• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtwo Wi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtwo Wi-Fi ...

With the return of the Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo to two aspects of the franchise, the official Pokémon site has set up minisite to celebrate the Pokémon, which includes information on Next Destinies, a Wi-Fi Distribution, as well as wallpapers available for download and The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon available for streaming.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtw

I'm excited for the Wi-Fi distribution since I never managed to finish HG/SS.

Re: Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtw

One question: Does Electro Ball w/ Mewtwo's base 130 speed make it more powerful than Thunderbolt?

Yes Pokemon.com. The Mirage Special is far more deserving of recognition than Mewtwo Returns. Mewtwo Returns is not even listed in the "timeline".

Other than that little gripe, nostalgia suddenly hit me. Quite happy to see Mewtwo getting such recognition. Look forward to the event and the lol's I'll get from using that Mewtwo along Arceus in my next Black playthrough. xD

Aww... no special movie...

I got a Mewtwo with Psychobreak, Shadow Ball etc. Is this the same? I look forward to training this Mewtwo; I've never used one before. I'm also going to get the Mewtwo in the 1st generation game when I get that far. I look forward to that too. Mewtwo is more a favorite Pokemon in the anime. I haven't paid it much attention in the games.

This is the best news I’ve heard from The Pokémon Company International in absolutely ages, it’s great to see them acknowledging the mighty Pokémon that Mewtwo is.

The quality bit-rate wise of the entire The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon film they have available to watch for free worldwide is exceptional. Also the wallpaper is so going on my desktop straight away, a 1080p sized wallpaper of Ash, May, Misty, Mew & Mewtwo that’s the stuff of dreams!

Last edited:

Oh god horrible memories of 2006 are back.

It's about time Mewtwo got more love, he's still one of my favourite Pokemon to this day. I can't wait for February 12th, but I'll probably have to suffer many resets. I'm desperate to get one with great IVs and a Timid nature. No way am I letting such a special Pokemon go to waste.

Yes Pokemon.com. The Mirage Special is far more deserving of recognition than Mewtwo Returns. Mewtwo Returns is not even listed in the "timeline".

That's sad it's not even mentioned...
As for their choice of Mirage - I guess that they'd probably like to show Mewtwo Returns as they did in Japan (on Pokémon Smash) or the first movie... but these two belong to WB... I guess that could be the problem, it reminds me of how Australia gave Pokémon the best treatment DVDs-wise, they released all seasons, but the movies they only started with 8 and up, due to 1-3 being WB's and 4-7 being Miramax's... 8 was the first one completely in TPCi's hands (regardless of the fact it was still dubbed by 4Kids)

I wish they'd actually do somehing new with Mewtwo in the anime to coincide with this event, but as we all know from back when Japan got the event, it's not going to happen... (though I still believe at the chance of them doing a gen 1 remake and in that case, maybe that's when Mewtwo will appear again)

I love how nobody is mentioning this special makes the debut of the PUSA voices over 6 years ago.

Even funnier how this turned out to be Misty's final appearance in the anime.

I love how nobody is mentioning this special makes the debut of the PUSA voices over 6 years ago.

That's because people got over it 6 years ago. These who took it hard got over it 5 or 4 years ago.

Even funnier how this turned out to be Misty's final appearance in the anime.

Haha! So funny! Yeah... no

You must admit this special is infamous more for the voice actor change rather than the actual story. Also because this debuted in the US before Japan, so people will always associate it with the dub switch.

Also did we ever find out if this special was written by Americans? After all that's likely why Misty was in it and Prof. Oak suddenly owned a Dragonite.

You must admit this special is infamous more for the voice actor change rather than the actual story. Also because this debuted in the US before Japan, so people will always associate it with the dub switch.

As you can see, you're the one associating it with all these things the most... others just accepted things, moved on and see it as part of the anime, which it is, regardless of everything

Also did we ever find out if this special was written by Americans? After all that's likely why Misty was in it and Prof. Oak suddenly owned a Dragonite.

I don't think there's a clear and official answer, but it seems logical to me that it was influenced, maybe even heavily, by the US people, but still generally written and made by the same team of Japanese people who worked on the show previously

Oh, I thought this Mewtwo event was just released in Japan in commemoration of Pokemon Smash's 1st Anniversary. Since it made its way outside Japan, this brought my hopes up of this Mewtwo activating an event in a/in future main series Pokemon game/s. :)

Last edited:

Since it made its way outside Japan, this brought my hopes up of this Mewtwo activating an even in a/in future main series Pokemon game/s. :)
Unfortunately, I would have to say that's unlikely seeing as the next game will most likely be released a whole year after the Japanese Mewtwo distribution.

I already have the Mewtwo of my dreams. D8 I might nab this one for my sister, though, she loves having a lot of Event Pokemon.

(though I still believe at the chance of them doing a gen 1 remake and in that case, maybe that's when Mewtwo will appear again)

*coughFireRed&LeafGreencoughcoughcough*

oh my interweb throat is so sore today :p

Congrats, your wish has been granted! ~6yrs ago

-----------------

Anyway, even though i've already seen the movie before, im not one to deny a perfectly good quality and legal hurhurhur way to see it again :3
already nabbed myself a few of the backgrounds, though i can't seem to get to the tcg site cuz it won't connect to the server :/ meh.

Last edited:

(though I still believe at the chance of them doing a gen 1 remake and in that case, maybe that's when Mewtwo will appear again)

*coughFireRed&LeafGreencoughcoughcough*

oh my interweb throat is so sore today :p

Congrats, your wish has been granted! ~6yrs ago

I obviously meant a new gen 1 remake... and it's not exactly my "wise", but more something that I suspect might happen, rather than everyone's expected gen 3 remake
Gen 5 is simply full of references to the first gen, and with both games and anime featuring mainly the new Poké, I won't be surprised if they'll want to "reintroduce" the older Poké and think that the first gen is the best way to do it
I guess we'll have to wait and see... of course, I could be wrong and they will do a gen 3 remake (or both? XD ) or no remakes at all... there's no way to be sure until it happens, but that's my current speculation

Why on earth would they remake Gen 1 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom