• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to participate in the survey, but I guess that they don't accept answers in English: "I would like to know that all of the missing Pokemon will be added to the games via free patches. I would also like to see better looking new Pokemon, preferably based on animals that haven't been used before. As it is, I am not interested in the games."

Oh wow! I wonder how soon they are talking about. Sun and Moon waited so long before revealing the middle evolutions that I thought it was just a usual thing. I am really interested to see what direction these evolutions go, so we can finally have a real idea on what we are working with for the starter Pokemon.

Looking back in time, Gen 7's starters were revealed about a month before, and same with Gen 6's. It definitely breaks up that pattern if they reveal them early this gen.

While evolutions do always leave a nice hype thing to have towards the end of the marketing campaign, I think I actually kind of like the idea of having them earlier. Then I can focus less on the starters and start putting more attention into the other Pokemon.
There was also one of the reliable leaks (forget which one, I believe it was one of the smaller ones that predicted the E3 stuff) that said starter final evolutions were being released in August, if we get the 2nd stage in July then this could further cement the possible pattern of early starter evo reveals

I tried to participate in the survey, but I guess that they don't accept answers in English: "I would like to know that all of the missing Pokemon will be added to the games via free patches. I would also like to see better looking new Pokemon, preferably based on animals that haven't been used before. As it is, I am not interested in the games."
The best way could be to either google translate, or maybe someone who knows Japanese could write up a message representative of our sentiments which could be copy-pasted on the survey.

That was a fun questionnaire to take.

One of use could do it, does it let you take it more than once?

Q9. Please tell us what kind of information you would like to know about "Pokemon Sword Shield" from now on. This question is VERY interesting. Looks like they will probably end up releasing lots of new information about the games (just like the run up to SuMo) if a lot of people want this.
I really hope they don't just reveal every single available thing from the game in all the promotions just because people want more information. I was really disappointed with USUM when I found out that there was hardly anything new that wasn't revealed in the promotions leading up to the game's release.

There should be at least some stuff reserved for players to find out for themselves.

At this point, I don’t see them holding much information back since they need to re-convince and entice a lot of people to buy the games.

And their marketing style hasn’t changed much from SM anyway, so I’d stay clear from the forums if I wanted to avoid being completely spoiled. GameFreak would need to go all out to try to extinguish the PR disaster, though (I hope) nothing makes it die down.

At this point, I don’t see them holding much information back since they need to re-convince and entice a lot of people to buy the games.

And their marketing style hasn’t changed much from SM anyway, so I’d stay clear from the forums if I wanted to avoid being completely spoiled. GameFreak would need to go all out to try to extinguish the PR disaster, though (I hope) nothing makes it die down.
Exactly this. Expect 90-95% of the games to be spoiled before they release ESPECIALLY because they have an uphill battle to fight. Like you said, they need to re-convince people to buy the games after all.

Exactly this. Expect 90-95% of the games to be spoiled before they release ESPECIALLY because they have an uphill battle to fight. Like you said, they need to re-convince people to buy the games after all.

I doubt they'll actually go and increase the amount of to-be-revealed content by any significant amount. I would think that part of their reason for telling us about Dexit when they did was so that it would fall on the earlier end of the promotional cycle, with lots of news and reveals already loaded in the chamber and ready to drown it out in the following months.

Besides, it's not like there's much they can actually do about it on Sword & Shield's end right now. The games are likely pretty close to complete, and this issue isn't even directly related to them because it's about importing content from other games, rather than anything actually in Sword & Shield. It's more of a peripheral problem that they'll have to address when they get to talking more about Pokémon Home. My guess would be that they don't want to say anything concrete about a patch right now because they're maybe not sure what's feasible in what sort of timespans, and Home is still half a year out from release anyway. There's still time to gauge the actual reception to Sword & Shield and to Home itself.

Whew, the questionaire was actually a decent practise for my Japanese skills and a harsh reminder that I'm still slow at reading katakana. Gg, me.

On another note, I don't mind if 95% of the game is revealed before it releases. I absolutely understand the people who don't want the game spoiled for them (I am like that for other games, where I care about the story or things like that, so I get you, really) but to be fair, nobody's forcing them to keep their eyes on the revealed things. For example, I didn't play any gen 7 game up until February this year but I was still as active as before in Pokémon circles (albeit as lurker/reader only) and I still, quite some time after release and despite the "spoiling of the games" could go in mostly blind. I knew it's trials and not gyms, knew some Alola variants, maybe like a couple of Pokémon from the looks but whatsoever it was playing it super blind.
Sure, one might get spoiled a bit here and there, but in general, if you just avoid the real "spoilish" places, even with a flood of news it's still very possible to be active in the franchise's circles and still go into the game pretty much blind, without moving into some old hut in the middle of the woods to stay away from civilisation until release.

And really, I'd understand if they flooded us with well-presented news to try and make people buy their games despite. I'm just not sure how well that'd work in changing the minds of people who are already set on not buying, but I guess that's to be seen.

I used Google Translate and still got an error. Maybe they think I've already submitted it once, which I haven't.

Y'all what if Eldegoss evolved into something like this:

[Instagram post]
How dare you show us fanmade evolutions that just make us disappointed if the actual ones can't keep up? How mean of you. xD

Honestly, though, that kind of evolution would make me reconsider and actually give it a chance in my team, for now it's just not on my favs list. Such an evolution could honestly change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom