• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://twitter.com/PhillyBeatzU/status/1100986840805527553

This is interesting, an accurate leak in march last year?

There's certainly a lot of it that's accurate, but that release date is definitely not. This was posted in March, only two months before LGPE's announcement-there's no way they expected to release Sword and Shield in November when LGPE already had that date. (Also, why wouldn't they know the starters? They're practically the first thing we knew about them)

What the hell is this

Actually the gear city is Manchester with Hadrian's Wall, the Grass Type Gym is close to Kilburn, North York Moors because of the chalk hill marking. Water is Blackpool because of Blackpool Tower (Lighthouse in this case), as well as Liverpool for being a huge sea port. The second big city is Birmingham, the Rock Type Gym is Buxton because of the drinking water and mining in the Peak District. The fairytale forest is Sherwood Forest where Nottingham is, the Ice Type Gym is Snodonia, North Wales.

Now do you understand that the beginning portions before the first city is Scotland with the Lake District. Where most of the Gyms are is Northern England with North Wales. Then after that is Southern England and most of Wales before coming to London.
i feel as if the gear city is definitely a toss-up between Manchester and Edinburgh. the architecture seems much closer to Edinburgh than Manchester. of course, geographically it seems it would be closer to Manchester. but then, it seems odd that GameFreak would do a GB region and have it essentially be almost exclusively England with Wales and Scotland making practically cameos. that being said, i really don't know enough about cities in Britain to really care enough to argue about it anyways lol

I can see them reinventing gyms somewhat

As long as they address the complaints of previous Gen gyms and give us good puzzles and interaction with the leaders like they did with Trial Captain's ill be happy.

If this is going to be scene-to-scene, back-to-back copying of the original first movie, then I might as well watch the original. Pokemon Movies now are only one step away from having it's remakes done in all live action. Just look at Disney, it's a smack in the face with most of them. And yes, I do understand, it's nostalgia, it's for the new generation. But aren't the originals supposed to be timeless?

Last edited:
i feel as if the gear city is definitely a toss-up between Manchester and Edinburgh. the architecture seems much closer to Edinburgh than Manchester. of course, geographically it seems it would be closer to Manchester. but then, it seems odd that GameFreak would do a GB region and have it essentially be almost exclusively England with Wales and Scotland making practically cameos. that being said, i really don't know enough about cities in Britain to really care enough to argue about it anyways lol

If you think the North of England is given a good cut, then you should see Southern England and most of Wales. Most of it is frozen and snowed over. You would think with a British Pokemon game that they would start in the south, as that area is where most of the world focus goes to. But it seems as if Game Freak saw how left out the North of England and Scotland are that they decided to treat us by having all the good stuff, whilst leaving the south with nothing but mountains, snow and London. Lol

I live near Manchester, and I recognise the City Hall tower, the railway bridge and canal bridges, it even has the Science and Industry Museum as well as the National Football Museum. Not to mention having one of the first railway lines in the world linking Liverpool, as well as holding the Rainhill Trials in 1829 that had Stephenson's Rocket win and run along the line.

Northern England and North Wales is on the same boat of neglect from the south as Scotland is, so consider this our time to shine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom