• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
  • Staff
With a new generation announcement comes a fresh new thread. Please discuss and speculate on the newly announced Gen 8 games here.
-
Note:
  • We'd rather you not post links to 4chan or its archives so we're not sending users to sites that clash with our policies. Screenshots are okay, assuming the content aligns with our rules and standards. Screenshots or imgur links are fine.
  • Please remember to keep larger images under spoiler tags for people with slower connections.
  • If possible, please summarize videos you post. This is more for the convenience of people on slower connections, as well as anyone not wanting to sift through clickbait or irrelevant information.

Last edited:

9tiefly

Reaction score
Some thought:
Proceding with moderate excitement. Everything looks beautiful, aaaaaaah, I'm happy. A bit worried by the linearity of the map and the apparent lack of diversity in ecosystems, though. The logos are terrible... And why remove such a loved feature like the Pokémon following you? I'll be livid if they remove Amie too... But I'm glad they removed the overworld encounters, I hated it. It's sad to see how the ingame models take so much personality away from the Pokémon... At first I wasn't feeling the starters that much (but to be fair, I almost never pick them either way) but the official art is so adorable!!! Also a bit concerned with the legendaries situation. Making them based off of Romulus and Remulus would be really cool, like someone suggested!

My prediction for the starters' final typings:
Fire/electric for the rabit (the wording on the vídeo implied it, imo)
Grass/fighting or grass/ground for the monkey (or grass/fairy, the stick could be like a magic wand because it made the grass grow)
Water/psychic for the lizard (the whole camouflage/Messing with your perception thing)

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
so what do we think of the building on the right:

Fully-scaled complex with multiple rooms, or a box with a glorified exterior just like SM's buildings?

Negativity aside for a moment, I do think the region map looks fun

Joker901

Reaction score
Some thought:
Proceding with moderate excitement. Everything looks beautiful, aaaaaaah, I'm happy. A bit worried by the linearity of the map and the apparent lack of diversity in ecosystems, though. The logos are terrible... And why remove such a loved feature like the Pokémon following you? I'll be livid if they remove Amie too... But I'm glad they removed the overworld encounters, I hated it. It's sad to see how the ingame models take so much personality away from the Pokémon... At first I wasn't feeling the starters that much (but to be fair, I almost never pick them either way) but the official art is so adorable!!! Also a bit concerned with the legendaries situation. Making them based off of Romulus and Remulus would be really cool, like someone suggested!

Grass/fighting or grass/ground for the monkey (or grass/fairy, the stick could be like a magic wand because it made the grass grow)
Water/psychic for the lizard (the whole camouflage/Messing with your perception thing)
Delphox passed the baton...litterally XD

bulbasaur99

Waiting to bloom
Reaction score
Armored Butterfree and Armored Flygon i am %100 sure gamefreak will do that (!)

Ambrose7

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
Some thought:

I was slightly apprehensive about the starters too but the 2D artwork changed that. Now I love Scorbunny and Sobble. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.