• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to join the crowd of people who want to be surprised of what's in the games and thus bow out of this section of the forum. Not because I sincerely want to be surprised, but because keeping up with this thread is a complete and total nightmare.

I was pleasantly amused at Nintendo's now deleted tweet about "gym masters", I definitely think the gyms will be different than in previous games.

Last edited:
It’s worth mentioning that the website for M22 includes a switch trademark at the bottom of the page, indicating there will probably be some form of promotion for gen 8
For one thing, LGPE are Switch games and the distributions will most likely involve them. But Armored Mewtwo has a good chance of being a thing in the new games even if it's just a one-off anime tie-in.

Even if Armored Mewtwo will appear in the games, the demo might not even let you catch Pokemon, so it will serve more as boss in the demo than anything. Or the chance of Armored Mewtwo having a chance to be caught and be transferable, I doubt that players would have the ability of transferring Mewtwo from the start, Game Freak isn't that crazy to just let players have a legendary right at the beginning of their journey.

Even if Armored Mewtwo will appear in the games, the demo might not even let you catch Pokemon, so it will serve more as boss in the demo than anything. Or the chance of Armored Mewtwo having a chance to be caught and be transferable, I doubt that players would have the ability of transferring Mewtwo from the start, Game Freak isn't that crazy to just let players have a legendary right at the beginning of their journey.
....I have three pokemon at the start of my journey in Moon and two are legendaries. XD

Besides, with legendaries' typical starting level, they're useless at the start of your journey because they won't listen worth a damn. You could obtain Mewtwo in the demo and transfer it, but it'll probably be a box ornament for awhile anyway until your level is high enough that it actually cares what you tell it to do.

"Masters" probably refers to them all collectively rather than a Tate & Liza or Iris & Drayden situation where you had more than one Gym Leader. Pretty sure they've referred to Gym "Leaders" in the same sense as well.

Didn't the last demo let you cakewalk everything with Greninja? I doubt GF cares all that much about letting players have access to something so powerful so long as it gets advertised to players. Rule of cool wins out every time.

They strongly encouraged catching Victini early on in BW, and trading Meloetta and Keldeo to B2W2 ("have Keldeo defeat Kyurem just like in the movie!"). They were low-leveled, though.
There was also a North American Genesect event that started the day BW2 was released. It was Level 15.

View attachment 116599

Very good artist imo, they should get hired to design future Pokemon.
crying I want these to be real so badly... that is totally electric on that bunny... but even if it were Fire/Fighting I wouldn't care. It's.. it's so damn cool... hugs it I WANT YOU TO BE REAL SO BADDDD.

Sobble's looks pretty boss too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom