• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfirmed list confirmed

The Official Nintendo Magazine UK has confirmed several English names. Doryuzu is now Excadrill, Kurumiru is now Sewaddle, Mamanbou is now Alomomola, Insect Opposition is now Struggle Bug, and Drill Liner is now Drill Run.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfi

Guess that list is right then?

Re: Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfi

The list probably is real.

Anyway, two of these names are terrible. Excadrill sounds nice, though. :3

I don't understand where the name 'Sewaddle' comes from. Where's the pun in that?

Guess that list is right then?

Yeah, further confirmation is nice, I suppose, but most people believed the list anyway.

I really wish they hadn't changed Drill Liner. Drill Run just doesn't sound as awesome.

I assume the other names on the list are also right.

Well, I guess that confirms that list's content as true. Damn it.

I'm not liking the english names this time around. >:

I don't understand where the name 'Sewaddle' comes from. Where's the pun in that?
Sew + Swaddle.

Drill Run? Drill Liner does seem odd to me, but they could've altered it to Line Drill. As it is now, it's not making sense. Does the Pokémon run up to the target with a drill or something? 0_o

This pretty much confirms the leaked list of english names then. No further questions on that problem then yes?

Drill Liner is a much better name, has the TTGL feel to it.

Excadrill? I liked Doryuuzu better. I guess I'll get used to it come March or April.

I like the Klink line much better than the Japanese names.
I mean, klink, klang and klinklang have a much better metal 'ring' than gearu, gigigearu and gigigigigeargiu

The title is misleading! D8 Here I was hoping to see a full list, and it's not even 10 names! Why not change the title to "UK magazine reveals literally 5 new names" or something! OTL

Yeah, this just makes it even more obvious. The list is real.

Yay for Excadrill. That name's one of my favorite.

It was already confirmed with the IGN post.

You missed a few names

(I get that mag XD)

N = Stay Same
There's a Gothelle...
Mincciono... (Don't know Jap Names...)
Reunucuous
Castelia is a town, with a port
Professor Juniper
Bel is Bianca
Braviery
Axew

And thats it.

Struggle Bug made me smile, seeing how it sounds like "snuggle bug".

Well, time to send death threats to the localization team then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom