• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Largest Region to date: Galar being the island of Great Britain is about the same size as Kalos which is Northern France, with Kalos being slightly bigger. Unless there's something added like Ireland or Kalos Postgame, then that's not cutting it. Unless they mean more things to do than Kalos and Alola, then I could see it being something big?-
i'm pretty sure it'd be referring to the actual amount of traverse-able space in the region and available content and not necessarily "physical" size.

Rarest Shiny Form: I think that could match well with Armoured Evolution if proven real. If not Armoured Mewtwo if event distribution.

If this leak is fake then it’s possible this is piggybacking off of the “super shiny” theory everyone was talking about a while back and the poster made this with that idea in mind. Which makes me think this one isn’t real, but who knows.

If this leak is fake then it’s possible this is piggybacking off of the “super shiny” theory everyone was talking about a while back and the poster made this with that idea in mind. Which makes me think this one isn’t real, but who knows.
It most likely refers to "Ultra Shiny", a GF trademark that turned out to be for a TCG set that some people thought would be a new game mechanic.

Why not both. The trailer did make the region look significantly huge
This is what probably we're gonna be able to visit. I would say almost 40% of the actual map. The most explorable part is definitively the central part (almost 60%). while the north and the south are just a 20% at best.

This is what probably we're gonna be able to visit. I would say almost 40% of the actual map. The most explorable part is definitively the central part (almost 60%). while the north and the south are just a 20% at best.
View attachment 116795
Again, still looks much bigger in game than on the map

Jebus, people complaining that there is no Ireland or whatever. It's possible in a Ultra Sword / Ultra Shield or whatever, there will be a few new cities, like there was in X2 and Y2.
Wat? Who is complaining about this? We don’t have anywhere near a confirmation of whether or not there will be post-game areas and what they will be yet.
Also did I miss something cause there’s no such thing as X2 Y2 lol

Okay come on, I know it's best to keep expectations low, but can we have at least SOME sense of wonder for what's called "the most expansive" region?
The description is just "an expansive region." The XY manual said something similar: "The expansive Kalos region, a place graced with beautiful skies and rich forests, abundant in nature's bounty." That sounds like a better fit for Hoenn, honestly.

What they're really getting at, in all likelihood, is that the graphics help the world look more realistic.

View attachment 116795
Middle bottom left with the water and coast under the railroad is definitely explorable along with the mountain right near it as there's a cave entrance. The top left coastal region could be explorable because it looks like there's a semi Sandy area where you can go into the water and right ice/water place in the right is explorable because they showed the battle with wishiwashi there in the trailer I believe. Also more farmland is probably able to be explored in the bottom town.

Middle bottom left with the water and coast under the railroad is definitely explorable along with the mountain right near it as there's a cave entrance. The top left coastal region could be explorable because it looks like there's a semi Sandy area where you can go into the water and right ice/water place in the right is explorable because they showed the battle with wishiwashi there in the trailer I believe. Also more farmland is probably able to be explored in the bottom town.
Not sure honestly about middle bottom left and top left (most likely not the last one at least). The mountain entrance is marked on the map, I didn't mark all the mountain cause I don't know how much of it you could visit. The battle with wishiwashi happens in the south of the snowy city, which is marked on the map. I'm also quite confident we won't visit anything else in the south...at least nothing of what is on the map right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom