• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting more and more votes for battle frontier, nice! Maybe we'll be surprised and SW/SH has a battle frontier after all. Let me dream, okay

I just realised something, and I know this is out of subject as I can't find the right forum... but In Pokemon Platinum, when Gardenia said at the villa''what if there's a Grass-Type Ghost Pokemon. What then?'' I think she's referring to is Mow Rotom at the Old Chateau.
That's....kind of absolutely not related to Sword/Shield?

Getting more and more votes for battle frontier, nice! Maybe we'll be surprised and SW/SH has a battle frontier after all. Let me dream, okay

That's....kind of absolutely not related to Sword/Shield?
I know, that's why I said it's out of subject. I can't find where to post it.

I was hoping that Sword and Shield would use the brighter colouring for the 3D models that debuted in the 'Let's Go' games... That doesn't appear to be the case based on game footage thus far, which I'm really disappointed by.

Attachments

• proxy.duckduckgo.png
    proxy.duckduckgo.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Staryu-Pokemon-Lets-Go.png
    Staryu-Pokemon-Lets-Go.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 46
SwSh Pokémon models are the same shit we've been seeing ever since XY except more polished with every new game.

LGPE on the other hand, felt graphically fresh to me, probably because the models don't have outlines.

Either way, it's a matter of personal taste. I just hope future hypothetical Let's Go games follow LGPE in the no outlines regard.

Last edited:
I was hoping that Sword and Shield would use the brighter colouring for the 3D models that debuted in the 'Let's Go' games... That doesn't appear to be the case based on game footage thus far, which I'm really disappointed by.
Actually sw/sh brought back vibrant colours. Let's go ones look brighter because the lighting is unreal/plastic. What I mean is that It's not the colours but the lighting.

P.S. I think we might be getting the middle evolutions of the starters soon:
English Google Translate

Hibunny? I realize this is Google Translate, but I like that name. :giggle:

Has Staryu appeared in any Sword and Shield material yet or is that a comparison of Let’s Go and something else?

Last edited:
I reaaaaalllyyyyyyy wanted to make this post easier to read by bolding certain parts of the text, but for some reason none of my text options work (e.g. Bold, Italics, Underline, Choose Smilies). I asked about this before but I got ignored :( Not sure why they're not working anymore, sorry. Maybe it's not working for anybody?
Hey, I may be able to help you. I think if non of your text options are working, you may need to click on the last one of them (the one that is shaped like a gear).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom