• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
they should have just named Galar "Sinlos" instead because it's actually the bridge that connects Sinnoh and Kalos

I just means because the two region’s maps have the possibility of matching each other in forming one macro region.

You can do this with basically all of the regions that aren't Hoenn or Alola if you try. People did the same with Unova and Kalos back during Gen 6:

1407004529698.jpg

alternatively:

1452180489355.jpg

Honestly, given where we've seen that circle thing so far, I would say that the gimmick for this Gen is just the return to gyms.
gyms being back are definitely part of the twist, but there's definitely going to be something different done with them. the map just doesn't add up.

because france and britain are close!

also you're forgetting that Alola was supposed to connect itself to Kalos too, not Unova. remember the girl in Kalos who mentioned moondials? and how you could see "Alola" off in the distance through a dimensional curtain behind the Anistar sundial in X & Y???
somehow despite everyone ragging on it, it always manages to lead back to Kalos. :')

While that would be cool, I don't think it would mean a two-region game. Just that Sinnoh would get some of its customs from Galar.
We need more solid Sinnoh hints within the Galar Region. Perhaps something similar with X and Y with the distribution of a Torchic with a Blazikenite. Maybe a distributed Piplup with a special item.

While that would be cool, I don't think it would mean a two-region game. Just that Sinnoh would get some of its customs from Galar.
While I have been proven wrong I would like to say I never said I thought it would be a two region game.

Apparently, there’s a poster with Pokémon from the upcoming movie in pair, with two Mewtwo paired with a black oval figure to hide the Pokémon behind it....but there’s a text in katakana saying ‘Armored Mewtwo’. You can find it on resetera.

Edit: here’s the link to the pic.

D0g5y5aXcAY08Ec.jpg:large

Ch... Ch... Cha... CHARIZARD!!!!! FORGET ARMORED MEWTWO, ASH'S CHARIZARD WILL FINALLY COME BACK AFTER BEING ABSENT FROM THE LAST MOVIE!!

THIS IS A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION (at least for me)! HOORAY!!!!!!!

Imagine Sinnoh being in Gen 8's Graphics if it does come to be next year? So far there have been a few nods here and there to Sinnoh in recent times. Perhaps Sinnoh's remake may not be as far off than we think. What better than to release it on the Switch rather than just use the 3DS where it's backwards compatible with the DS and the original Gen 4.

Ok I predict a two legged steel/ghost wolf with sword and a dark/fairy or dark/ghost wolf bipedal with shield on its back as legendaries.

Imagine Sinnoh being in Gen 8's Graphics if it does come to be next year? So far there have been a few nods here and there to Sinnoh in recent times. Perhaps Sinnoh's remake may not be as far off than we think. What better than to release it on the Switch rather than just use the 3DS where it's backwards compatible with the DS and the original Gen 4.
I don't think anyone is expecting Sinnoh to come much later than 2020-2022? It's definitely not going to be on the 3DS so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

I just means because the two region’s maps have the possibility of matching each other in forming one macro region.

I didn’t mean that something in what we saw so far implies a connections between the two regions.
Well, it's not impossible. They share the same colours, the pokeball symbol in ss and the penthagon in xy share the same colours. They both seem to have themes related to regalty, medieval era and war (european stuff). There was a knight elite four in xy. Aegislash is basically a sword/shield combo.
Anyway, I'm not saying there's evidence of a connection but i think it wouldn't be considered out of place if there was one. I mean the last time we had two regions in a game was with two connected regions. This is the closest we have to that scenario. Kalos plot was truly uncomplete, maybe back then they decided to realize two generations connected to each other also in the plot as a big project.
I mean it's weird that in the entire world they choosed the closest region to France after just one gen...and we know there's been a massive war in Kalos (there's been one between France and England). Sword and Shield, you know, the specultation is not impossible. Unlikely probably, but I wouldn't be shocked by this scenario.

Gen 1: Ash journeyed with two Gym Leaders, then a Pokemon Watcher.
Gen 2: Ash Journeyed with two Gym Leaders.
Gen 3: Ash journeyed with one female trainer with little brother and one Gym Leader
Gen 4: Ash journeyed with one female trainer and one Gym Leader

Gen 5: Ash journeyed with two Gym Leaders (Similar to Gen 1 and 2)
Gen 6: Ash journeyed with one female trainer, and one Gym Leader with little sister. (similar to Gen 3)
Gen 7: Ash journeyed with supporting character and Trial Captains, meeting up with Gen 1 and 2's two Gym Leaders.
Gen 8: Ash will probably journey with female trainer and one Gym Leader. Perhaps either Brock or the Steel Type Gym Leader from Manchester City. (Similar to Gen 4)

I don't think anyone is expecting Sinnoh to come much later than 2020-2022? It's definitely not going to be on the 3DS so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
next year is 2020 though, so there could be a chance that there might be. I have just as much as a hunch as Gen 8 being the UK and the Gen 7 Starter's Final Evolution Confidential Sheets being real. I have a gut feeling that has never wrong before. Perhaps it's because I try to be patient and try not to keep my hopes up. All I can say her is that you never know.

4chan in-thread 28/2/19
Quickly popping in to say the leak thread's "no 4chan links" rule also applies here - I've added it to the OP for reference. Also, please remember to keep larger images under spoiler tags for people with slower connections, thanks in advance (y)

Quickly popping in to say the leak thread's "no 4chan links" rule also applies here - I've added it to the OP for reference. Also, please remember to keep larger images under spoiler tags for people with slower connections, thanks in advance (y)
Thank goodness for that, thank you.

What about it doesn't add up...?
you don't notice anything odd about the map? using this high res map i linked to earlier, there's definitely some things that strike me as odd.

for starters, the bottom half of the map (everything south of, what i imagine is, Poke!Edinburgh)? completely barren aside from the player's hometown. there doesn't appear to be any stadiums at all, let alone settlements. it almost looks like the way the player progresses forward is that they'll take a train to the gear city (whether or not the make it there without getting derailed or sidetracked by the plot, who knows). is this going to be like Melemele 2.0? but even then, Melemele at least had a Kahuna and a trial; there doesn't seem to be anything gym related here.

so then we reach the top half of the map (everything north of Poke!Edinburgh). now we finally see gyms/stadiums. but what's interesting is that there are seven out of our standard eight gyms all clustered together, not even in the top half all together, but in the upper-middle quarter of it all. the last gym would be in Poke!London, which is surprisingly remote compared to the rest of the region, being disconnected from Galar by that snowy highland area. but while on the connectedness of it all, don't you notice how everything is seemingly disconnected? the Grass Stadium seems to be only directly connected to Edinburgh and the Water Stadium and neither of those have a direct connection to anything else; they're two dead ends. the stadium in the rocky area and the icey are also apparent dead ends. Pokemon isn't normally this seemingly disconnected. it almost seems as if there's a distinct progression of the east side and west side.

now we get to the design of the stadiums. five of them have a distinctly similar design. and although i mentioned seven earlier, that was predicated on there being two stadiums between Edinburgh and that city with the big wonky tower landmark. but as you can see on the hq art, they aren't visible. that means at least one of three things: (1) they have a different appearance; (2) they aren't shown in the art; or (3) there aren't gyms there. in the case of (1), it isn't too far-fetched. Unova had unique designs for every gym and even Kalos had a few alternative designs for their gyms as well. and we have the stadium in Poke!London that definitively has a different appearance (as said before, likely a nod to Olympic Stadium). (2) is also a possibility, it seems reasonable that there may not be stadiums shown in the art, and i think another possible contender for this is that purple-y city (?) to the south of the snowy one. (3) is well, it is. and to me, right now at least, it seems the most convincing.

so maybe i am just overthinking things. but then, where would the League go? Galar appears to have only ten visible settlements and unlike Alola where there were clearly some distinct locations that could pass for a Victory Road, there doesn't appear to be any of those in Galar, especially if Poke!London has one of the eight gyms. which kind of brings me to my working conclusion: there's five stadiums, maybe six if one is hidden, and you're able to challenge them in any, almost any, or at the very least east vs west, order. the stadium in Poke!London is the League.

at this point, i know i'm a shade like this, but i did also call out that Alola's art didn't quite seem to match up with gyms either.

you don't notice anything odd about the map? using this high res map i linked to earlier, there's definitely some things that strike me as odd.

for starters, the bottom half of the map (everything south of, what i imagine is, Poke!Edinburgh)? completely barren aside from the player's hometown. there doesn't appear to be any stadiums at all, let alone settlements. it almost looks like the way the player progresses forward is that they'll take a train to the gear city (whether or not the make it there without getting derailed or sidetracked by the plot, who knows). is this going to be like Melemele 2.0? but even then, Melemele at least had a Kahuna and a trial; there doesn't seem to be anything gym related here.

so then we reach the top half of the map (everything north of Poke!Edinburgh). now we finally see gyms/stadiums. but what's interesting is that there are seven out of our standard eight gyms all clustered together, not even in the top half all together, but in the upper-middle quarter of it all. the last gym would be in Poke!London, which is surprisingly remote compared to the rest of the region, being disconnected from Galar by that snowy highland area. but while on the connectedness of it all, don't you notice how everything is seemingly disconnected? the Grass Stadium seems to be only directly connected to Edinburgh and the Water Stadium and neither of those have a direct connection to anything else; they're two dead ends. the stadium in the rocky area and the icey are also apparent dead ends. Pokemon isn't normally this seemingly disconnected. it almost seems as if there's a distinct progression of the east side and west side.

now we get to the design of the stadiums. five of them have a distinctly similar design. and although i mentioned seven earlier, that was predicated on there being two stadiums between Edinburgh and that city with the big wonky tower landmark. but as you can see on the hq art, they aren't visible. that means at least one of three things: (1) they have a different appearance; (2) they aren't shown in the art; or (3) there aren't gyms there. in the case of (1), it isn't too far-fetched. Unova had unique designs for every gym and even Kalos had a few alternative designs for their gyms as well. and we have the stadium in Poke!London that definitively has a different appearance (as said before, likely a nod to Olympic Stadium). (2) is also a possibility, it seems reasonable that there may not be stadiums shown in the art, and i think another possible contender for this is that purple-y city (?) to the south of the snowy one. (3) is well, it is. and to me, right now at least, it seems the most convincing.

so maybe i am just overthinking things. but then, where would the League go? Galar appears to have only ten visible settlements and unlike Alola where there were clearly some distinct locations that could pass for a Victory Road, there doesn't appear to be any of those in Galar, especially if Poke!London has one of the eight gyms. which kind of brings me to my working conclusion: there's five stadiums, maybe six if one is hidden, and you're able to challenge them in any, almost any, or at the very least east vs west, order. the stadium in Poke!London is the League.

at this point, i know i'm a shade like this, but i did also call out that Alola's art didn't quite seem to match up with gyms either.
Actually the gear city is Manchester with Hadrian's Wall, the Grass Type Gym is close to Kilburn, North York Moors because of the chalk hill marking. Water is Blackpool because of Blackpool Tower (Lighthouse in this case), as well as Liverpool for being a huge sea port. The second big city is Birmingham, the Rock Type Gym is Buxton because of the drinking water and mining in the Peak District. The fairytale forest is Sherwood Forest where Nottingham is, the Ice Type Gym is Snodonia, North Wales.

Now do you understand that the beginning portions before the first city is Scotland with the Lake District. Where most of the Gyms are is Northern England with North Wales. Then after that is Southern England and most of Wales before coming to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom