• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Giovanni hasn't changed much from FRLG, although he actually talks with the Silph Co. president. The fact that his last line is about dedicating his life to training rather than studying, probably implies that his fate is the same as in the FRLG-HGSS story.

Archer has an interesting way of telling the player that he's out for revenge.

wait so what does that mean? Let's go is not canon?
Just that the player character is inserted into the world much like in Mystery Dungeon. Or, more disturbingly, the player possesses a pre-existing character. This might happen in every game, really.

Knightwolf09 said:
Wow, that Cubone and Marowak scene tugged at the ol heartstrings more than the original.
The previous games didn't have that scene, but Origins did. I think it was done better there, with Reina being a better family for Cubone than Trace. Also, I'm confused as to why Fuji isn't the one that hands out the Key Stone.

Last edited:
As for Green:

I think the joke is supposed to be that she represents the kind of player who really wants to "catch 'em all". Blue is supposed to be the stereotypical competitive player who thinks he's better than everybody else (hence why he's always calling you "newbie"), while Red is the silent protagonist.

But I think it would've been nice if Green had said whether or not she knows Red & Blue.

Mystery Gift is on the start menu now. YES. This game has many QoL features I appreciate.
Some of the PokeRide options are very dumb, in my opinion. Snorlax looks very uncomfortable, and Persian is one of those nobody asked for. I'd have added Tentacruel and Dewgong for water.

MAN, people are gonna be so creepy about Green. Not that I’m surprised because people are always creepy about everything ever. That cutscene is funny as hell though. Green seems the type to scream about having God and anime on her side.

Archer writing a letter and then tearing it up...peak drama. I love it.

MAN, people are gonna be so creepy about Green. Not that I’m surprised because people are always creepy about everything ever. That cutscene is funny as hell though. Green seems the type to scream about having God and anime on her side.

Archer writing a letter and then tearing it up...peak drama. I love it.
She's surprisingly an odd one, as well as a bit petty

Question. Is Red
still silent? Or did they give him a personality? Or do they still think ‘silent’ is a personality?

Remember that autograph from a "Kanto Gym Leader" from the USUM main character's bedroom? Well, Lt. Surge just randomly gives you an autograph after you beat him. This seems really fishy to me.

No one has battled him yet and the text dump is being hidden for whatever reason.

Oh, that's right...the text dump is taking too long. I remember that with USUM, Kaphotics himself released the text dump the next day after the leak, if I remember correctly.

I think it may be because, as someone said, the Switch may be more difficult to get that? Idk.

the game its released can i remove my filter and my spoiler tags?
i m not joking if you like the game i respect your choice but all i watched not convince at all i have simpathy about chibi sprites and interface looks good but i think the models its the same of sun on moon i noticed make the same animation while battling and its weird and creepy for me

you can broke the game transferring a perfect dragonite

im glad for people can enjoy it but this game tries with adorable with you all the time and in a long term can be annoying i dont feel any nostalgia play kanto after i played fire red and leaf green

i know i know i dont have heart because those scenes can be embarrasing when you play the game and all you family watching the tv screen oh my god the super mario 64 annoying voice introducction flasbacks intensifies

Remember that autograph from a "Kanto Gym Leader" from the USUM main character's bedroom? Well, Lt. Surge just randomly gives you an autograph after you beat him. This seems really fishy to me.
Are we playing as the Alola protag’s parent or at least their uncle/aunt?

Random question: Can you nickname any Pokemon you catch in LGPE, or can you only nickname your starter?

Yeah, you can change the nickname of your Pokémon at any time now, just select it and you will see the option to do it.

But I think it's still only possible to do it once. But I'm not sure on this one.

In USM the autograph says "good luck" and says it's something you personally received

Unless our parent is a Kanto Gym Leader, or close enough friends with one where they'd wish us luck...

So for those of you who didn't already figure it out, your starter's gender is decided the very moment you first boot up the game, in the scene where the starter jumps into the TV, before you even choose a language, that's when you'll be able to look at the tail, so for those who want a specific gender, you have to go to the Switch save data and delete it to retry for a new gender, nature however is NOT decided, this is decided at the moment you enter into dialogue with Oak, so save before attempting to leave Pallet Town for specific natures!

So for those of you who didn't already figure it out, your starter's gender is decided the very moment you first boot up the game, in the scene where the starter jumps into the TV, before you even choose a language, that's when you'll be able to look at the tail, so for those who want a specific gender, you have to go to the Switch save data and delete it to retry for a new gender, nature however is NOT decided, this is decided at the moment you enter into dialogue with Oak, so save before attempting to leave Pallet Town for specific natures!
This is good to know. Thanks. I have to wait until after work to pick up my copy, but I've already decided on Male Pikachu and Female Eevee (on my boyfriend's copy.)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom