do think her 3D model looks younger.

Not to stan this game or anything but OOOHHHH...SHE LOOKS SO CUTE.....look at her little paint freckles......

Are there any screenshots of Archer yet? He's the other spoiler I really care about. According to the trainer data they call him by his name and everything which made me super excited since he's just Rocket Executive in the original Yellow...I wasn't sure if he was Official Retroactive Canon outside of HGSS but I'm glad.

Archer was in FRLG so he’s been retroactively canon before. He wasn’t outright named though but his team was identical to Archer’s.

SM Red doesn't look very similar to LGPE Red. He was obviously based on FRLG.

Archer was in FRLG so he’s been retroactively canon before. He wasn’t outright named though but his team was identical to Archer’s.
He was in GS first, you know. FRLG didn't make him any more unique.

Does Mina being in these games place the timeline in Gen VII's universe?

I don't think so. I think Mina and Alola also exist in the LGPE universe, and so she appears in Kanto. That means she may have done the same thing and gone to Kanto when younger in the Sun and Moon universe as well.

But I believe they are different universes. First, because in the LGPE universe it is not Red or Blue that face Team Rocket (unless our adventure happens later from theirs).

In the LGPE universe Red only has Venusaur, while Blue has Charizard. In the universe of Sun and Moon, Red has all three kanto's starters, and Blue has none of them.

In the LGPE universe, there is a new character: Green. While in the universe of RGB, she didn't exist, and so perhaps that's why she didn't appear in Sun and Moon with Red and Blue, since in Sun and Moon the events of Kanto probably follow those of RGB (although it is also a different universe, then, perhaps with the Megas).

This is how I see it now. But I believe that other people will have another kind of interpretation about it. And we may have new information with the text dump.

The Rocket Admins weren't given names until HGSS. They existed as higher ups but without names.
Same as in FRLG. It's obvious that they still existed in all those games.

By your logic, Jessie and James were introduced in LGPE because they lacked names in Yellow.

Sorry if I misread you.

SM Red doesn't look very similar to LGPE Red. He was obviously based on FRLG.

He was in GS first, you know. FRLG didn't make him any more unique.

...You missed my entire point didn't you?

No shit he was in GS, all I was pointing out is that LGPE isn't the first time Archer has been retroactively canonized in a Kanto game, because he was present in FRLG as well. I wasn't debating where Archer debuted, that was you completely misreading an entire string of comments.

Having a character's age depend on the universe is a new one. I wonder if they gave it any thought at all.

It’d be pushing the boat out for Pokémon’s level of storytelling, sure. But I just meant it as a theoretical possibility, because saying “and in this universe, I was born in 20 BC instead of the 1990s” is functionally no different from saying, “and in this universe, I was never born at all!”, which is a fairly common multiverse idea.

I think they probably gave thought to her cameo’s age to the extent that “she’d be a kid,” but that’s probably it. Just within the ballpark.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom