• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you referring to the art style or to the graphics? Cause they are two different things...
Both. I love Zelda's art style. Especially BOTW which is my favourite since TP. In case of Skyrim, I'm not fond of the art. Which reminds me of something else.... None of these games are really comparable. Skyrim, Zelda and Pokemon are all vastly different games and require different approaches to them. Including from an art style perspective and by extension, graphically.

Gen 4 - almost the same graphics than gen 3
Gen 5 - nds stretched into its limits

Gen 8 - almost the same graphics than gen 7
Gen 9 - loading...

Staring at the map more, I notice that the new gym symbol seems to be predominantly on that one flower-shaped building. I suppose that might be the league? If so, I find that a little disappointing- the tower next to it would have been a more impressive spot. XD

Staring at the map more, I notice that the new gym symbol seems to be predominantly on that one flower-shaped building. I suppose that might be the league? If so, I find that a little disappointing- the tower next to it would have been a more impressive spot. XD

Maybe we have gyms + one thing that we couldn't note yet for the league.

Gyms in the stadiums but another mandatory things to do (the tower for example)

It would be cool if the League was in the dragon city, inside the crown. We could see it during the main plot and then go back in the end.

You guys know Pixelpar (Jack) posted an insight video on every detail for the trailer yeah?

Also, inb4 we get a trailer drop next week.

Thought I'd post the map here, since we seem to be talking about it right now.

I agree, there are a couple places on the map that look like they can have the League. I think the most obvious one is the tall tower at the top of the map, but the dragon city is also worth noting. I definitely think there will be something in that flower looking building with the gym symbol on it will play some sort of role. Maybe if it's a new type of battle that makes these gyms so different, this is a place where we can continue to partake in those kinds of battles.

I agree, there are a couple places on the map that look like they can have the League. I think the most obvious one is the tall tower at the top of the map, but the dragon city is also worth noting. I definitely think there will be something in that flower looking building with the gym symbol on it will play some sort of role. Maybe if it's a new type of battle that makes these gyms so different, this is a place where we can continue to partake in those kinds of battles.
Honestly, given the prominence of the logo on the flower building, I think it's the most likely location for the league. It's a little underwhelming but I can't think of any other reason right now why it would have the same symbol as the gyms if it wasn't the league building. Though I guess, if it is a new battle mechanic, that could be something- why not just make the gyms rechallengeable, though?

I've already done a map speculating both Gyms and location bases.

Galar Region: Great Britain's Locations.

1st City (Manchester): Steel
Kilburn: Grass
Blackpool: Water
2nd City (Birmingham): Dragon
Buxton: Rock
Sherwood Forest: Ghost
Liverpool: Dark
3rd City (London/Wembley Stadium): Fairy

I've already done a map speculating both Gyms and location bases.

Galar Region: Great Britain's Locations.

1st City (Manchester): Steel
Kilburn: Grass
Blackpool: Water
2nd City (Birmingham): Dragon
Buxton: Rock
Sherwood Forest: Ghost
Liverpool: Dark
3rd City (London/Wembley Stadium): Fairy
That's great, but we're talking about the league location right now? You didn't even address the flower building on your map.

Honestly, given the prominence of the logo on the flower building, I think it's the most likely location for the league. It's a little underwhelming but I can't think of any other reason right now why it would have the same symbol as the gyms if it wasn't the league building. Though I guess, if it is a new battle mechanic, that could be something- why not just make the gyms rechallengeable, though?
No, the League building is the tower, notice the glass top being similar for the Champion area to that in Alola

I... don't think Alola had a visible glass top over the league on the map.
No, but when you think of it, the Champion area has a glass scenic area that views all over the Region. Perhaps something similar. However we only have small info at the moment, we probably won't have anything until after E3 in June

I don't see any stadium in "Manchester" or "Birmingham". I think that the former has an arena, but I'm unconvinced.

Guys, can we really argue about pokemon having good graphics like Zelda, Xenoblade, Skyrim etc? I mean...can we seriously talk about good graphics?
Fact: Pokemon graphics are mediocre compared to other switch titles.
Opinion: These graphics are mediocre even for a pokemon game on console.
Skyrim’s graphic isn’t good at all, if you meant details such as textures and lighting. Bethesda is ‘renowned’ for delivering games with lots of bugs and subpar graphics (due to their engine, which is the same since at least Morrowind, Despite the many updates. It’s the reason why people fear Starfield and TES 6 will be bad on this department since they’ll still use the same engine), that the community fixed and enhances.

In regards of western RPGs TW3 and H:ZD are examples of RPGs with good graphics.

If we’re Talking about world building, then yes, Skyrim isn’t bad, but that’s a completely separate issue from the graphics department.

Gen 8 has graphics nothing like Gen 7

The same style but in a new console. I can see the same jump we have from gen 3 to gen 4 now in gen 7 to gen 8. A little improvement using what the new console has. Who's hoping for a botw pokemon, if we keep the same pattern in graphics evolution from gen 3 - 4 - 5 to gen 7 - 8 - 9, gen 9 might be the gen when we'll feel a real graphics change. I'm not complaining about the graphics, I liked it, but I see that way... the real change is for gen 9, as in the past it was gen 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom