• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just read up on a interesting speculation on the Resetera Forums about the idea that Galar's shape is themed after a sword, and possibly there's another piece of the region that is more akin to the shape of a shield, but is hidden somewhere. Pretty interesting if that ends up happening.

PjZbrrd_d.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I realize that this could be one heck of a boring leak season if Game Freak really have upped their game on preventing them.
So far, it seems so. I guess we’ll have to see how it goes.

I think that we are. They wouldn't create an umbrella term if only one region has them.

I hope so.

I am just saying it now:

I think Galar has the most potential for a sequel with an expansion to the region. Imagine more towns, routes etc. around the snowy mountains and above the big city on the north and maybe Ireland. And right now I don't think Galar is that small as I previously thought. When I compare the Galar map with the Unova map, then it could be actually big.

I didn’t even realise until watching the trailer how much I missed random encounters. I’m so pleased that they are back. The mystery of which Pokémon are available in each route is such a huge part of the series for me. I also thought the sort of zombie-like behaviour of the wild Pokémon in LGPE, not to mention the red or blue swirls around them, made the world feel less alive, not more. I thought the occasional over-world Pokémon appearance in SM/USUM was such a treat, you know? Like “AW COOL A MAGMAR!” and not... “oh another Magmar”

Regarding Pokémon following you, I’m actually ok with the idea of it not returning. For me, the novelty wore off pretty quickly in LGPE - maybe that was because it was not so well executed though. The disappearing into and reappearing from the Pokéball thing was weird.

For the record, I enjoyed LGPE... I had bled SM/USUM dry long before so any Pokémon game would’ve been welcomed by me. But my oh my oh my am I pleased that Sword and Shield don’t look like the Let’s Go games. There was a very small but very real part of me quite concerned at the idea of the aesthetics from LGPE being carried over into Gen 8.

In my opinion, Sword and Shield look beautiful. Love the look of the protags, love the varied surroundings, love the starters.

Top of my wish list at the moment is more regional variants and a bunch of side quests. Please Game Freak... give me side quests.

Oh, and do you guys think ribbons will be programmed into the game?

Just read up on a interesting speculation on the Resetera Forums about the idea that Galar's shape is themed after a sword, and possibly there's another piece of the region that is more akin to the shape of a shield, but is hidden somewhere. Pretty interesting if that ends up happening.

PjZbrrd_d.jpg
Ireland

PjZbrrd_d.jpg

Don't set up your hopes too high.

If there was an additional region planned, we'd see it on the artwork.

You're going full UnvovaAirport again...

I really wanted an Spanish region:cry::cry: I'll have to wait 3 more years to complete my dream, Galar looks cool but to similar to Kalos, it would be cool to have an African region (yes, I said I wanted Spain but it's because it's my country XD)

By the way, this is my first post but I've been reading since December 2017 aprox

Well consider that Ohmori said they wanted to make this game the best of the franchise. He also said that they're trying new things...but we didn't see any? I mean, yeah, there's a slim upgrade from s/m graphics, but what else?

Well consider that Ohmori said they wanted to make this game the best of the franchise. He also said that they're trying new things...but we didn't see any? I mean, yeah, there's a slim upgrade from s/m graphics, but what else?
We're going to have to wait and see. That will most likely be revealed later.

Have a little patience lol. It was just the reveal trailer of a game still in progress.

PjZbrrd_d.jpg

A nice surprise is if an island shaped like Ireland is included and resembles a shield.

Have a little patience lol. It was just the reveal trailer of a game still in progress.
That was my point. The only thing we can judge are the art style, which looks great and the graphics, which don't. Apart from these we don't know what the games will be like cause we don't know why they consider these the best games and what new things they added.

Didn't get around to posting yesterday, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far~ All starters look great, graphics are nice (I'm loving that cave)~ Not too impressed with the female trainer's design, though, so for once, I'm actually hoping we get some Customization, LOL~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom