• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel my olymipcs theory will never be acknowledged, especially compared to the sports and entertainment theories. And that saddens me

Actually it’s important for a starter to look like a primary Fire/Grass/Water Type, since actually.... that’s like...the whole point of a starter.

Only reason it doesn't look like a primary Fire type is because it lacks much of of the coloring Fire types tend to have.

I think in general it would be great if starter Pokemon started having unique color schemes, instead of more or less the same every gen.

Only reason it doesn't look like a primary Fire type is because it lacks much of of the coloring Fire types tend to have.

I think in general it would be great if starter Pokemon started having unique color schemes, instead of more or less the same every gen.

Starters won’t lose their colour schemes because marketing, explaining type matchups and appealing to everyone is their task.
Fire=red/orange, water=blue is easier to grasp for someone new to Pokémon.

A different colour while maintaining flames and orange parts is possible, though, like Infernape and Typhlosion.

Teaser trailers are likely going to be more prevalent and matter a lot more than CoroCoro scans. Granted, CoroCoro may reveal small details here and there, but it'll probably largely be what we've seen in the trailers.

If SM trailers are of any indication though, we're probably in for a news drought for a while since there was radio silence on anything until like... May.

If SM trailers are of any indication though, we're probably in for a news drought for a while since there was radio silence on anything until like... May.
i think it's hard to tell. SM's first trailer was literally an announcement that the game existed and then we later got a small snippet of the region and the starters. SS's gave the announcement of the game, region, and starters. that short-lived tweet is curious and makes me wonder if we'll get something earlier than we expect.

I wanna wait and see if we get announcements for a direct either tonight or tomorrow for Wednesday. If not then we can wipe off the two rumors about the 13th.

Regional birds are boring though...That's probably the next new Pokemon to be announced.

I feel my olymipcs theory will never be acknowledged, especially compared to the sports and entertainment theories. And that saddens me
Not sure the specifics of your idea, but I've also brought up an Olympics-specific theme when the starters were revealed. To me it fits perfectly with the Olympics being in Tokyo next year (with Pokémon being a Japanese export). I abandoned the idea when I decided Grookey would likely go a musical route instead of a sports one... Even though it could be some strange combo of both?

Not sure the specifics of your idea, but I've also brought up an Olympics-specific theme when the starters were revealed. To me it fits perfectly with the Olympics being in Tokyo next year (with Pokémon being a Japanese export). I abandoned the idea when I decided Grookey would likely go a musical route instead of a sports one... Even though it could be some strange combo of both?
Actually drum performances were played during the Beijing olympics. And I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a taiko drum performance in tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom