• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally want them to slow down on the news releases, or at least space them out a little bit. However, instead of dropping trailers at random, I think TPCi should let us know ahead of time when each announcement is going to be made.

Not sure the specifics of your idea, but I've also brought up an Olympics-specific theme when the starters were revealed. To me it fits perfectly with the Olympics being in Tokyo next year (with Pokémon being a Japanese export). I abandoned the idea when I decided Grookey would likely go a musical route instead of a sports one... Even though it could be some strange combo of both?
Is there any music-based sports, or sports that are heavily associated with rhythm? If so, Grookey could go down that route.

I wanna wait and see if we get announcements for a direct either tonight or tomorrow for Wednesday. If not then we can wipe off the two rumors about the 13th.
I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but during the period of pre-SM trailers, I think the trailers just simply dropped, instead of being in a Direct. We might have had some sort of warning beforehand (I wasn't actually on Twitter during the time, so they may have had announcements there for all I know), but I remember it more of, "6am time for Pokemon news" and everyone had gotten to a point that they were dropping news so often that it came to be expected. But yes, if we don't get any sort of news on the 13th, we can get rid of some of those rumors.

I don't think we are going to be in a News Drought till May this time around. While it is still entirely possible, we did get quite a bit more in the SwSh reveal trailer than we got in SM. They might be ready to show us stuff earlier this time around. And after that deleted tweet from Nintendo of America, I think it's entirely possible we get something soon.

That being said, I don't we get the overabundance of news that we got in SM, for SwSh. I think quite a few can agree with me here that while it was so awesome having all this new news to go over, having nearly the entire dex spoiled was a bit depressing. I think ideally, getting a trailer every 1-2 months would be good, and maybe revealing a glimpse of a Pokemon here and there around that. I probably mentioned this in the pre-SwSh announcement thread, but I love when we caught short glimpses of new Pokemon, or something new, that we got to speculate over, instead of just revealing the Pokemon. Rockruff is a great example of this, as we only saw the back of the model of it in the overworld in one of the early trailers for SM. There was so much fanart of what people were speculating it to look like, and so much talk about what it was.

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/1552170841565-jpg.116635/

From this image here, if true we could have...

Galar Pachirisu (Fire),
Galar Flaafy (Steel) and Ampharos (Steel) (Mega Ampharos (Steel/Dragon),
Galar Slugma (Ground) and Magcargo (Ground/Rock)

Nooooo i don't want galaran pachirisu. Even tho i like it's design i am not a huge fan of it but i'm a biiiiig squirrel fan, i want a whole new squirrel pokemon but this time with a really good design.

Ampharos is my 5th fav pokemon ( yeah i've got a list ) but i think mega evolution is enough for it. It doesn't need a regional form.

I wish we could go back to normal evolutions for forgotten pokemon with new abilities that could make them competitive. All these gimmicks given to overpowered pokemon and legends are simply unuseful. The competitive players will always choose the same pokemon otherwise (Pseudo legends + available intimidator + smeargle/amoongoos and Legends + available intimidator + amongoos/smeargle).

no I meant until Serebii confirm new pokemon I won't beilive Bulagarden poster they could be pulling other posters legs
But you quoted Emerson outright saying he was joking??

I’m hugely skeptical that a mega would receive an alternate form. A Mega already is an alternate form in a sense. They purposely avoided giving Pokémon with Megas Alolan Forms probably for that reason.
I personally wish that we would get a regional variant Mega, because I think it'd turn out really cool (kinda like Mega Nuclear forms in Uranium), but I think that if that was ever going to happen, they would have already done it with the introduction of variants.

But you quoted Emerson outright saying he was joking??

I personally wish that we would get a regional variant Mega, because I think it'd turn out really cool (kinda like Mega Nuclear forms in Uranium), but I think that if that was ever going to happen, they would have already done it with the introduction of variants.

your point is anyway moving on been Hear about Galaran forms with an just like Alolan if truen love an fire type Sneasel for steel Swinub

Something I haven’t seen people discuss yet (or probably just missed): the sneaking mechanic appears to be back from ORAS if I recall correctly. I personally did not like that mechanic but do you think it will have any significance beyond shiny hunting this time? Unlikely, but maybe we’ll get a feature similar to DexNav?

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/1552170841565-jpg.116635/

From this image here, if true we could have...

Galar Pachirisu (Fire),
Galar Flaafy (Steel) and Ampharos (Steel) (Mega Ampharos (Steel/Dragon),
Galar Slugma (Ground) and Magcargo (Ground/Rock)

If this image is to be trusted it looks like Sobble evolves into a Dragon King, Scorbunny has something to do with a Chinese deity I recognize but don't remember the name of (although I think she has something to do with the Moon Rabbit), and Grookey becomes Sun Wukong.

Also apparently four minor legendary Pokemon based on the four beasts of Chinese mythology.

It sounds way too good to be true sadly.

Something I haven’t seen people discuss yet (or probably just missed): the sneaking mechanic appears to be back from ORAS if I recall correctly. I personally did not like that mechanic but do you think it will have any significance beyond shiny hunting this time? Unlikely, but maybe we’ll get a feature similar to DexNav?
Or, it might outright be the return of DexNav itself, but they would have to also bring back the PokeNav, which is specific to Hoenn.

Well it's not like they were made by him. They're about as trust worthy as any 4chan rumor, but they're interesting reads none the less
Never trust in what 4chan says for being mostly filled with trolls.

Best wait until April for proper news. They were lucky in the past, I doubt the same would happen again this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom