• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least, Empoleon was super effective against Infernape.

Sobble can't be super effective against Scorbunny evo if Scorbunny evo ends up being Fire/Electric Type.
Electric-Type can help Scorbunny evo resist its weakness (Water).

Grass/Rock, Fire/Electric, and Water/Dragon would be good. They would be not super effective against each others.
Electric doesn't resist Water.

At least, Empoleon was super effective against Infernape.

Sobble can't be super effective against Scorbunny evo if Scorbunny evo ends up being Fire/Electric Type.
Electric-Type can help Scorbunny evo resist its weakness (Water).

Grass/Rock, Fire/Electric, and Water/Dragon would be good. They would be not super effective against each others.
Actually Fire/Electric is still weak to water, so the weakness is still there. Sobble if made dragon would resist pretty much resist both Grookey and Scorbunny. Which is why if Grookey were made fairy, the balance would be fixed

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ufQW2HYD4

I think we've finally uncovered something for Gen 8's mechanics based on Meltan's Attack/Defence mechanics as shown in SM112

Please tell me this is a joke. That's literally just Meltan getting mad. It's eye changed shape to makes an angry expression

Edit: Oh yeah I came up with desired stats for the starters too.

Grookey 3

Grass/Fairy

HP: 80

ATK: 105

DEF: 75

SP.ATK: 105

SP.DEF: 90

SPE: 85

Scorbunny 3

Fire/Electric

HP: 75

ATK: 85

DEF: 70

SP.ATK: 110

SP.DEF: 70

SPE: 120

Sobble 3

Water/Dragon

HP: 95

ATK: 75

DEF: 90

SP.ATK: 115

SP.DEF: 90

SPE: 70

Last edited:
my assumptions:

grookey: grass/fairy, because music/rhythm theme

scorbunny: pure fire or fire/fighting (sorry ): ) because of nose bandage.

sobble: water/ghost, because invisibility.

I have a feeling that meltan is gen 8... how can we say it's not? Could be a togepi/marill thing.
Togepi and Marill were in the anime a gen early, though, not the games.

Generation is generally a fanmade term, but the asset numbers for Meltan and Melmetal placed them in the same category as the Gen 7 Pokemon, not in its own.

Togepi and Marill were in the anime a gen early, though, not the games.

Generation is generally a fanmade term, but the asset numbers for Meltan and Melmetal placed them in the same category as the Gen 7 Pokemon, not in its own.

I mean, Meltan debuted in alola (anime) and lgpe (7th gen) but it was made mainly for the 8th generation games/anime.

"Scorbunny may be a combination of scorch and bunny.

Hibanny may be a combination of 火 hi (fire), 火花 hibana (spark), and bunny." - Bulbapedia

The Japanese in that refers to like fire or ember sparks and not electrical sparks. That being said no fire type has ever referenced ember sparks yet, so this niche could go either way and even could change through evolution such as the modern starter pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom