• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the demo isn't the only part they show off, there's gotta be something major from Pokemon to show what else is different from the previous main series games.

I really hope the demo isn't the only part they show off, there's gotta be something major from Pokemon to show what else is different from the previous main series games.

They already shown a lot in the direct of past week, including something never seen before in a Pokémon game (the vast open area).

I do think they’ll show something at the direct, but I wouldn’t expect something completely innovative.

Damn. I missed people talking about their favorite rivals. Ah well. I'll say it anyways. Wally is my favorite rival (with Gladion not to far behind).
Now if only they could fix Wally's final battle* it would be perfect.

I'm still wondering why someone would design a cover like that.

And I’m salty that I missed the cake on my freaking birthday XD
This time it was not my fault. They tied me to a tree after last time...

*I'm talking about how the final battle against him is... random. So far no one knows what triggers it in the first place.

I simply replied to you out of courtesy and education, since you quoted me (not the other way around).

If you've read the entire discussion, other people already pointed out to me the exact same things you are telling me now, and I already replied to their arguments. So you are bringing literally nothing new to the discussion. And I am not telling you to drop it: I am suggesting it may be a good idea to not renew a heated discussion from 3 days ago, but it's up to you.

You simply can't do anything to stop some people from thinking and saying that, in their opinion, Game Freak are running out of good ideas. Just like I can't stop some people from thinking Dynamax is a top quality new idea.

It's not up to you or me what others think. You have no power over what opinions others express.

What is courteous about making a reply effectively telling me to stop replying? I quoted you because I had just read the conversation and joined in. You replied to me telling me to stop the argument... Which you could have achieved yourself by simply not replying to me at all if you wanted the topic dropped.

No, I cannot stop people from having their opinions, nor do I ever tell people they can't. I can however, inform people that the way they are expressing their opinions makes no sense and doesn't come off as an opinion at all, which is exactly what I did here. You can say "In my opinion, Gamefreak are running out of good ideas" as much as you want, it doesn't change the context of the words you chose. If someone said to me "Gamefreak are running out of ideas/good ideas" I can easily refute that by telling them they are wrong, and that the vast majority of people enjoy Gamefreak's ideas which also lead to very successful games, therefore Gamefreak haven't ran out of any good ideas at all, despite what they think. Now, if someone said to me "I hate/dislike this idea Gamefreak has implemented" That is what an actual opinion sounds like, and cannot be objectively refuted. There is a very clear difference, and that is why I, as well have others, point that out. The biggest issue with it though isn't that it is wrong, it is the fact that it just comes off as being arrogant, even if that isn't the intention of it. It really just sounds like "I don't like this, therefore, Gamefreak are clearly running out of ideas and don't know what they are doing." That is what those words sound like.

...And now, we wait for a moderator to get sick of this and tell us all to knock it off. XD

Now we know Lusamine's favorite pokemon aside from Nihilego, inspiring Lillie's braids.

What is courteous about making a reply effectively telling me to stop replying?
That's not what happened. I replied to your post, and then at the end (after replying), I suggested that we drop the discussion. I was very polite, in fact.
I quoted you because I had just read the conversation and joined in. You replied to me telling me to stop the argument...
Why did you feel the urge to quote me, only to tell me exactly what 3 other users already told me? Did it not occur to you that you were making the discussion go in circles?
Which you could have achieved yourself by simply not replying to me at all if you wanted the topic dropped.
I thought it would've been rude to act as if I hadn't noticed your post. So I answered, and politely suggested that we dropped the discussion, precisely because it is going in circles. If you prefer it, I will just ignore you next time (y)
No, I cannot stop people from having their opinions, nor do I ever tell people they can't. I can however, inform people that the way they are expressing their opinions makes no sense and doesn't come off as an opinion at all, which is exactly what I did here. You can say "In my opinion, Gamefreak are running out of good ideas" as much as you want, it doesn't change the context of the words you chose. If someone said to me "Gamefreak are running out of ideas/good ideas" I can easily refute that by telling them they are wrong, and that the vast majority of people enjoy Gamefreak's ideas which also lead to very successful games, therefore Gamefreak haven't ran out of any good ideas at all, despite what they think. Now, if someone said to me "I hate/dislike this idea Gamefreak has implemented" That is what an actual opinion sounds like, and cannot be objectively refuted. There is a very clear difference, and that is why I, as well have others, point that out.
And that's where you are wrong. Whenever someone says "Game Freak are running out of good ideas" it is always from the perspective of whoever is making the claim. So they are not wrong for saying it. It's just an opinion.
There is a very clear difference, and that is why I, as well have others, point that out. The biggest issue with it though isn't that it is wrong, it is the fact that it just comes off as being arrogant, even if that isn't the intention of it. It really just sounds like "I don't like this, therefore, Gamefreak are clearly running out of ideas and don't know what they are doing." That is what those words sound like.
I think correcting (thought policing) other people's personal opinions comes off a lot more arrogant, though. And that's what you guys are doing.

Also, beneath the fire/smoke that the hill figure is breathing there are 3 lightening bolts. And above the dynamaxed Pokémon there are always 3 clouds floating. Could be a connection!

Its a little over 3 hours until the direct, I believe?

I'm looking forward to it! (Well, most of it- my feelings on Fire Emblem are pretty negative and they're bound to cover it, so that's gonna be boring for me. Fingers crossed for more Pokemon info and that Animal Crossing news everyone's hoping for though!)

If that new leak is to be believed, Wooloo might be the early route mammal, which would be interesting- we've never had something quite so big fill that role before. It also makes more sense as the early route mammal than the potential chipmunk, to me, because the chipmunk's line sounds like it already has a different gimmick and is more akin to a Pokemon like Crabrawler. I guess I could see Wooloo evolving into something Stoutland-esque?

It'll be interesting to see what they offer for the playable demo, too- my most optimistic E3 prediction would be that we get a little more information in the Direct itself, a Treehouse demo that shows an early part of the story and some more early route Pokemon ala what we got for SuMo a couple years ago, and a demo that shows off a different part of the game play, (my guess is the wild area). My more pessimistic expectations are that we get no Direct screen time and the Treehouse folks just play the same demo that's on the showfloor, but even then we're likely to see something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom