• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
With a new generation announcement comes a fresh new thread. Please discuss and speculate on the newly announced Gen 8 games here.
-
Note:
  • We'd rather you not post links to 4chan or its archives so we're not sending users to sites that clash with our policies. Screenshots are okay, assuming the content aligns with our rules and standards. Screenshots or imgur links are fine.
  • Please remember to keep larger images under spoiler tags for people with slower connections.
  • If possible, please summarize videos you post. This is more for the convenience of people on slower connections, as well as anyone not wanting to sift through clickbait or irrelevant information.

Last edited:
I wonder if armor will be the new mechanic for this generation.

Look at the pose, at the teeth, at the yellow spot in the ears. The only starters we really believed. They were clearly very well done.

Some thought:
Proceding with moderate excitement. Everything looks beautiful, aaaaaaah, I'm happy. A bit worried by the linearity of the map and the apparent lack of diversity in ecosystems, though. The logos are terrible... And why remove such a loved feature like the Pokémon following you? I'll be livid if they remove Amie too... But I'm glad they removed the overworld encounters, I hated it. It's sad to see how the ingame models take so much personality away from the Pokémon... At first I wasn't feeling the starters that much (but to be fair, I almost never pick them either way) but the official art is so adorable!!! Also a bit concerned with the legendaries situation. Making them based off of Romulus and Remulus would be really cool, like someone suggested!

My prediction for the starters' final typings:
Fire/electric for the rabit (the wording on the vídeo implied it, imo)
Grass/fighting or grass/ground for the monkey (or grass/fairy, the stick could be like a magic wand because it made the grass grow)
Water/psychic for the lizard (the whole camouflage/Messing with your perception thing)

so what do we think of the building on the right:

9.jpg

Fully-scaled complex with multiple rooms, or a box with a glorified exterior just like SM's buildings?

Negativity aside for a moment, I do think the region map looks fun

Some thought:
Proceding with moderate excitement. Everything looks beautiful, aaaaaaah, I'm happy. A bit worried by the linearity of the map and the apparent lack of diversity in ecosystems, though. The logos are terrible... And why remove such a loved feature like the Pokémon following you? I'll be livid if they remove Amie too... But I'm glad they removed the overworld encounters, I hated it. It's sad to see how the ingame models take so much personality away from the Pokémon... At first I wasn't feeling the starters that much (but to be fair, I almost never pick them either way) but the official art is so adorable!!! Also a bit concerned with the legendaries situation. Making them based off of Romulus and Remulus would be really cool, like someone suggested!

Grass/fighting or grass/ground for the monkey (or grass/fairy, the stick could be like a magic wand because it made the grass grow)
Water/psychic for the lizard (the whole camouflage/Messing with your perception thing)
Delphox passed the baton...litterally XD

Some thought:

I was slightly apprehensive about the starters too but the 2D artwork changed that. Now I love Scorbunny and Sobble. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom