• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a friggin screenshot in case you guys edit/delete that post.

And again, I'm trying to ask, about, that, co-worker.

If he didn't wrote that he had a co-worker at Nintendo, then who did?

I was merely asking about his co-worker. And in my hinted questions, he just talks about other leaks and bring those leaks down. See where I'm getting at?

Almost. I want to give him a chance. But I ended up replying to you before his response. I had to decide "Should I just wait for KnightWold to reply" or "should I respond to TechSkylander1518."

He got it from 4Chan? He did not say that. He said:

"A coworker managed to get this for me, a list of some of the new Pokemon with names and typing."

It's on page 167: SPOILERS - Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated Feb 28th, 2019)
Oh my god

He put quotation marks because it’s not him.

We’re not allowed to post 4chan links so he had to copy paste the text.

Lots of people here do that.

Corocoro: There will be exciting news in April!

A month passes

Corocoro: Here’s the boxart without the legendaries!

CoroCoro: Reuses the same unfunny joke from three years ago about spies capturing exposed pictures of the boxart so all we get are vague rectangles and various posts about how "people can see something" in the lensflare.

That's how you interpreted my post?

I guess I was not obvious enough. I was trying to ask about his leak.

SodiumChloride's leak was an image so I knew he didn't create the leak.

But KnightWolf's was a post he typed about his co-worker.

And so far, he is not answering if his co-worker is from Nintendo.

So while it did not look like I was asking a question in my 1st post, I had to re-clarify that later in case some were a little slow.

And I'll admit. He made his post minutes after SodiumChloride's post and commented, and with the timing, unless it was just a coincidence, I felt like as if he made it just to counter that, but that's fine, a lot of you believe in coincidences.

Yup. That's what I've been doing.

And while you are right that his leak contradicted leak A, it wasn't the only true thing. Other factors were around too, like the whole usage of "Generation 7" or "Generation 8." Since when does Game Freak or Nintendo use those terminology? The Bulbapedia articles say those terms are fanmade in the article names, Generation_VII and so forth.

Yes, he said "Maybe?" He sounded sarcarstic too.

True.

But are you going to address the things we actually disagree with?
he had his rumor in quotes chill kid you're acting like a rumor that he brought to us is the end of the world because he doesn't know all the details about A RUMOR THAT ISN'T HIS. You're going way overboard

WarpedMenacingGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

I'm sorry for having a laugh at someone else's expense, but this is far too amusing. Many people in this thread have not only copy & pasted about rumor's and their supposed co-workers from 4channy, but have even said the same themselves in obvious mockery and JEST.

There just has to be that one person who takes it all seriously. If anyone on this forum had those kinda contacts, I'd expect it to be Admins or something. For someone who claims to be on the net for nearly 2 decades, you still can't read between the lines all to well. Maybe another 19 years is needed.

::Anime Starter pattern::

Theme: Ash, two Gym Leaders

Gen 2:
(Ash's)
Chikorita-Bayleef
Cyndaquil
Totodile

Gen 5:
(Ash's)
Snivy
Tepig-Pignite
Oshowatt

In this diagram when comparing Johto and Unova, Ash catches all three starters and is teamed up with two Gym Leaders. Evolution are both similar, but whilst in Johto his Grass Starter evolves, in Unova his Fire Type evolves. This pattern was made to mirror the past Gen 2 remake.

---

Theme: Ash, Female Trainer, Gym Leader and Younger Sibling.

Gen 3:
(Ash) Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile
(May) Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
(Brock) Mudkip-Marshtomps

Gen 6:
(Clemont) Chespin
(Serena) Fennekin-Braixon
(Ash) Froakie-Frogadier-Greninja

Both Hoenn and Kalos had Ash journeying with the Region's Female Player, Gym Leader and little sibling. This pattern was made for Gen 6 to correlate with the Gen 3 Remake. Both Female Players have a Fire Type Starter, whilst Ash would have one whilst the Gym Leader have the other. Grass and Water were swapped around in comparison of the two, and whilst Clemont's Chespin doesn't evolve compared with Brock's Marshtomps, and Serena's Braixon compared with May's Blaziken, Ash's Sceptile and Greninja both fully evolve.

---

Theme: Ash, Female Trainer and Gym Leader

Gen 4:
(Ash's)
Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra
Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape
(Dawn) Piplup

---

Theme: Ash, five classmates, and later two Gym Leaders

Gen 7:
(Ash's)
Rowlit
Litten-Torracat
(Lana) Popleo

I cannot see the comparison between Gen 4 and Gen 7 Trainer-wise. The only thing I can see being similar are the Pokemon. But unlike Gen 4 where both Starter Pokemon fully evolved, only Litten has evolved into Torracat. Piplup and Popleo both stayed the same, but yet handled by two different trainers. Whilst Dawn is the Female Pokemon Player, Lana is a Trial Captain of Water Types. It especially doesn't help when Misty and Brock returned to Ash once more. This is the mirror specifically towards the Gen 1 Let's Go remake.

---

If Gen 8 is going to have anything in the anime, it's this...

Theme: Ash, Female Trainer and Gym Leader

Gen 4:
(Shield) Grookey
(Ash's)
Scorbunny
Sobble

By looking at the themes in past anime, especially with Gen 3 and Gen 6's pattern, I can clearly see that if Gen 4 is going to have a remake made, possibly for next year, then wouldn't it make any sense to use the same theme to Gen 4 for Gen 8? The only difference is if we flip they starters around, where to counter Dawn's Piplup, then Shield could have a Grookey. Ash would then have a Scorbunny, and then later a Sobble from an abusive trainer like Paul. Or the roles might be flipped the other-way around, this is all just speculation at this point.

There is no set pattern to how many starters Ash should have, I'm only looking at what this might correlate to.

I did some digging towards what the Gen 8 Anime could be like if the Gen 4 Remake is on the horizen. Basing it all on what Gen 6 did when reflecting towards the Gen 3 Remake, I made a guess of which characters could have which Pokemon. Seeing that Dawn has a Water Starter, why not Shield with a Grass Type, whilst Ash would get Scorbunny and later on Sobble from an abusive Trainer. It maybe a stretch, that's all part of discussing possibilities isn't it?

If you guy knew I didn't know about the "

I bet you guys aren't going point that out from the start. Hell no you guys aren't.

Regarding 4Chan, is 4Chan the only possible media? Couldn't there be other sources? If " is mean 4Chan, then is there ' or ''' or '''' to symbolize other companies?

I'll give you guys an example.

A user talks about color-blind. He thinks color-blind means can only see black/white/gray. But to everyone else, color-blind means red-green colorblind. (Because the largest form of color-blind is red-green colorblind, 8% of males.). So pages and pages of conversations of arguments about color-blind, until the forum members finally openly point out that "color-blind" doesn't meant "black/white/gray" but only "red-green colorblind." Pages and pages of conversations wasted.

So this goes back to my question.

" automatically signifies only 4Chan right? Nobody else?

Also about the bug/dragon possible fakemon. I actually really enjoy the design and hold out some hope because the game is most definitely not finished so they might not have the shading on some Pokemon right nor the arena where they battle in the cave. I do get the points on the other side that it could be easily made within a week, I guess we'll have to see.

I bet you guys aren't going point that out from the start. Hell no you guys aren't.

Regarding 4Chan, is 4Chan the only possible media? Couldn't there be other sources? If " is mean 4Chan, then is there ' or ''' or '''' to symbolize other companies?

A user talks about color-blind. He thinks color-blind means can only see black/white/gray. But to everyone else, color-blind means red-green colorblind. (Because the largest form of color-blind is red-green colorblind, 8% of males.). So pages and pages of conversations of arguments about color-blind, until the forum members finally openly point out that "color-blind" doesn't meant "black/white/gray" but only "red-green colorblind." Pages and pages of conversations wasted.

People kept telling you that it was quoted, though. And why does it matter whether " means 4chan? " means that the text was quoted regardless of where it came from, so no matter what you were barking up the wrong tree.

The " automatically signifies that it wasn't his words, and that he was quoting someone else. That is a universally agreed-upon meaning for quotation marks. The point isn't that he was quoting 4Chan specifically, it was that he was quoting someone else, and that the claim that someone had a coworker at Nintendo was not his own words.

He even said this outright.
It's pretty much that. Since I can't post links to the rumor itself I copy and paste from it instead, but put it in quotations to let people know I didn't make it.

There just has to be that one person who takes it all seriously. If anyone on this forum had those kinda contacts, I'd expect it to be Admins or something. For someone who claims to be on the net for nearly 2 decades, you still can't read between the lines all to well. Maybe another 19 years is needed.
Yep.

And speaking of which. I am permanently banned on SPP forum. Is the Archaic admin in this forum, the same as the Archaic admin in that forum?

Yea I been an "outsider looking in" my whole life. In real life, I'm a White guy living in Hispanic neighborhoods trying to learn about street gangs and their terminology and all that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom