• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People (4 channels...) are saying that the chinese riddler confirmed the bug/dragon as part of an evo line, and also supposedly did this:

I want to repeat, there is no clear evidence whether it was actually him or not. Even if it was, it doesn't prove the rumor with validity.

Didnt we learn not long ago that the Chinese Riddler doesnt do that anymore or something. People mistranslated a troll post from someone else and thought it was him and he came out and corrected everyone.

Sooooo... I haven't been on this thread for an hour or two and when I noticed 10+ pages of unread posts I thought something big was revealed.
Well, now that I've finally caught up, I guess something big was indeed revealed: that quotation marks are actually used to mark the beginning and ending of a quote. Never would have guessed.

Shall we call crobatair?

Is that someone who can make sense of the image or has connections? I've heard their name in this thread before, but am not too familiar with them.

Didnt we learn not long ago that the Chinese Riddler doesnt do that anymore or something. People mistranslated a troll post from someone else and thought it was him and he came out and corrected everyone.

Could be an imitator, or someone else with info. I'm honestly not sold on the Metal Snake & Horse, but at least this is one of the more interesting rumors.

People (4 channels...) are saying that the chinese riddler confirmed the bug/dragon as part of an evo line, and also supposedly did this:

I want to repeat, there is no clear evidence whether it was actually him or not. Even if it was, it doesn't prove the rumor with validity.
Well the images posted by KenzeyEevee on all the Kalos stories and Galaran forms for Johto, said there will be a trailer this Wednesday. Guess we'll find out this Wednesday if they falsify: specifically on the cat and spider.

The leak SodiumChloride posted said around 110 pokemon, and this 1 you posted counted 96. But other than the numbering, they seem more consistent with each other.

Sigh, and people still are still messing up with the starters. Oh look, Grookey evolves into Sun Wukong. Like nobody's said that before even though we already have Infernape. Not even sure how that woman even related to Scorbunny. And look another dragon Sobble. Oh but that's not all, look, a wooden horse and metal snake. That sounds very familiar.

The line up is really impressive, if you ask me. no dolphin hurts my soul.
if it's real, of course.

This might be one of the most boring, circular discussion I ever saw here. Nice job, guys!

I don't about that. There is some charm in seeing a group rational, sentient life-forms having a discussion that's the equivalent of a dog chasing its own tail. It feels like it could be a metaphor for something.

Sigh, and people still are still messing up with the starters. Oh look, Grookey evolves into Sun Wukong. Like nobody's said that before even though we already have Infernape. Not even sure how that woman even related to Scorbunny. And look another dragon Sobble. Oh but that's not all, look, a wooden horse and metal snake. That sounds very familiar.
From wikipedia:
"The moon rabbit in folklore is a rabbit that lives on the Moon, based on pareidolia that identifies the markings of the Moon as a rabbit. The folklore originated in China, and then spread to other Asian cultures.[1] In East Asian folklore, it is seen pounding with a mortar and pestle, but the contents of the mortar differ among Chinese, Japanese, and Korean folklore. In Chinese folklore, it is often portrayed as a companion of the Moon goddess Chang'e, constantly pounding the elixir of life for her; but in Japanese and Korean versions, it is pounding the ingredients for rice cake. In some Chinese versions, the rabbit pounds medicine for the mortals."

Wasn't this in a leak about the starter evos? I think I remember seeing it on twitter.

Oh I already know about the moon rabbit thing, I mean does that that relate to scorbunny as a character? His obvious trait is he loves running, and he looks athletic. What's that got to do with the moon rabbit myth, even slightly?

Hamster Pokemon, Unicorn Pokemon, more tiger Pokemon! Yes please. Real or unreal, I want this.

Edit: It also looks like there are 96 slots here, so 96 new Pokemon, if this turns out to be true, that would be awesome. I'm skeptical because, well you gotta be skeptical in this line of business. But if it is from the Chinese Riddler from before, it is very much worth looking into more.

Last edited:

Hm, and Ice Dragon pseudo legendary and a giant snowman Pokémon that looks like Marshmallow from Frozen? I can get behind this! But no dolphin? Again? Why Gamefreak, why?

Has the Chinese Riddler been wrong about something in the previous generation?

If Scorbunny evolves into Fire/Fairy that'd be kinda sweet, no 4x weakness with Fire/Steel.

This 1 has both a wooden horse and a fairy unicorn, nice.

I'm not liking the Dragon-3 line near the end, looks like an Ice Dragon no thanks, just a weaker Kyurem.

Edit: looks like no electric pokemon, other than the clocks.

Youll be wanting crobatair, they are one of the only people in this forum who knows the Chinese community well. They will be able to tell us if its from the Chinese riddler or a imitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom