• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2

1527 A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1)
1528 A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1)
Those titles aren't too bad. After all, I like a good rhyme.
1529 Evolution by Fire!
*sigh* Was that really all they could think of?
1530 Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain!
1531 Caution: Icy Battle Conditions!
Those titles are actually pretty good as well.
1532 Clash of the Connoisseurs!
1533 Crisis at Ferroseed Research
1534 An Epic Defense Force!
Those three titles are OK as well, but I really don't get why the Pokewood episode is called that.
1535 Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1)
1536 Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2)
That was a pretty subtle pun, actually. I didn't get it until just now.

Wow! tcpi must have already dubbed up to best wishes 2 already, never knew they got the show this far in advance.

Wow! tcpi must have already dubbed up to best wishes 2 already, never knew they got the show this far in advance.
I think it is because they need to get the bit part voice actors to have a reasonable amount of content to dub in one session, so would be working on a big pile of episodes at once (we seem to get these titles in batches of ten now) to some extent, but then actually get the final voices for the main characters closer to the time of airing as they take longer. So while they would be dubbing parts fairly far in advance, the actual episodes might not be ready until a few weeks before airing.

The situation at the end of the first Black and White season with CITV airing episodes a few weeks before the US shows there's some buffer for the episodes, but I doubt Cartoon Network could actually close up the gap with Japan much more than it has been.

Yeah, the dub titles are probably finalised either before the script is written - or as it's being written (seeing as the episode titles are read out and thus, need to be part of the script). So there's nothing to suggest that there's a finished dub of every episode that has a title, but that's probably the batch of episodes they're dubbing (recording voices, sound mixing and (sadly) adding music for) at the moment. Nhjm probably has a source within DuArt.

It is hard to believe that they have announced the dub titles for the final gym battle, before the Japanese airing which is happening as I post

I think it's more of a "leak" rather than an official announcement...

July schedule (thanks to {$hadow} )

Pokémon BW: Rival Destinies
Jul 21 - 1523 - Search for the Clubultimate!
Jul 28 - 1524 - A Clubsplosion of Excitement!
Aug 04 - 1525 - Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!

Oh my god these are AWFUL puns. And I usually LOVE awful puns.

You are aware of these, right?

3rd batch has arrived, thanks to nhjm as always. Titles have also been confirmed by Elaine Pagano, an official Portugese Pokemon translator.

BW067: Cilan Takes Flight!
BW068: An Amazing Aerial Battle!
BW069: Climbing the Tower of Success!
BW070: The Clubsplosion Begins!
BW071: Search for the Clubultimate!
BW072: A Clubsplosion of Excitement!
BW073: Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!
BW074: Battling the Leaf Thieves!

PS: Donamite's dub name is "Clubsplosion".

Taa-daa... Here we have, another batch upto Homika :D

*thanks a billion to nhjm, as always*

1527 A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1)
1528 A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 2)
1529 Evolution by Fire!
1530 Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain!
1531 Caution: Icy Battle Conditions!
1532 Clash of the Connoisseurs!
1533 Crisis at Ferroseed Research
1534 An Epic Defense Force!
1535 Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1)
1536 Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2)

It is hard to believe that they have announced the dub titles for the final gym battle, before the Japanese airing which is happening as I post

I think it's more of a "leak" rather than an official announcement...

the last batch aren't officially announced but they came from a source who revealed the previous ones

the last batch aren't officially announced but they came from a source who revealed the previous ones

I never said we shouldn't trust it is real, just said it's a leak and not an official announcement - similarly to how, for example, we know about Genesect and of course it is real, but there's not an official announcement about it yet
The person I quoted seemed to be surprised that "they" (I assume the official sources) revealed the titles so soon, so I just explained they actually didn't and it was simply a leak that we weren't supposed to learn about as soon as we did

I never said we shouldn't trust it is real, just said it's a leak and not an official announcement - similarly to how, for example, we know about Genesect and of course it is real, but there's not an official announcement about it yet
The person I quoted seemed to be surprised that "they" (I assume the official sources) revealed the titles so soon, so I just explained they actually didn't and it was simply a leak that we weren't supposed to learn about as soon as we did

ooh well my bad

I received CN's August schedule today.

Aug 04 - 1525 - Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!
Aug 11 - 1526 - Battling the Leaf Thieves!
Aug 18 - 1527 - A Restoration Confrontation! Part 1
Aug 25 - 1528 - A Restoration Confrontation! Part 2
Sep 01 - 1529 - Evolution by Fire!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom