• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtwo Wi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtw

Yay, finally a wifi distribution! :D

Will probably get it on my US White.

Re: Official Pokémon site promotes return of Mewtwo: Next Destinies advertised; Mewtw

Why on earth would they remake Gen 1 again?

If they use gen 1 again, hopefully they use another story, maybe Kantou some years later, and add some connection to Isshu.

If they use gen 1 again, hopefully they use another story, maybe Kantou some years later, and add some connection to Isshu.

And of course, add cross-gen pre/evos of the Kanto Pokemon in the dex.

... *facepalm* I just said why I think this way
You might love to repeat yourself, but I don't... so re-read my posts however times needed for you to understand it (and no, you don't have to agree with me about it, but it's just my current opinion/speculation)

That could be more interesting than yet another remake that is... just that, a remake and nothing more... but something tells me they won't bother

They aren't going to remake Kanto anytime soon... It's been in every Gen already except V... Hoenn looks to have a WAY higher chance of being remade since we can play Kanto already due to HG/SS you can't play Hoenn on the 3DS

I'll definitely be downloading this Mewtwo. ^^

As for the Mewtwo site on pokemon.com, well, the wallpapers are nice. But personally, I couldn't care less about the Mastermind special. Although, it's nice they did that, so people who haven't seen the 10th anniversary special can actually see it.

However, I'm very disappointed in TPCi for not even mentioning Mewtwo Returns. :-(
I mean, how could they forget Mewtwo Returns? Brock's best line ever is from that awesome special!
Brock: "I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan...as a drying pan!"

I've not been following the series for 6 months, so can someone update me what 2 aspects of the series, Mewtwo is returning to? :)

Also, is the Wi-Fi distribution been & gone? Finally, will the UK get it?

Thanks!

I've not been following the series for 6 months, so can someone update me what 2 aspects of the series, Mewtwo is returning to? :)
Games and TCG. I've added it to the article, because it could easily be assumed to be anime.

Also, is the Wi-Fi distribution been & gone?
Nope, starts February 12.

Finally, will the UK get it?

Thanks!
No location is mentioned, but the UK version of Pokémon.com made no such report of an event Mewtwo, so it is unlikely, or at least will be distributed at a different time.
EDIT: Nintendo UK issued a press release about it, so it is confirmed for UK.

Last edited:

Since it made its way outside Japan, this brought my hopes up of this Mewtwo activating an even in a/in future main series Pokemon game/s. :)
Unfortunately, I would have to say that's unlikely seeing as the next game will most likely be released a whole year after the Japanese Mewtwo distribution.

I still see a remote possibility that this event Mewtwo is foreshadowing a big role for the species of Pokemon in an upcoming game. The focus given to it on Pokemon Smash in Japan and its prominence in the latest TCG set (alongside Kyurem, of all Pokemon) was really peculiar, and the branches of TPCi outside of Japan have also hyped Mewtwo recently in an effort to celebrate its popularity - of course with the Wi-Fi event being the main motive for its advertisement.

Why Mewtwo though? Now of all times? The 5th Generation gave it a powerful new signature move when few other old Pokemon have been granted improved movepools, and significant parallels can be drawn between it and Genesect. Add to all of this the sudden resurrection of Giovanni's character in the anime, who of course had strong ties to the anime incarnation of Mewtwo in the past.

Like you have said, the event Mewtwo will be very unlikely to be consequential in unlocking material in a future game, but perhaps the reason that it is being made obtainable so long before the next main game is that another Mewtwo will be catchable in said game with the event Pokemon merely being used to remind the fanbase of its existence and backstory ahead of its next appearance. All of this is obviously baseless speculation, but given the blatant focus given to it in recent times, I don't think that we can completely dismiss Mewtwo factoring in Game Freak's immediate plans just yet.

Games and TCG. I've added it to the article, because it could easily be assumed to be anime.

Also, is the Wi-Fi distribution been & gone?
Nope, starts February 12.

Finally, will the UK get it?

Thanks!
No location is mentioned, but the UK version of Pokémon.com made no such report of an event Mewtwo, so it is unlikely, or at least will be distributed at a different time.
EDIT: Nintendo UK issued a press release about it, so it is confirmed for UK.

Thank you! I'll be sure to check Wifi on the 12th :)

Mewtwo is a great pokemon to have on a team and I bet this is leading up to a special episode or something.

Oooo they started the wifi distribution a day early! I just got my Mewtwo. =3=

"MEW received a Mewtwo!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom