• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Alola Forms, Rainbow Rocket, vacation theme and change of gameplay, and the many things connected to Kanto in Alola in Gen 7 are all to celibate 20 years of Pokemon.
Well, breeding was introduced in Gen 2, so I don't think Pokemon have been celibate for that long.
https://i.********/vp/1553537621334.jpg
It's cool to be sure, but almost certainly a fake.
  • No battle UI is displayed, so it must be a trailer rather than gameplay footage. I don't recall the news period of SuMo and XY exactly, but I'm pretty sure that the major gimmick was not shown off within a month of the game's announcement. And while Mewtwo was used to showcase Megas, I'm pretty sure we didn't have signature Z-Moves for legendaries for a while with SuMo.
  • Let's imagine Zeraora was the first glimpse we got of armor Pokemon. Now, either Game Freak runs a distribution for Zeraora for SwSh's release, despite already having one this year from January to the end of March, or Game Freak doesn't distribute Zeraora, leaving a promoted new feature only accessible to people who got an old MG. Neither seems like a good option.
  • You can see discolored ground around the trainer's shoes. That's because this was taken from the shot where she throws out Miccino.

I don't believe this image, it feels like Zeraora would've gotten its form in Gen 7.

Zygarde is a legendary while Zeraora is a mythical.
Still doesn't change the fact it got a form a generation after. New forms in later generations aren't new for this series.

Well, breeding was introduced in Gen 2, so I don't think Pokemon have been celibate for that long.

It's cool to be sure, but almost certainly a fake.
  • No battle UI is displayed, so it must be a trailer rather than gameplay footage. I don't recall the news period of SuMo and XY exactly, but I'm pretty sure that the major gimmick was not shown off within a month of the game's announcement. And while Mewtwo was used to showcase Megas, I'm pretty sure we didn't have signature Z-Moves for legendaries for a while with SuMo.
  • Let's imagine Zeraora was the first glimpse we got of armor Pokemon. Now, either Game Freak runs a distribution for Zeraora for SwSh's release, despite already having one this year from January to the end of March, or Game Freak doesn't distribute Zeraora, leaving a promoted new feature only accessible to people who got an old MG. Neither seems like a good option.
  • You can see discolored ground around the trainer's shoes. That's because this was taken from the shot where she throws out Miccino.
I'm I got arguments for your points.

• For the first, it's literally at the start of the battle, the pokemon is thrown out first then the UI appears as it cuts to both of the pokemon on the field. It was like this in Sun and Moon as well. So it's not a trailer shot it seems
  • Also you really expect GF to care if people miss out on an distribution pokemon. They constantly screw others over on a chance to get them every game, so it wouldn't be new in the slightest. You couldn't even get Blazikenite in X and Y in any other method if you missed the distribution in X and Y.
  • Also the entire top image seems darker tone in coloring compared to the trailer, and I think that's due to how the image was taken, so I don't think it's discoloration, just toned down brightness

• For the first, it's literally at the start of the battle, the pokemon is thrown out first then the UI appears as it cuts to both of the pokemon on the field. It was like this in Sun and Moon as well. So it's not a trailer shot it seems
So, someone's actually playing the game/a demo somehow, and took a picture as they did so? Surely Game Freak has better security for their playtesters?
  • Also you really expect GF to care if people miss out on an distribution pokemon. They constantly screw others over on a chance to get them every game, so it wouldn't be new in the slightest. You couldn't even get Blazikenite in X and Y in any other method if you missed the distribution in X and Y.
But you still got it in XY. If Game Freak didn't have a distribution method for Zeraora, there wouldn't be any way to get Zeraora in SwSh at all.
  • Also the entire top image seems darker tone in coloring compared to the trailer, and I think that's due to how the image was taken, so I don't think it's discoloration, just toned down brightness
It clearly stands out from the rest of the bright spots on the ground, though. The issue's not just that it looks like the dirt, but also that it looks so out-of-place. Toned down brightness doesn't make something orange when there's no orange to be found anywhere else.

So, someone's actually playing the game/a demo somehow, and took a picture as they did so? Surely Game Freak has better security for their playtesters?

But you still got it in XY. If Game Freak didn't have a distribution method for Zeraora, there wouldn't be any way to get Zeraora in SwSh at all.

It clearly stands out from the rest of the bright spots on the ground, though. The issue's not just that it looks like the dirt, but also that it looks so out-of-place. Toned down brightness doesn't make something orange when there's no orange to be found anywhere else.
I dunno, after that Let's go Pikachu and Eevee leak, I have no clue what security is like up there

Again, that's not unusual for GF. They are very stingy when it comes to mythicals, and know them I would guess they expect you to have Zeraora from last distribution. But that's just me being negative

Also no color has been changed. the scene entirely is just darker like someone slid the brightness level down. The already darkbrown boots just look black due to the darkening, that's just how colors work, heck you can tell her hair also got darker.

That was because the anime rescued it. Judging by the fact that both formes' signature moves are in XY, it makes me think that they were going to be in XY, got cut, the anime staff thought those formes were cool so they included them in the anime, and then they decided to re-add them to the games.

I dunno, after that Let's go Pikachu and Eevee leak, I have no clue what security is like up there
I don't think they'd leave security unchanged after the leak.

Again, that's not unusual for GF. They are very stingy when it comes to mythicals, and know them I would guess they expect you to have Zeraora from last distribution. But that's just me being negative
Very stingy? We just recently had a year where they handed out every one.

If they expected players to have Zeraora from last time, why not expect the same for players obtaining Mewnium Z?
Also no color has been changed. the scene entirely is just darker like someone slid the brightness level down. The already darkbrown boots just look black due to the darkening, that's just how colors work, heck you can tell her hair also got darker.
Getting darker doesn't make a color more orange.

Wonders will we be able to identify a leak when it does/if it happens?
Depends. We were able to identify the final starter leak as legit last Gen when Mallow was revealed. Chinese Riddler was also confirmed as pokemon were revealed. The Let's Go lapras image was unable to be determined one way or the other and just remained on the table until reveal. Ultimately, either something will be revealed officially that will confirm it or it will just rest in limbo until proven one way or the other.

We're pretty good at weeding out the fakes, though, and that's why I like hanging around here. XD

if we get them, don't we get them right before a trailer or later toward the end august- beginning of october? I mean it seems early for some of these "big" rumors to be real anyway.

To get onto another topic then. Someone came up with a near perfect visualization of how I want Sobble's evolution line to go
That's the first evolution design for Sobble that's based on a knight that I've legitimately liked the look of- I would be bummed about the chameleon hands not ending up playing into it, but the final evolution looks pretty nice overall. Kudos to the artist- I should probably reverse image search it to figure out who's it is, since it isn't one that's trying to be passed off as a leak.
EDIT: found the artist!

I do kind of doubt they'll drop something as prominent as the 'turning invisible' ability Sobble has for the real final evolution though- if it doesn't show up as an ability that every member of the line shares, I'd expect it to be replaced by something thematically connected to invisibility or stealth at least.

Last edited:
That's the first evolution design for Sobble that's based on a knight that I've legitimately liked the look of- I would be bummed about the chameleon hands not ending up playing into it, but the final evolution looks pretty nice overall. Kudos to the artist- I should probably reverse image search it to figure out who's it is, since it isn't one that's trying to be passed off as a leak.

I do kind of doubt they'll drop something as prominent as the 'turning invisible' ability Sobble has for the real final evolution though- if it doesn't show up as an ability that every member of the line shares, I'd expect it to be replaced by something thematically connected to invisibility or stealth at least.
Well to be fair. Litten no longer spits up hairballs, Froakie lost it's bubbles, Snivy lost it's arms, Rowlet can't turn it's head around. It's not unusualt for pokemon to grow out of there animalistic traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom