• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it's ok to make fun of someone's example just because you don't think it's fitting? That's kinda rude, don't you think? Especially since you weren't part of the conversation and just bumped into it.

My example does make sense for anybody who understands the n1 premise of Communism and Marxism: namely, that everybody should earn the same, regardless of their individual merits and capabilities.
There is clearly a double standard going on here. If I actually made the Hitler comment, you're telling me you wouldn't comment? You would be fine with it and think it was a perfectly valid comment? No, you wouldn't. You would think it was silly and needed correcting, or even if you yourself didn't comment, then you would like the comment that did reply.

Last edited:
It's really not very hard to see when someone has no idea what they are talking about. You missed the premise of the poll and started making all kinds of excuses to justify why it's better than the reddit poll because you liked the results better. How old are you?

Even if the Japanese one is better, which is what I think, both are not valid. The Japanese poll is only conducted by the Japanese and thus that poll is also not generalisable. It's just that the Japanese poll has a much larger sample and is probably more professional. Also, there's no paywall behind creating multiple emails. Do not try to make me believe that the Reddit one isn't full of flaws.

There is clearly a double standard going on here. If I actually made the Hitler comment, you're telling me you wouldn't comment? You would be fine with it and think it was a perfectly valid comment? No, you wouldn't.
I actually would be totally fine with you using a hyperbolic example with Hitler. Because I know what context and hyperbole mean, and it's perfectly ok if you use them.
You would think it was silly and needed correcting, or if you yourself didn't comment, then you would like the comment that did reply.
That's actually something I never do. I think it is very rude when someone likes a post who is making fun of someone else.

Last edited:
No one is saying anything is wrong with Gen 1 Pokemon. They're just asking for some of the attention to be given to other generations because it receives significantly more special treatment than other generations, even for being the most iconic.

You may not be, and fair enough for you.

But I, as a person who hasn't played since Diamond/Pearl on an emulator, and who only follows Pokemon for the new designs, keep encountering this whinging. Perhaps it's because I'm less invested than you are, which is why I don't care which is shown to be in game and which is not, but the source of the pandering is the company that all of you are supporting. Online, you really wouldn't know that Gen 1 is loved when the majority of comments are always negative about pandering. It's tiring and repetitive as I said earlier.

I've been delighted with the response on more casual sites like reddit to the games. Game Freak has been coasting for far too long and heaven forbid, even asking existential questions like: "Wait a minute, why do we allow them to sell us the same game 4 times in 1 generation when we could have just ONE game?"

Isn't it about time to make your presence known? Standards are far too low for Pokemon/Game Freak than they should be.

I stand by my example, and I think the correlation is deeper than you realize.

1ab537.jpg

Sarcasm, of course...

YES, I WOULD. Because I know what context and hyperbole mean, and it's perfectly ok if you use them.
Oh, so now I don't know what context and hyperbole are? Here we go again. If you want to talk about hyperbole, then you admit that you're example was greatly exaggerated, since you say you know what hyperbole means. So...what the hell was even the point of this conversation if you know what you did in the first place?

Did that interview/article from pages back where they were talking to Masuda really say we might be seeing the starter evolutions sometime in the next few months? I'm really looking forward to seeing what the middle stages look like- I'm torn now between Scorbunny and Sobble and am hoping that seeing some evolutions will help me decide. I know that things can and often do change direction between the 2nd and 3rd stages, but they can at least sometimes give you an idea of what to expect from the final evolution. Also, Intelleon sounds like it has the potential to be really cool....

You may not be, and fair enough for you.

But I, as a person who hasn't played since Diamond/Pearl on an emulator, and who only follows Pokemon for the new designs, keep encountering this whinging. Perhaps it's because I'm less invested than you are, which is why I don't care which is shown to be in game and which is not, but the source of the pandering is the company that all of you are supporting. Online, you really wouldn't know that Gen 1 is loved when the majority of comments are always negative about pandering. It's tiring and repetitive as I said earlier.

I've been delighted with the response on more casual sites like reddit to the games. Game Freak has been coasting for far too long and heaven forbid, even asking existential questions like: "Wait a minute, why do we allow them to sell us the same game 4 times in 1 generation when we could have just ONE game?"

Isn't it about time to make your presence known? Standards are far too low for Pokemon/Game Freak than they should be.
You're the first example of the type of people I was seeing on reddit/4chan previously that I've noticed here. If you've been disenchanted for the franchise this long, why insist on sticking around on forums just for the purpose of validating your decision to not play the games? Just because people don't like the Gen 1 pandering, it doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of good things about the games that outweigh that and make it worth purchasing. In my case, LGPE crossed the line where I decided not to buy it. People are allowed to point out issues and still purchase the game. You may not think they're worth it, but it's not fair to say people shouldn't support the franchise if they have any problem with it whatsoever. There are probably additional reasons you don't play any recent games that others don't agree with and still believe they are worth it.

Oh, so now I don't know what context and hyperbole are? Here we go again.
You said that, not me.
If you want to talk about hyperbole, then you admit that you're example was greatly exaggerated, since you say you know what hyperbole means.
Yes, I intentionally used a hyperbole to illustrate an example. There is nothing wrong with that. And it certainly doesn't mean the example is bad.

I propose we drop this discussion. And also, I kindly suggest that you don't make fun of someone's example, especially when you are not directly involved in the conversation.

Maybe some people think bringing back the National Dex will delay the games. Or maybe they just want to be contrarian or defend GF and show they are the "true fans".
Some of us actually WANT there to be a delay. I wish GF would take a little more time on their games in general. I'd be perfectly fine if I had to wait an extra year for a game with BETTER QUALITY.

I'm not on the side of protecting Game Freak. Do I think spamming their Twitter is the moral thing to do? No. But is it gonna get the message across? Hopefully. I just don't like them pumping out games for the sake of having one every year.

You said that, not me.

Yes, Unused s hyperbole to illustrate an example. There is nothing wrong with
DUDE! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME! I lol'd at your post because I found it greatly exagerrated and silly. Now I come to find out that yes, you DID think your post was an exagerration. So why the heck were you getting all defensive and arguing with me for?

I don't trust middle stage evolutions anymore ever since Samurott ruined Dewott for me D: Torracat was also misleading.

I don’t think they can nor should they delay the games for the sake of the Nat dex. Their current release date near Black Friday is important for sales (not that they wouldn’t sell great anyway). The better solution as I’ve said (though I doubt it will happen) would be [free] DLC. And then from here I hope they take their time and don’t feel pressured to release a new title every year like they’ve been doing.

I don’t think they can nor should they delay the games for the sake of the Nat dex. Their current release date near Black Friday is important for sales (not that they wouldn’t sell great anyway). The better solution as I’ve said (though I doubt it will happen) would be [free] DLC. And then from here I hope they take their time and don’t feel pressured to release a new title every year like they’ve been doing.
There is no way they can delay the games anyway. The games are tied with the anime and the trading cards. You delay one, then you're going to have to delay at least one other thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom