• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I’m more surprised that Game Freak didn’t give Mega Gyarados the Dragon-type and instead opted for a Dark-type.

It’s too bad they didn’t add new Megas to LGPE. This would have been the perfect time to revisit that opportunity.
I'm...surprisingly okay with Gyara not getting the Dragon type. Sure, it makes a lot of sense for it, but a case could be made that so does the Dark type, and, idk, I'm not offended that they went with the latter instead of the former.

If Gatr ever gets a Dragon subtype in some way, it could finally be the thing that sets the two Pokemon apart enough that they're not in each other's shadow.

I'm...surprisingly okay with Gyara not getting the Dragon type. Sure, it makes a lot of sense for it, but a case could be made that so does the Dark type, and, idk, I'm not offended that they went with the latter instead of the former.

If Gatr ever gets a Dragon subtype in some way, it could finally be the thing that sets the two Pokemon apart enough that they're not in each other's shadow.
I can see your point about giving Gyarados a Dark-type. Still, this begs the question of why the Mankey line lack a Dark-type as well since they seem to be just as violent as Gyarados.

LGPE is being ripped apart on Metacritic. I've looked at the user scores and I'm seeing a lot of 0/10s.
Somehow, I’m not surprised.

LGPE is being ripped apart on Metacritic. I've looked at the user scores and I'm seeing a lot of 0/100s.
I'm honestly not surprised really I never take users scores of those sites seriously always easily exploitable especially from the hate of the games since the beginning...not like that matters the sales will show how it truely did.

Last edited:
LGPE is being ripped apart on Metacritic. I've looked at the user scores and I'm seeing a lot of 0/10s.
I'm not surprised. The fandom at large made up their minds about these games as soon as the first trailer was revealed. I'll still enjoy the hell out of them.
I can see your point about giving Gyarados a Dark-type. Still, this begs the question of why the Mankey line lack a Dark-type as well since they seem to be just as violent as Gyarados.
That is actually a very good point. And it could've gotten around the issue of not having any native Kanto Dark Types way back in Gen II. Plus, they could've been the first Dark/Fighting types in the series instead of having to wait for the Scraggy line. And Plus plus, it would've given the Mankey line its own niche to set it apart from other Gen I/II Fighting Types, which is something Mankey desperately needed. The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering why they didn't do this.

Nothing spiteful about that at all.

The requirement to find Red just outside of the league building is defeating Blue 10 times. He is still silent, and his music is merely the regular trainer theme. Once he is defeated, he grants you his Battle Master title and leaves.

A far cry from the GSC battle, but that was inevitable.

Last edited:
Me: Oh my God there is a new Pokemon game, i can't wait to play it.
Game Freak: Also we got an Eevee for the starter Pokemon
Me: Vaporeon wait my darling, we will meet again
GF: No you can not evolve your starter Pokemom neither eevee or pikachu
Me: Okay i can get the one in Celedon Mansion
GF: No you can't because there isn't any Eevee there but you can catch it in the wild
Me: Fighting with a starter pokemon in the wild ? That's sound awasome
GF: No. No fighting with wild Pokemon just catching and there is no random encounters anymore
Me: Okay no problem. But i am so hyped for training my Cyndaquil on a SWITCH. Can you believe it ?
GF: No i can't, because there is no Cyndaquil or any other Pokemon except Kanto Pokemon and Alolan forms
Me: Okay, so i can use a Scizor to rock Sabrina and Lorelei
GF: No you can't. Even tho Scizor evolves from a Kanto Pokemon Scyther, it isn't in the game. Only the first 151 Pokemon and Alolan forms
Me: Okay, shadow bone Alolan Marowak will be pretty handy, where can i catch it ?
GF: Well, there isn't any shadow bone or dragon hammer or seed bomb or venoshock and many other moves (like about 450 of them) and you can't catch Alolan forms but you can transfer them from Pokemon Go
Me: I don't play Go but that's okay i can give thick club to Marowak and there will be no problem
GF: No you can't because there is no held items in the games no leftovers no focus sash no air baloon but you can still Mega Evolve your Pokemon
Me: OH MY GOD Mega Charizard Y and i will be the Champions thanks to Drought + Solar Beam combo
GF: No. You won't. Because there is no abilities in the game but Solar Beam is 200 power right now
Me: Okay i can spend one turn for set up Sunny Day
GF: No you can't cuz there is no weather moves in the game
Me: Okay, if a well-trained Pokemon has good EV and IV there will be no problem we can still be Champions
GF: No, there is no EVs or IVs in the game but we got AV for you
Me: Okay i can get used to AV mechanics. But you now what new games mean new Pokemon, tell me about it
GF: We got only 2 new Pokemon Meltan and Melmetan they are pure Steel type
Me: Sounds well, are these Pokemon important for the story ? What is their connections ?
GF: No, they are not you can easily transfer from Pokemon Go
Me: But i don't play Pokemon Go. Whatever. These games place in Kanto that means Mew will be there. How can we catch it ? Under a truck ? Maybe?
GF: No, you can't encounter Mew but you can pay $50.00 for it
Me: WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER GAME FREAK ?
GF: Pokemon following you
Me ( as Red) : ...

Edit:
Me: Tell me at least i can breed Pokemon for egg moves
GF (literally): Pokemon game isn't just hatching eggs

Last edited:

The requirement to find Red just outside of the league building is defeating Blue 10 times. He is still silent, and his music is merely the regular trainer theme. Once he is defeated, he grants you his Battle Master title and leaves.

It is spiteful. The games aren't perfect but they certainly don't deserve 0/10s. If people dislike something, they can be constructive about it.

It is spiteful. The games aren't perfect but they certainly don't deserve 0/10s. If people dislike something, they can be constructive about it.
It's only the worse of the fanbase that's reacting like this. It's one thing to just not like the game, you can just skip it in that case. But being being so passionately toxic at it or player that actually enjoy it is not going to make the games sell less. Some people will have to deal the fact not everybody even it's biggest fans don't put pokemon on as high of a pedestal and just enjoy the games for what they are. And if they can't deal? Well I'm not even sure if they should be playing pokemon anymore, cause it's going to continue.

Honestly, I plan to just relax with these games and not worry too much. In the main games, I'm constantly fretting about movesets, EV's, Natures, IV's, etc. Even for my in-game team (which tends to also be my competitive team if I can make it work.)

It's nice not to have to worry about any of that and just have fun with the games for once. Hence why I'm not bothered by the myriad of changes. I'm not taking this game too seriously, and that's a good thing.

Where'd you hear that? It seems tied to the Master Challenges

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drdqQrEYWt4

Battle is at the 3:33:33-ish mark

Honestly, I plan to just relax with these games and not worry too much. In the main games, I'm constantly fretting about movesets, EV's, Natures, IV's, etc. Even for my in-game team (which tends to also be my competitive team if I can make it work.)

It's nice not to have to worry about any of that and just have fun with the games for once. Hence why I'm not bothered by the myriad of changes. I'm not taking this game too seriously, and that's a good thing.
That's probably the best way to enjoy them. A simple return to form, back when everything was a lot simpler. If future games will be influenced by this. At least take away EVs and IVs, keep the following feature like forever, and I'll be more than happy

“A far cry from” feels like a severe understatement here. They took the laziest approach possible and managed to make it even lazier by cutting out his signature music.

Oh well. At least Green turned out somewhat decent.

“A far cry from” feels like a severe understatement here. They took the laziest approach possible and managed to make it even lazier by cutting out his signature music.

Oh well. At least Green turned out somewhat decent.
Except that's not even his music, it's the Johto Champion theme but for some reason people think it's Red's

The 0/10 scores are absolutely shameful. It's the "I don't like it, so neither should you" syndrome, and the sense that hardcore fans doing these reviews are supposedly 'entitled' over every other Pokemon player. I'm not sure many of them actually played the games either - Their opinions may have well been pre-decided from the information already known from them.

I consider these games a clean slate from the mainline series, and if I were to critique the games, I'd try not to let my opinions of previous Pokemon games get in my way. In other words, I would review the games on how good they are as games, regardless of what was added or removed.

Of course, I did notice most of the positive reviews from formal critics were blinded a lot by their nostalgia of Kanto when reviewing. I'm not sure that is a good way of reviewing the games as games either, as that is still the inner fan controlling how they feel about playing them.

Regardless, I noticed the majority of formal reviewers thought the new catching mechanic was much more fun than the previous one. Depending on if this feature has the same agreement in most of the fanbase, that would be a small success for future games. I always thought wild battles get rather stale and grindy in terms of gameplay.

Are the Starter Pikachu and Eevee tradeable, by the way? I assume they’re not, but I just want to confirm.

Where'd you hear that? It seems tied to the Master Challenges
I saw a Japanese tweet on 4chan and stupidly trusted it. Serebii says that the trigger is defeating 6 Master Trainers, which makes sense as that is a reasonable way of preparing for Red. Do you even get anything for defeating all 153?

@Knightwolf09 It may not be his signature music, but at least it is almost unique.

Except that's not even his music, it's the Johto Champion theme but for some reason people think it's Red's

“For some reason”? Is the reason not overwhelmingly obvious? It’s been used for Red just as much as it has been for Lance, and frankly, the Red battle in GSC is vastly more iconic, unique, and memorable than the Lance battle.

Yes, we could be pedantic and say “Aaaaactually it’s the JOHTO Champion theme,” but what does that matter when most of the fandom probably associates it with Red either just as much or more, and Game Freak have historically been perfectly willing to use it in both contexts?

Team Preview is finally optional! That's good!

Contrary to what I previously thought, there really are Legendary Pokémon Master Traines (they don't battle, and so they were not in the battle text file).

That is a bit annoying, since Mew is paid, the content is inaccessible for those who didn't buy the Poké Ball plus (of course, you can still get a Mew through trades, so that improve the situation a little, but I really didn't like it at all).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom