• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single one of Grookey's translation names relate to music in some way. It's obvious what it's themed by.
Yeah I was discussing that recently in a discord server. Lately we've been bouncing back and forth between it becoming a drummer, or possibly a flute player. Drummer for obvious reasons, but flute for something that's currently speculative

Yeah I was discussing that recently in a discord server. Lately we've been bouncing back and forth between it becoming a drummer, or possibly a flute player

I just noticed that Grass/Psychic, Fire/Electric and Water/Ghost will give each starter something against both of the others.

Edit: it doesn’t give anything to Grookey against Scorbunny... maybe an Electric resistance?

Grass/Psychic flute player?

It works just as well as the Sinnoh and Alola trios which was somewhat, but not completely balanced.

I just noticed that Grass/Psychic, Fire/Electric and Water/Ghost will give each starter something against both of the others.

Edit: it doesn’t give anything to Grookey against Scorbunny... maybe an Electric resistance?

Grass/Psychic flute player?

It works just as well as the Sinnoh and Alola trios which was somewhat, but not completely balanced.
I was thinking Grass/Fairy

I was thinking Grass/Fairy

I thought psychic because Grookey is mischievous and curious. So it grows up to become wise. And it could represent serenity.

A Grass/Fairy musical Pokemon reminds me a bit too much of Primarina, and we already had Tapu Bulu and Shiinotic for Grass/Fairy. That’s an overlap in most aspects of Grass/Fairy Grookey3.

I thought psychic because Grookey is mischievous and curious. So it grows up to become wise. And it could represent serenity.

A Grass/Fairy musical Pokemon reminds me a bit too much of Primarina, and we already had Tapu Bulu and Shiinotic for Grass/Fairy. That’s an overlap in most aspects of Grass/Fairy Grookey3.
But it works best for Grookey's potential ability to manipulate nature through music, to tally Fairy sounding when nature's involved. Psychic would be more manipulating it with it's mind.

But it works best for Grookey's potential ability to manipulate nature through music, to tally Fairy sounding when nature's involved. Psychic would be more manipulating it with it's mind.

Psychic and music can be linked too: Meloetta is an example.
The evolution could also have multiple themes involved (which has been the case for almost all recent ones).
And there’s the overlap I mentioned earlier.

What I think is:

Grookey - Grass/Dark
Scorbunny - Fire/Electric
Sobble - Water/Psychic

Would be surprised it it's different.

Psychic and music can be linked too: Meloetta is an example.
The evolution could also have multiple themes involved (which has been the case for almost all recent ones).
And there’s the overlap I mentioned earlier.
Yeaha but Meloetta seems to be an exception. Since it's music manipulates feelings and such. But pokemon like wigglytuff, pr primarina, bothhave music themes and both are fairy.

Decidueye is Grass/Ghost, even though the previous gen had two separate Grass/Ghost lines and its gen also had a different Grass/Ghost. What you said isn't really a solid point against Grookey gaining the Fairy type IMO.

I think what everything boils down to, is that the starters will get whatever type makes sense for its design. Hence why there was three Fire/Fighting in a row, or Decidueye being Grass/Ghost.

Also I should add, if it gets a flute it'd be perfect for it to learn Grass Whistle

With recent speculation how the starters might end up

Grass/Fairy Shaman/Druid/Dryad monkey

Fire/Electric Soccer player

Water/Dragon Knight

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say something that nobody has ever thought of when they bring up the starters...the starters are based off subcultures.

Grookey = Mod
Scorbunny = Punk
Sobble = Goth

All three also relate to music and were very popular in Britan at one point.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom