• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash-Greninja is definitely not SM/USUM-exclusive since it can be Banked, so it'll be able to be in SS.

Though I really doubt they'd touch up on it again in the near future, same with Armored Mewtwo if it does turn out to be Greninja 2.0
Or even Meltan for Bank release.

">The new battle mechanic is Teamwork."
You use up to 3 pokemon max from your team to use various offensive and defensive strategy plays
You can only use a strategy once per battle each. And there are plenty to use.
Gym masters specialize in Teamwork moves. Each one you beat, teaches you their strategies.
First gym teaches you Team Attack. Choose up 3 moves from different pokemon, and they execute them all at once. Power stacks.
Second gym teaches you Team Guard. Blocks an attack completely if using 3. Reduces damage if using 2.
Legendaries have their own special Team Attack and Guard. That have added effects.
It's a cute idea, but it seems pretty unlikely to me.
  • Combo moves were already a thing in Gen 5, and they barely got used, even though the cover legendaries have their own combo moves.
  • Team Guard is literally just Protect. Actually, it's a worse version of Protect, because you need three Pokemon for it to work, and you can only use it once.
  • They say there's several different team moves, but they only describe two-even the legendaries don't get anything more elaborate.

I can't believe those combo moves still exist in the game and create like, unique field conditions??? It's absolutely baffling, I don't think anyone ever uses them. Anyway, I've gotta agree, I like the idea of teamwork as a theme for the gimmick though (although I guess its always the theme? Both megas and z-moves have a focus on the trainer's bond with their Pokemon and them working as a team).

It's a cute idea, but it seems pretty unlikely to me.
  • Combo moves were already a thing in Gen 5, and they barely got used, even though the cover legendaries have their own combo moves.
  • Team Guard is literally just Protect. Actually, it's a worse version of Protect, because you need three Pokemon for it to work, and you can only use it once.
  • They say there's several different team moves, but they only describe two-even the legendaries don't get anything more elaborate.
By the sound of it, it's like both a z-move in terms of power except using multiple moves at once, and ,like you said, a protect. Though I can see the damage reduction put to use. Since it says each strategy can be used once per battle. And it doesn't sound like you can't use the other strategies in the same battle.
Actually that would make the symbols on the gyms make sense.

People don’t use the team combination attacks because they are weak and even when pulled off you’d be better using another move instead. There’s no real reward outside of a personal handicap and a really cool move animation.

By the sound of it, it's like both a z-move in terms of power except using multiple moves at once, and ,like you said, a protect. Though I can see the damage reduction put to use. Since it says each strategy can be used once per battle. And it doesn't sound like you can't use the other strategies in the same battle.
Actually that would make the symbols on the gyms make sense.
But why would they make the big once-per-battle move exactly the same as another move that you can use more than once?

What was the leak of Caesar being the title for a evil Team? Or has that been debunked by now?

Honestly team attacks every turn or every other turn sounds OP. Maybe cause of that?
Sorry, I'm not being clear. What I'm saying is that, since Team Guard serves the same purpose as Protect, Protect is essentially a multiuse Team Guard. So why would anyone waste their once-per-battle Team Attack on Team Guard, when they could use Protect and get the same effect? It'd be like using a Z-Move with no extra benefit, wasting your only Z-Move for the battle.

Sorry, I'm not being clear. What I'm saying is that, since Team Guard serves the same purpose as Protect, Protect is essentially a multiuse Team Guard. So why would anyone waste their once-per-battle Team Attack on Team Guard, when they could use Protect and get the same effect? It'd be like using a Z-Move with no extra benefit, wasting your only Z-Move for the battle.

Not to mention we already have wide and quick guard.

Well in that case let's see how the others gimmicks would stack. It'd be doing back to back z-moves, and back to back protects, which already sounds nuts, and then again not all pokemon in teams use protect, so it's a pinch saver. Also due take note, that apparently is only two, according to the leak

What was the leak of Caesar being the title for a evil Team? Or has that been debunked by now?
I think that was this one.
(The japanese translates to Team Neon and Caesar, despite the anon claiming it couldn't be translated)

Still not totally disproven, but to have this much detail and yet not get any closer to Galar beyond "biggest region" isn't stacking up well for it.
Well in that case let's see how the others gimmicks would stack. It'd be doing back to back z-moves, and back to back protects, which already sounds nuts, and then again not all pokemon in teams use protect, so it's a pinch saver. Also due take note, that apparently is only two, according to the leak
But it wouldn't be like doing back to back Z-Moves. It'd just be using Protect twice, which is already possible. (It has a chance to fail, but it can still work twice) And even though it's only two of it, it's still out of what seems to be a total of ten Team Moves. (Eight gyms, and the two for the legendaries) That'd be like 10% of all Megas being exactly the same as their original form.

Attachments

• 1552344073987.png
    1552344073987.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 36
(The japanese translates to Team Neon and Caesar, despite the anon claiming it couldn't be translated)

Still not totally disproven, but to have this much detail and yet not get any closer to Galar beyond "biggest region" isn't stacking up well for it.

But it wouldn't be like doing back to back Z-Moves. It'd just be using Protect twice, which is already possible. (It has a chance to fail, but it can still work twice) And even though it's only two of it, it's still out of what seems to be a total of ten Team Moves. (Eight gyms, and the two for the legendaries) That'd be like 10% of all Megas being exactly the same as their original form.
No I meant back to back z-moves like you can use a z-move in one turn, then use a team attack in another turn after. Also you can protect twice in a row? Thought you can only do that with extreme luck.

• 106 Pokemon: If we got to what this leaker has showing us is true with the 96 possible Pokemon, then there could be 10 more unique Pokemon unrevealed yet.
  • Largest Region to date: Galar being the island of Great Britain is about the same size as Kalos which is Northern France, with Kalos being slightly bigger. Unless there's something added like Ireland or Kalos Postgame, then that's not cutting it. Unless they mean more things to do than Kalos and Alola, then I could see it being something big?-
  • Rarest Shiny Form: I think that could match well with Armoured Evolution if proven real. If not Armoured Mewtwo if event distribution.
  • Solar System Legendaries: All we've seen and heard for potential legendaries if real are unicorn, nessie, snake, horse, wolves, tortoise, phoenix, dragon, tiger, plague doctor, giant. If somebody can help decipher the meaning, it can be a great help indeed.
  • Team Neon and Caesar: Okay, I would love that to be an evil Roman-Based Team for Galar, but only time would tell in Game Freak's part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom