• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Official Pokemon Sword and Shield Questions Form

What would you want for Sword and Shield

• Total voters

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Since the upset from E3, Pokemon and Nintendo have decided to give you a chance to post your concerns and thoughts Sword and Shield via the official Japanese Pokemon website (translation required).

第一回『ポケモン ソード・シールド』アンケート | ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト

There is also one from Nintendo of Europe, only that has an age restriction compared to the Japanese one.

You can add any note to what you would like for the new games, for example, I've asked then if they could bring back old characters such as Cynthia to Sword and Shield.

They would also appreciate it if you try NOT to use harsh language when writing to them if you be so kind?

Thank you.

Thanks for the link. Made a submission as well.

My feedback point was around being able to have all Pokémon in Sword and Shield. Too late to change anything I’m sure, but at least can provide feedback to them in a format they will probably pay more attention to than having a whine online.

I’ll reiterate Cynthia’s point, be nice.

Cast vote for: Other

(Funfest Missions)

My votes are as follows:
  1. All Pokemon/National Pokedex
  2. Battle Frontier in Post-Game
  3. Better Post-Game
  4. Other

In regards to the “other” category, these would be my picks:
  • Mini games: The one game pair I expected to have them due to the casual appeal (LGPE) was completely devoid of them except for one GO Park transfer exclusive that could barely be counted as such. It’s one of the things that turned me off from Let’s Go. I mean, Game Freak had a Celadon Arcade in place of the old Game Corner, and they just made it cheap flavor text references to other games instead. Where’s my Wack-A-Diglett? Game Freak better have some fun mini-games in SwSh to make up for this.
  • Side activities: Whether it involves a simple activity like Johto’s Bug Catching Contests or Hoenn’s (Super) Secret Bases or something more elaborate akin to Pokémon Contests or Pokéathlon, this is something Game Freak has been cheapening out on these past two generations. The only reason we got Contests back in ORAS was because it was originally present in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire versions, not because they wanted to extend the playtime (though Super Secret Bases was something they seemed enthusiastic about). I feel like it’s more important for fleshing out Galar as a region than Giant Pokémon.
  • A guild feature like the one @Silktree suggested awhile back, where you can make and fulfill requests for various NPCs and other players through side quests.

Won't ask for BF we aren't getting that back. But what I can see is a better post game and hopefully bringing back the best form of player communication they had: the PSS or create something in a similar vein but in a new name. Also DexNav. A breeder's best friend.

I would ask for a better main campaign with brilliant story writing quality and plenty of things to do. Anything they can do to improve the post-game, they should focus that energy to improve the main part of the game. The main campaign should be the selling point with the post-game as an extra, not the other way around.

Question 9 in the Japanese survey is about stuff you'd like to hear about regarding SwSh. As in, not what you see added out of the blue, but what could convince you to buy the game if announced soon. For example, "I want to hear about the post-game" is more legitimate than "I want a Battle Frontier," but I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention the latter, anyway.

brilliant story writing quality
Not in this franchise.

Picked "All Pokemon/National Pokedex" and "Better Postgame" since they need to break away from removing stuff in general and also move away from barren post-games.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom