• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the regional "delicacy" (Castelia Cone, Lavaridge Cookie, Malasada, Lumiose Gallete etc) will be based on Scones.
image.jpg
Or Bakewell Tart

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSf4cxsKFU

Interesting rumour; someone really went all out trying to write down some 'mons and other information. The drawn 'mons look like they could be real; especially the legendaries. It's possibly a fake, as it's truly quite a load of information, though.

love the gargoyle idea. i really love how the wings in the last evolution resemble stained glass. pretty cool. i hope we get something like this. Actually it would be kinda nice to see 2 or 3 styles.

I hadn't read it because I have no interest in armor theories but I just gave it a read now and your take just sounds like regular items that change the form of certain Pokémon for no good reason.
It's not even changing form. It's just armor clad. Also if that's your take after all that I can definitely tell you didn't care much for anything I said.

It's not even changing form. It's just armor clad. Also if that's your take after all that I can definitely tell you didn't care much for anything I said.
In terms of design and requiring a model, it would still basically be a form change.

And yeah, I am not a fan or a believer of the armor rumor. I would rather they design more mega evolutions than bother with modeling armor for a handful of special pokemon. Plus the idea that certain pokemon would get the visual form change while others would only get the stat change is just kind of unfair.

In terms of design and requiring a model, it would still basically be a form change.

And yeah, I am not a fan or a believer of the armor rumor. I would rather they design more mega evolutions than bother with modeling armor for a handful of special pokemon. Plus the idea that certain pokemon would get the visual form change while others would only get the stat change is just kind of unfair.
Well the thing is, it might not be stat changes armor would give. According to the rumor armor acts like that of held items for a pokemon. Not only that some existing held items would either count as armor, or can be turned into armor to give pokemon certain effects. Nothing in there says it mainly increases stats, they might not even increase stats at all. All it says is that they provide different effects to those equipped. Such as a necklace that turns moves into fire type. Also certain held items would make the armor gain additional effects to it's own, like enchantments to equipment in jrpgs. While I disagree about the form change thing since you can add attachments to the model itself. It does sound like a reasonable system.

The same rumor makes a lot of other dubious claims, like another Fire/Fighting starter, Meltan getting an armored form instead of Melmetal, and the idea that the cover legendary can't battle unless armor is equipped. (Even Magikarp can enter battle with just Splash, but the face of these new games can't battle at all without a human equipping armor?) There's also the fact that the effects that they do describe are incredibly vague. NeverMeltIce "adds an extra 10% chance to freeze an opponent". When? When the Pokemon attacks? When they enter battle? When the opponent makes contact? Only on freezing moves? It never specifies, it just says "a 10% chance". And there's also the general claim that someone has leaked the starter evos, the cover legendaries, some returning characters, and the new mechanic in less than two months since the game's initial announcement. (And it'd have to be leaked within those two months, too, since we had no legitimate leak before then.) I hardly think it's worth trying to figure out a sensible way for this mechanic to work when the idea hardly has a leg to stand on in the first place.

The same rumor makes a lot of other dubious claims, like another Fire/Fighting starter, Meltan getting an armored form instead of Melmetal, and the idea that the cover legendary can't battle unless armor is equipped. (Even Magikarp can enter battle with just Splash, but the face of these new games can't battle at all without a human equipping armor?) There's also the fact that the effects that they do describe are incredibly vague. NeverMeltIce "adds an extra 10% chance to freeze an opponent". When? When the Pokemon attacks? When they enter battle? When the opponent makes contact? Only on freezing moves? It never specifies, it just says "a 10% chance". And there's also the general claim that someone has leaked the starter evos, the cover legendaries, some returning characters, and the new mechanic in less than two months since the game's initial announcement. (And it'd have to be leaked within those two months, too, since we had no legitimate leak before then.) I hardly think it's worth trying to figure out a sensible way for this mechanic to work when the idea hardly has a leg to stand on in the first place.
Most of what you were talking I don't even see int this rumor. For one, Fire/Fighting Scopbunny, while scorned upon, would make sense for him, considering he's a rabbit, and has focus on his feet, it'll most definitely learn a lot of kicking moves. Also Meltan was nowhere in that rumor from what I've seen. Now as for the cover legendary. I imagine it's own armor has a mystical property to it, making not man made and potentially is the soruce of it's overall power. Meaning without it it has no type, no moves, no ability, nothin. Hence why you can't use it in battle without it. Now the for never ice thing i thought it would be obvious the freezing effect would be when it attacks. I get you want to be thorough, but not everything need to be spelled out in absolute detail to get stuff. Now, starters, legends, character, and mechanic, again, I didn't even see those mentioned. Either you're reading this from someplace else, or you're confusing this with another rumor similar.

Also Meltan was nowhere in that rumor from what I've seen.

Most of what you were talking I don't even see int this rumor.
Now, starters, legends, character, and mechanic, again, I didn't even see those mentioned. Either you're reading this from someplace else, or you're confusing this with another rumor similar.

I'm generally using this translation, which is the one posted on most sites covering the rumor, but the Meltan bit came from an earlier mention in the thread, in this post. These are the only two mentions of spirit armor that I'm finding anywhere, and they're the ones that mention NeverMeltIce and a "fire necklace", so I'm surprised you've forgotten about everything else it mentioned. They clearly say that they know the starter evos, cover legendaries, and that Kalos characters will make an appearance.

Now as for the cover legendary. I imagine it's own armor has a mystical property to it, making not man made and potentially is the soruce of it's overall power. Meaning without it it has no type, no moves, no ability, nothin. Hence why you can't use it in battle without it.
While it could explain it, that's being very generous to a rumor that gave nothing to infer that. There's also the question of why you'd be able to switch forms if its armor was its entire self in the first place.

Now the for never ice thing i thought it would be obvious the freezing effect would be when it attacks. I get you want to be thorough, but not everything need to be spelled out in absolute detail to get stuff.
Why is that obvious? What about the rumor makes it clear that it's when it attacks, and not when it's hit, like with Flame Body? Wouldn't that make more sense for a piece of armor?

I'm generally using this translation, which is the one posted on most sites covering the rumor, but the Meltan bit came from an earlier mention in the thread, in this post. These are the only two mentions of spirit armor that I'm finding anywhere, and they're the ones that mention NeverMeltIce and a "fire necklace", so I'm surprised you've forgotten about everything else it mentioned. They clearly say that they know the starter evos, cover legendaries, and that Kalos characters will make an appearance.
Hmm, I see, now that I'm reading through this, take note this wasn't where I got the rumor from, so forgive me missing some details. And yeah I see the Meltan thing, in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised. Considering it has happened when new mythicals get something special a game after....except Magearna. Now I don't see where they say they know the starters other than the typings they get with the armor, and their regular selves stay pure. As well as the naked wolf. I also can't seem to find where it says specifically Kalos characters return (I'm reading to double check my words).

While it could explain it, that's being very generous to a rumor that gave nothing to infer that. There's also the question of why you'd be able to switch forms if its armor was its entire self in the first place.

I'm not being generous, I'm just making potential sense of it. Now I say it's the source of his power, not just his whole self. There has to be a pokemon to wear the armor after all so it's make sense that it can switch said armor.

Why is that obvious? What about the rumor makes it clear that it's when it attacks, and not when it's hit, like with Flame Body? Wouldn't that make more sense for a piece of armor?

You drive a fair point. I guess I mostly assumed attacking considering Never melt ice boosts Ice attacks, so I just thought it boosts attacking moves as well.

And yeah I see the Meltan thing, in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised. Considering it has happened when new mythicals get something special a game after....except Magearna.
Mew in Gen 2, Celebi in Gen 3, Deoxys/Jirachi in Gen 4, Manaphy/Phione/Darkrai/Arceus in Gen 5, Victini/Keldeo /Genesect/Meloetta in Gen 6, Volcanion/Diancie/Hoopa in Gen 7...none of them got anything that I knew of. I was mainly suspicious because it was Meltan and not Melmetal getting the special treatment, though-how often is a new feature given to a prevo and not an evo? Even Raichu got a Z-Move when Pikachu did.
Now I don't see where they say they know the starters other than the typings they get with the armor, and their regular selves stay pure.
I'd saying knowing the starter's final typings and alternate forms is still claiming some sort of major leak about the starters.

I also can't seem to find where it says specifically Kalos characters return (I'm reading to double check my words).

I'm not being generous, I'm just making potential sense of it.
You're making potential sense of it by giving it elements that were never there in the original-I'd call that being generous.
Now I say it's the source of his power, not just his whole self. There has to be a pokemon to wear the armor after all
"No type, no moves, no ability"? Again, even Magikarp has those things.

so it's make sense that it can switch said armor.
How does a wolf with no opposable thumbs switch the armor? If it had some sort of telekinesis to put the armor on, why couldn't it use that in battle?

Mew in Gen 2, Celebi in Gen 3, Deoxys/Jirachi in Gen 4, Manaphy/Phione/Darkrai/Arceus in Gen 5, Victini/Keldeo /Genesect/Meloetta in Gen 6, Volcanion/Diancie/Hoopa in Gen 7...none of them got anything that I knew of. I was mainly suspicious because it was Meltan and not Melmetal getting the special treatment, though-how often is a new feature given to a prevo and not an evo? Even Raichu got a Z-Move when Pikachu did.

Didn't Keldeo, Diance, and Shaymin get new forms in the game after they were introduced? Like Keldeo got Resolute form in BW2, Diancie got a mega in ORAS, and Shaymin got Skye form in Platinum. Also reminder, Eevee got a z-move while none of it's evolutions get one, only incorporated into it.

I'd saying knowing the starter's final typings and alternate forms is still claiming some sort of major leak about the starters.

But we're talking something like names and looks. All they got were typings

Now you see this is why I feel the need to double check in case I miss somethin cause I can't read. Well at least it's saying it's only reference with characters instead of having it post game. Not too far off with how sun and moon handles things.

You're making potential sense of it by giving it elements that were never there in the original-I'd call that being generous.

I only give it said elements cause that's how I believe it could work. I may not work for gamefreak but I can at least come up with logic for certain elements

"No type, no moves, no ability"? Again, even Magikarp has those things.

And unlike Magikarp. I can't attack

How does a wolf with no opposable thumbs switch the armor? If it had some sort of telekinesis to put the armor on, why couldn't it use that in battle?

Why can't Necrozma switch host bodies in battle if Solgaleo and Lunala were in the same team instead of waiting for you to use a man made machine to do it outside of battle?

Point being Pokemon may some logic behind it's own elements but even they can have holes in it. Despite what I said earlier.

Didn't Keldeo, Diance, and Shaymin get new forms in the game after they were introduced? Like Keldeo got Resolute form in BW2, Diancie got a mega in ORAS, and Shaymin got Skye form in Platinum.
Those are all in the same generation, though, not the one after it.
Also reminder, Eevee got a z-move while none of it's evolutions get one, only incorporated into it.
I think there's a pretty big difference between the eight Eeveelutions and Meltan to Melmetal.
But we're talking something like names and looks. All they got were typings
Again, that's still some piece of information about the starters that they're claiming was leaked. (It's even a piece that we didn't have for SuMo, despite getting the entire concept art for it) On its own, it might be just the typings, but with this whole rumor, it's the starter typings, the new mechanic, some specific items from the new mechanic, the cover legendary, and information on returning characters. That's a lot.
Well at least it's saying it's only reference with characters instead of having it post game. Not too far off with how sun and moon handles things.
No, but it's still a claim that they've had confirmation that they'll be in there.
I only give it said elements cause that's how I believe it could work. I may not work for gamefreak but I can at least come up with logic for certain elements
This isn't just about imagine what could happen, though, it's also about figuring out whether the person who shared the rumor is telling the truth. If there's a hole in their story, it should be examined. Coming up with a solution for it is more likely to give credence to a lie.
And unlike Magikarp. I can't attack
Magikarp can't attack, either, Splash does nothing. (Also, Struggle is still a thing-how would they explain not being able to use that?)
Why can't Necrozma switch host bodies in battle if Solgaleo and Lunala were in the same team instead of waiting for you to use a man made machine to do it outside of battle?

Point being Pokemon may some logic behind it's own elements but even they can have holes in it. Despite what I said earlier.
Necrozma's never seen switching forms mid-battle, so it's still not a plot hole. All of its ability to battle doesn't depend on switching forms, either.

Those are all in the same generation, though, not the one after it.

But I said in the games after the ones they're introduced, not generation.

I think there's a pretty big difference between the eight Eeveelutions and Meltan to Melmetal.
It's along the lines of what you said, a pre evo getting something while it's evolutions don't

No, but it's still a claim that they've had confirmation that they'll be in there.
I know. I'm just saying every other leak talks about how you can flat out go to Kalos, while this one says it's only referenced to with it's characters

This isn't just about imagine what could happen, though, it's also about figuring out whether the person who shared the rumor is telling the truth. If there's a hole in their story, it should be examined. Coming up with a solution for it is more likely to give credence to a lie.

And how exactly can we prove what's right and wrong when we literally have nothing else to go off to prove it. If you wanted me to shut it and say nothing because of that you should've said that from the jump

Magikarp can't attack, either, Splash does nothing. (Also, Struggle is still a thing-how would they explain not being able to use that?)

Even so, Splash is still a move. The wolf would have nothing, not even Struggle

Necrozma's never seen switching forms mid-battle, so it's still not a plot hole. All of its ability to battle doesn't depend on switching forms, either.

Even if it's not seen it has the potential to do it, but doesn't. Which is a plot hole if you ask me. But it is dependent on achieving it's full potential, even getting certain moves to boot.

But I said in the games after the ones they're introduced, not generation.
Okay, but the case now would be Meltan getting something in Gen 8 after being introduced in Gen 7.
It's along the lines of what you said, a pre evo getting something while it's evolutions don't
But here, it's one evolution that's very similar to its prevo, and something that could easily be done with the evolved form. With Eevee, it's one form getting something based on its evolution ability, with its evolutions wildly different from each other.
And how exactly can we prove what's right and wrong when we literally have nothing else to go off to prove it. If you wanted me to shut it and say nothing because of that you should've said that from the jump
I said nothing about proving it one way or the other-I'm only talking about making predictions. But we also have plenty to go off of-the entire content of the post, what we know about Pokemon games and previous confirmed leaks, and general logic. I'm not saying that you shouldn't say anything about it, but there's no reason to try to create something new to cover holes in a story someone else is telling. If something doesn't make sense

This person is claiming to have considerable information, faster than any past leak has appeared before, including plot (the Kalos characters) and battle mechanics. And yet they offered nothing to explain why the cover legendary wouldn't be able to battle without the armor. If someone can't explain something that they claimed to have impressive information about, isn't it worth being skeptical of their claim that they know so much about a secret?

Even so, Splash is still a move. The wolf would have nothing, not even Struggle
Again, how would they explain that? And why would a cover legendary be so weak? And why would it bother switching between forms at all if it meant being so totally defenseless?
Even if it's not seen it has the potential to do it, but doesn't. Which is a plot hole if you ask me.
Where was this confirmed?
But it is dependent on achieving it's full potential, even getting certain moves to boot.
Still not on the level of "has absolutely no moves without it", like you're suggesting this wolf would be.

Okay, but the case now would be Meltan getting something in Gen 8 after being introduced in Gen 7.

Even so, Meltan just showed up, not only that it even has relevance in the current anime as Ash's pokemon so if popular enough they could give it special treatment

But here, it's one evolution that's very similar to its prevo, and something that could easily be done with the evolved form. With Eevee, it's one form getting something based on its evolution ability, with its evolutions wildly different from each other.

They could've easily did what they did with Lycanroc and give each evolution a same z-move but with different ones in the animation each

I said nothing about proving it one way or the other-I'm only talking about making predictions. But we also have plenty to go off of-the entire content of the post, what we know about Pokemon games and previous confirmed leaks, and general logic. I'm not saying that you shouldn't say anything about it, but there's no reason to try to create something new to cover holes in a story someone else is telling. If something doesn't make sense

This person is claiming to have considerable information, faster than any past leak has appeared before, including plot (the Kalos characters) and battle mechanics. And yet they offered nothing to explain why the cover legendary wouldn't be able to battle without the armor. If someone can't explain something that they claimed to have impressive information about, isn't it worth being skeptical of their claim that they know so much about a secret?

I would think that's what speculation is all about. Theorizing and coming up with how stuff works or is done by just thinking about how it can work at best. And that's what I'm doing, saying how things can work. Not saying it's completely true or right because of the logic I came up with for it.

Again, how would they explain that? And why would a cover legendary be so weak? And why would it bother switching between forms at all if it meant being so totally defenseless?

Still not on the level of "has absolutely no moves without it", like you're suggesting this wolf would be.

I'm pretty sure it would some form of lore reason. Hey maybe it's literally a spirit and is completely intangible. Like a ghost but not a ghost type pokemon. And the armor is the only way it can interact in battle. CELTIC MAGIC! You can tell I'm just speakin out my butt with this one

Where was this confirmed?

Nowhere in the games, but if it's something to go off of, the anime does show it can freely switch hosts on a whim,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom