• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been posted before, but more evolved Starter options...

2sGgMOJ.jpg

Gigamaxed lol

View attachment 119555

Hi, first time posting.

Do you think the hill figure is just a representation of dynamaxing instead of a legendary?

Wow... It's actually incredibly obvious now that you've pointed it out. Good catch :)
Although, it could still have an element of both - maybe it's a representation of the first Pokemon to Dynamax, which will likely be a Legendary?

Going by how the actual hill figures are exaggerated figures. I feel like whatever Pokemon it's trying to represent won't look like that.

I mean it could be a golduck for all we know.

View attachment 119555

Hi, first time posting.

Do you think the hill figure is just a representation of dynamaxing instead of a legendary?
I think like PamtreWN mentioned it's probably both. With the four little individuals being raiders/ trainers. And the Dynamaxed mon being a new legendary. Also I still think the fire breath/ cloud is an attack. Also now I feel like they'll do an event where we can only catch the legendary by doing dynamax raids (hopefully I have better luck finding raid partners than in GO)

View attachment 119555

Hi, first time posting.

I'm thinking specifically Max Raids, given the four figures at its feet. But it could be the legendary responsible for the phenomenon?

Too easy even if you didn't use Mega Evolutions or the Exp Share, Lysander being the lamest Pokemon villain yet and all around not even trying to keep his plans a secret from the public all culminating in destroying himself to take the player down with him.

Question: Was X and Y, Kalos really forgetful?
I would usually say yes but...

To be honest, the more I look at Galar, the more I start to value Kalos as a region. Like, yeah, Kalos is not my favourite region but... it's definitely better than I used to admit.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that what made me dislike Kalos, is not Kalos itself, but its human characters and soundtrack. I find the cast of characters (Gym Leaders, Pokémon League, Villain Team, etc.) and the soundtrack really bland. But when I actually tried to examine Kalos as a region in a vacuum, it's actually pretty darn good.

As for the games themselves: subjectivity, they are not my cup of tea; but objectively, XY are the most worthwhile initial pair of games, seeing how every other one was one-upped by a superior third version/sequel.

Last edited:
Well, after months of waiting for a new game thinking it would impress me as much as the Unova games, my reaction to playing XY was along the lines of "that's it?". The rivals were not memorable and extremely weak, Diantha is the weakest champion to date, Team Flare was pathetic, Lysandre was wasted, Xerneas and Yveltal were just... there, the music is not bad but nothing to write home about, Megas were underused, getting Pikachu shoved in my face again. I think that's all I can think at the moment.

I would usually say yes but...

To be honest, the more I look at Galar, the more I start to value Kalos as a region. Like, yeah, Kalos is not my favourite region but... it's definitely better than I used to admit. The more I think about it, the more I realize that what made me dislike Kalos, is not Kalos itself, but its human characters and soundtrack. I really hate the cast of characters and then soundtrack. But when I actually tried to examine Kalos as a region, in a vacuum, it's actually pretty darn good.

As for the games themselves: subjectivity, they are not my cup of tea; but objectively, XY are the most worthwhile initial pair of games, seeing how every other was one-upped by a superior third version/sequel.
Why is Galar helping you re-evaluate Kalos, if I may ask?

As for me, I’d somehow agree with the other posts. The story, characters, and use of the legendaries didn’t really resonate with me. Plus, the difficulty level. And I think the passage to 3D in the way they executed didn’t really help.

Why is Galar helping you re-evaluate Kalos, if I may ask?
Because Galar reminds me of Kalos a lot, in terms of climate, biomes, nature, even architecture in some instances.

And the more we see of Galar, the more I find myself thinking: "Hey, this reminds me of Kalos, except Kalos is better".

Kalos at least has some memorable locations that I genuinely like, like Azure Bay, Pokeball Factory, Laverre, and the entire coastal area. Galar looks kinda generic and doesn't convey any theme to me, unlike every previous Region.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom