• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juztiz

Pronounced like "justice"
Reaction score
This one, in Japanese. Here's a breakdown of the questions. Q9 is the only open ended question, and for that I'd recommend using simple English.
Not to be this person (although I totally will be) but if they specifically made a Japanese survey in only Japanese with no translated version I'm not entirely sure they would really consider non-Japanese answers. (Not sure if that's true, but it'd make sense to not consider non-Japanese answers...although I'm not sure if that only applies to Q9, or if they actually have some way to filter out all the responses related to an English response or even non-Japanese IP address.)

Cainhxrst

Reaction score
have they done a questionnaire for any other main series release? It's super interesting to me that they're doing one this time around

Last edited:

prog rocker

Reaction score
What do you mean? What happened there?
They made a Japanese survey asking what series you would like to see adapted into a Warriors game. The Westerners got wind of it and wanted to take part in that, but since tastes in both sides are different it degenerated into a flame war.

Apparently, the winner was Pretty Cure, which caused even more problems.

Juztiz

Pronounced like "justice"
Reaction score
They made a Japanese survey asking what series you would like to see adapted into a Warriors game. The Westerners got wind of it and wanted to take part in that, but since tastes in both sides are different it degenerated into a flame war.

....now that I think about it, Precure as a Warriors game would be the first Warriors game I'd play. "The Westerners got wind of it and wanted to take part in that" is literally what we're doing, though

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
While I do hope so, I also wouldn't get my hopes up. As far as Game Freak is concerned, anything can be added or taken away for any given game.
Ehh I wouldn’t be so pessimistic. GameFreak have always been able to give or take any feature they want, nothing has really changed. Just bc they made one decision to revoke something, doesn’t mean they’re going to start cutting every feature possible just for the heck of it.

Champion Cynthia

Champion of Sinnoh
Reaction score

Japan is a biased country that wants to keep their traditions. Remember Sakoku?

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Uh....pretty sure a game company wanting to focus on their local audience instead of an international audience is not the same as a restrictive government policy forcing citizens to remain in the country...

Hunter Talon

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with it, however I do see it ended in 1853. You realize how long ago that is, right?

Even if we were to accept it as still relevant to Japanese culture, for most countries there's plenty of similarly bad stuff in the past.

geebraprint

Reaction score
Let's not turn this into a debate on Japan. It's very likely that since there is no international/Not-in-Japanese version of this questionnaire, they will only really look at answers in Japanese. That just makes sense. If they want to know the opinions of people outside Japan, there would be questionnaires on the other language Pokémon sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.