• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guy knew I didn't know about the "

I bet you guys aren't going point that out from the start. Hell no you guys aren't.

Regarding 4Chan, is 4Chan the only possible media? Couldn't there be other sources? If " is mean 4Chan, then is there ' or ''' or '''' to symbolize other companies?

I'll give you guys an example.

A user talks about color-blind. He thinks color-blind means can only see black/white/gray. But to everyone else, color-blind means red-green colorblind. (Because the largest form of color-blind is red-green colorblind, 8% of males.). So pages and pages of conversations of arguments about color-blind, until the forum members finally openly point out that "color-blind" doesn't meant "black/white/gray" but only "red-green colorblind." Pages and pages of conversations wasted.

So this goes back to my question.

" automatically signifies only 4Chan right? Nobody else?
I don't see why a quote would only signify 4chan, it seems like it would be for more an in general thing that people use to copy paste stuff that isn't their work/rumor/whatever.

Yea I been an "outsider looking in" my whole life. In real life, I'm a White guy living in Hispanic neighborhoods trying to learn about street gangs and their terminology and all that too.

If that goes about as well as this is going then you're in deep trouble mate. Can't tell you about Archaic, I dunno their digital footprint.

Why can't you simply understand the dude quoted another rumor, claiming in said rumor that they knew such & such co-workers? (Common occurrence in online Nintendo rumors) People say 4channy all the time bc that is where the majority of rumors come from. Just let it be. If you're somewhat smart, let those gangs be as well.

Last edited:
Why can't you simply understand the dude quoted another rumor, claiming in said rumor that they knew such & such co-workers? (Common occurrence in online Nintendo rumors) People say 4channy all the time bc that is where the majority of rumors come from. Just let it be. If you're somewhat smart, let those gangs be as well.
It's not even worth me to reply to this right. I know now what the " means. Can't say it's universal, even across other Pokemon forums. But yet people here mentioned the 4Chan before mentioning the " so. That goes to show how helpful people wanna be.

-

I can't think of any terminology right now where even a certain acronym means 1 thing to 1 community but something else to another community.

But when I was in college, I was a chemistry major and computer science minor. The only example I can think of is, to chemistry majors, OOP = out-of-plane bending, and to computer science majors, OOP = object oriented programming. ;D

It's not even worth me to reply to this right. I know now what the " means. Can't say it's universal, even across other Pokemon forums. But yet people here mentioned the 4Chan before mentioning the " so. That goes to show how helpful people wanna be.

-

I can't think of any terminology right now where even a certain acronym means 1 thing to 1 community but something else to another community.

But when I was in college, I was a chemistry major and computer science minor. The only example I can think of is, to chemistry majors, OOP = out-of-plane bending, and to computer science majors, OOP = object oriented programming. ;D
Were you really unaware of what quotation marks meant before now? Because it really only has one purpose when framing a block of text.

Do you think its possible Corocoro may give us anything new or word we may get news next month or something ?
Or are we likely to get the usual once a month trailers from now until launch ?

Do you think its possible Corocoro may give us anything new or word we may get news next month or something ?
I think it's possible that we might get something new... probably something relatively minor, though.

They might tease something for next month, but for now they just gonna cover everything the first trailer had.

What would screenshotting the post do for you? The screenshot still had the quotation marks. People told you, several times, that he was quoting someone else, and that was why he used quotation marks.
But in the screenshot, it didn't show that he was quoting another post, or screenshotting an image. It simply had a " in it. Certainly not a "This is what I found from 4Chan" or so.

People will only explain what they said after the fact.

Yes, people use arguments that are only meaningful to themselves (most of the time).

I've seen many Christian vs. atheist arguments on the Internet. Most of the times, Christians use arguments that are meaningful to Christians, and atheists use arguments that are meaningful to atheists. These arguments don't lead anywhere. Only when Christians start using arguments that are meaningful to atheists and vice versa, can the arguments actually go somewhere.

Do people do this on purpose, or do it because they are stupid?

For some people, it's the 1st, and for others, it's the 2nd.

But I'll give TechSkylander1518 an example.

TechSkylander1518 this example is for you.

I'm walking in a gang hood (I'll use myself as an example instead of you). I'm wearing offensive gang colors. There's always going to be a group of gangs who.

-They can see you're not a rival gang member, and so they ignore you despite wearing the wrong colors. So they don't say anything.
-And of course there's going to be the type that know you're not a member, they'll tell you you're wearing the wrong colors. But they'll tell you that after they beat you up, not before.
-And there's always going to be a smaller % that know you're not in a gang, and actually warn you that you're wearing offensive clothings.

Yes, humans really are divided like that.
How is this have to do with rumors and leaks thread?

Literally what the fuck.

CoroCoro isn't really the mouthpiece for new information anymore now that we have YouTube, so it's really unlikely.

It was still relevant during SM news cycle, revealing stuff like Mimikyu or Bewear. It maybe doesn't have the relevance it had years ago, but Corocoro still is an important Pokémon news media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom