• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean that forest is quite obviously the foggy one that was briefly shown in the trailer. the likelihood that we end up back in Kalos is extremely slim. if Alola didn't bother to try and connect itself to Unova, don't see why Galar would somewhat arbitrarily be attached to Kalos.

They are clearly not worse than 3ds (which is a low def console) but I have no problem saying they're not great, cause they're not. The switch can do waaay better than that. I was not expecting anything huge but low quality textures is something even Let's go got rid. Guys, it's not like I'm the one not liking them, it's a fact, the graphics are not great. The art style is good, not the graphics.
To be fair the gameplay footage isn't final, small stuff like that can be fixed between now and release. Also noticr how Empty the region looked, no nocs any where. I can garuntee they'll be there in the final product. Its to soon to say.

Honestly the fact that they're hiding armored mewtwo in promotion like that is pretty interesting imo, especially considering we already know what it looks like.

IF the armor evolution rumor turns out real, I can totally see "armored mewtwo" in M22 being updated/changed from the original design, and something that'll play a role in gen 8. Taking something old and making it new again is kind of genius.

I am actually thinking the same thing... especially if this armor mechanic is true. It's the same legendary with different forms based on the armor mechanic gimmick in game.

Well, it would sure make it easier for me to continue my living dex while continuing to only purchase one version (I used to have my girlfriend to trade back and forth with who'd pick the other version, but we only have one Switch that we share and I don't know if that situation will be likely to change in between now and when the game comes out.)

Honestly, that alone makes me think they might end up being two different but related legendaries. Or perhaps, heaven forbid, version exclusive forms that are literally linked to what version the Pokemon is on, like how Deoxys worked in Gen 3, which would be my absolute least favorite way for them to implement version exclusive forms.

Could be possible that Giovanni might show up to give Mewtwo the armor during the movie.

Well, it would sure make it easier for me to continue my living dex while continuing to only purchase one version (I used to have my girlfriend to trade back and forth with who'd pick the other version, but we only have one Switch that we share and I don't know if that situation will be likely to change in between now and when the game comes out.)

Honestly, that alone makes me think they might end up being two different but related legendaries. Or perhaps, heaven forbid, version exclusive forms that are literally linked to what version the Pokemon is on, like how Deoxys worked in Gen 3, which would be my absolute least favorite way for them to implement version exclusive forms.
Agreed, they should still make the opposite version's form accessible in your version, this has worked with Kyurem and Necrozma, so it should keep going.

In response to the theory posted by @Knightwolf09, maybe this is how they entice Go players and handle online play this time, by having us join one of three or more teams and competing with other players across the world for things like gym battles won, which could also be a way of incorporating gym rematches.

For the people being tough on the graphics, I can't help but think of the errors seen in the first X and Y trailer (such as the male trainer leaving his sunglasses behind when swinging on the vines in Ramos' gym). I'll wait until we get passed the "game footage not final" stage, but I think it looks incredible so far and I can't wait to see Galar in its full glory.

One other thought - when the male trainer enters the football stadium area, he is wearing a glove on his right hand. I imagine this is likely a style thing (like a driving glove but for Pokeballs), but I can't help but think of Korrina's Mega Glove. Especially considering Lucario and Tyranitar are in the regional Dex, so I assume Mega Evolution isn't gone even if it is relegated again to the post-game like SM, USUM and LPLE.

In response to the theory posted by @Knightwolf09, maybe this is how they entice Go players and handle online play this time, by having us join one of three or more teams and competing with other players across the world for things like gym battles won, which could also be a way of incorporating gym rematches.

For the people being tough on the graphics, I can't help but think of the errors seen in the first X and Y trailer (such as the male trainer leaving his sunglasses behind when swinging on the vines in Ramos' gym). I'll wait until we get passed the "game footage not final" stage, but I think it looks incredible so far and I can't wait to see Galar in its full glory.

One other thought - when the male trainer enters the football stadium area, he is wearing a glove on his right hand. I imagine this is likely a style thing (like a driving glove but for Pokeballs), but I can't help but think of Korrina's Mega Glove. Especially considering Lucario and Tyranitar are in the regional Dex, so I assume Mega Evolution isn't gone even if it is relegated again to the post-game like SM, USUM and LPLE.

Kind of like the battles in the Festival Plaza in USUM?

I read in other forums that the two regions seems to be part of the same macro region.

"The same macro region"

anyone saying this is only doing so because France and Britain are relatively close to each other irl. there is nothing in the Sword & Shield information presented so far that suggests anything about Kalos

i mean that forest is quite obviously the foggy one that was briefly shown in the trailer. the likelihood that we end up back in Kalos is extremely slim. if Alola didn't bother to try and connect itself to Unova, don't see why Galar would somewhat arbitrarily be attached to Kalos.

because france and britain are close!

also you're forgetting that Alola was supposed to connect itself to Kalos too, not Unova. remember the girl in Kalos who mentioned moondials? and how you could see "Alola" off in the distance through a dimensional curtain behind the Anistar sundial in X & Y???

I would absolutely love for there to be a majestic as hell Unicorn Pokémon to symbolise Scotland :love: a lot of people don’t know that it’s the national animal for our country. I’m obviously biased but I think as far as national animals go, a unicorn is a pretty bad ass one!

Even though the little band of lakes on the region map are most likely based on the Lake District in Northern England, I’d also love if there was a three-stage evolution Pokémon you can find there, based on the Loch Ness Monster.

I can’t stop thinking about these games!
That lake at the start of the game is I presume to be Loch Ness, whilst the home town is Inverness.

I've actually made a a map to what location is which.

I find this kind of change a tad too drastic, tbh. There is no reference to Scorbunny's design about turning into a sort of... mecha-rabbit.

It has those feet soles on fire, similar to what we saw during CGI reveal trailer.

Not saying is real, but I wouldn't rule it out — it seems Galar's motif is "industry and nature" so I wonder if starters' final evolutions will fit this theme. Like, Scorbunny could become this "future Moon rabbit", Sobble a "nowadays life evolution" and Grookey an "old fashion evolution", I think?

Hey guys. I've had this idea before but do you think Galar (that's the name right) is sinnoh's "tail"? It's a long straight region that ends in mountains.

Sure, the UK and Japan aren't even close to eachother but Hawaii is made of more than four islands so...

Hey guys. I've had this idea before but do you think Galar (that's the name right) is sinnoh's "tail"? It's a long straight region that ends in mountains.

Sure, the UK and Japan aren't even close to eachother but Hawaii is made of more than four islands so...
Sorry, but Sinnoh's tail is apparently Almia.

"The same macro region"

anyone saying this is only doing so because France and Britain are relatively close to each other irl. there is nothing in the Sword & Shield information presented so far that suggests anything about Kalos.

I just means because the two region’s maps have the possibility of matching each other in forming one macro region.

I didn’t mean that something in what we saw so far implies a connections between the two regions.

While that would be cool, I don't think it would mean a two-region game. Just that Sinnoh would get some of its customs from Galar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom