• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no nooooo, silly. D8 Not Kanto- Sinnoh!

I did get Sinnoh Underground vibes from it, sort of like 'ohhhh the underground could look more like THAT in a remake!!' but I'll be honest, I chalked it up to personal nostalgia because of how badly I want Sinnoh remakes. It will be fun once the games are out to look for more deliberate references, I'd really love to go to a Sinnoh with graphics like Galar's...

I think that gyms are like the national sport? Maybe every gym specializes in a different sport but all you do is basically battle.
From what It looks like the starters are based on Baseball. Don't know why on earth they would choose baseball but hey...
View attachment 116286

I was wondering about Sobble's posing. This makes a lot of sense, especially with how they were introduced. I like how it showed off what each type was strong against, with fire burning the grass, and water putting out the fire. Then grass just starts tapping a stick, threatening to beat poor water up. There's no good visualization for it being better haha. It was also tapping a rock, which grass is also effective against, so that was cute.

Last edited:
Guys! I think Grookey might be a musician It's french name is oistempo, tempo. And it wacked it's stick on a rock like a conductor's wand. Plus it's name does sound like groovy
Yess pleaseee I want my child to grow up and be an amazing conductor/something musical based

Sigh I only wish this would happen

Last edited:
Ah sorry, I panic when I feel Kanto references...what was the red/blue/green thing supposed to mean?
In the Sinnoh Underground, you would dig stones out of the walls, as well as fossils and other items- the three most common stones that you would find were red, blue, and green. Also pale stones, which were the same color as those light pinkish/purple ones on the right.

Yess pleaseee I want my child to grow up and be an amazing conductor.

Sigh I only wish this would happen
Yeah It could be a drummer. But considering the other two have no references to music, it's hard to find a shared theme. Maybe they are simply based on professions, who knows. Right now I'm going with baseball.

I think that gyms are like the national sport? Maybe every gym specializes in a different sport but all you do is basically battle.
From what It looks like the starters are based on Baseball. Don't know why on earth they would choose baseball but hey...
View attachment 116286
Why would they do that? Baseball is a very american sport. It doesn't quite make sense in a UK based region.

Why would they do that? Baseball is a very american sport. It doesn't quite make sense in a UK based region.
As I said I don't know...that's the most convincing theme I read about and if I have to be honest, right now, it works...Maybe they just liked sports for gen 8.

800px-Saimiri_sciureus-1_Luc_Viatour.jpg

We definitely seem to have an origin for Grookey.

View attachment 116286

You could be right, but after watching the trailer again and reading the descriptions on the Poke'site.

I think its possible that it could be a retread of the RPG classes:
Grookey with his wood styled stick making the grass grow reminds me of Fennekin's line, only Grass instead of Fire.
Scorbunny blitzing around the place like Sonic... uh oh... please no...
Sobble being all stealthy and camouflaged in the water.

Have to see the evos to confirm, I'd honestly rather a different theme especially if it spares Scorbunny the fate of Fighting type. Can't lie, it would fit these games as much as it did Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom