• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, there’s a poster with Pokémon from the upcoming movie in pair, with two Mewtwo paired with a black oval figure to hide the Pokémon behind it....but there’s a text in katakana saying ‘Armored Mewtwo’. You can find it on resetera.

Edit: here’s the link to the pic.

D0g5y5aXcAY08Ec.jpg:large

I know we already talked about this, but Pokemon has hidden their gimmick in the Pokemon logo the past two generations. In pokemon x&y, you had the marble with DNA for mega evolution, and you had a crystal in the pokemon logo for sun&moon. That was obviously referring to z-moves. Now in Sword&Shield, you see this red and blue circle thing. I think it's safe to say that whatever that thing is, it's this region's gimmick.

I'm not sure about the lion, just because we just had a lion legendary, but I think a dragon and a unicorn would be some great contestants. It's been since what, gen 5 or something since we got a Legendary Trio that wasn't connected to the Box Legends. I would really love to see a Unicorn based legendary. If I remember correctly Keldeo is kind of a Unicorn, but he's also pretty short for a Unicorn Pokemon, and he's also a Mythical. I want to see a really tall and majestic unicorn legendary, glowing with a flowing long mane.

Apparently, there’s a poster with Pokémon from the upcoming movie in pair, with two Mewtwo paired with a black oval figure to hide the Pokémon behind it....but there’s a text in katakana saying ‘Armored Mewtwo’. You can find it on resetera.

Edit: here’s the link to the pic.

D0g5y5aXcAY08Ec.jpg:large

there's a trailer of the movie mewtwo tonight so wait to see

Look...it’s a stadium/arena. What a coincidence.

Also, Mewtwo seems to have two different armored evolution. While it might be a stretched they might be Sword/offensive based and Shield/defensive based.

If that happens (and I’m not saying it will) there might be some connection with the new games.

Last edited:
Pokemon Champions by gender

Gen 1: Blue (Male)
Gen 2: Lance (Male)
Gen 3: Steven/Wallace (Males)
Gen 4: Cynthia (Female)
Gen 5: Alder (Male), Iris (Female)
Gen 6: Diantha: (Female)
Gen 7: Professor Kukui/ Hau/ Sun (Males), Moon (Female)

Males: 8, Females: 4

The next Champion for Galar will probably be female.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love for there to be a majestic as hell Unicorn Pokémon to symbolise Scotland :love: a lot of people don’t know that it’s the national animal for our country. I’m obviously biased but I think as far as national animals go, a unicorn is a pretty bad ass one!

Even though the little band of lakes on the region map are most likely based on the Lake District in Northern England, I’d also love if there was a three-stage evolution Pokémon you can find there, based on the Loch Ness Monster.

I can’t stop thinking about these games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom