• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well that confirms it as a 1:1 remake. And oh my goodness do Ash and Co. look like toys. Disturbing.

Probably all we might get from this movie is a special armored Mewtwo cross promotion in-game like Ash-Greninja. But maybe not even that much considering the armor just focused and restrained its power.

We are definitely not looking at a new armor mechanic here.

Then again, Zeraora was still found in the data in USUM after they were released.

Meltan on the other hand wasn't and was only in Go prior to the release of LGPE. That's like saying Munchlax and Bonsly were gen III pokemon because they were in XD.
Not really? Meltan is in a main series game. Munchlax and Bonsly were not.

Then again, Zeraora was still found in the data in USUM after they were released.

Meltan on the other hand wasn't and was only in Go prior to the release of LGPE. That's like saying Munchlax and Bonsly were gen III pokemon because they were in XD.

I'm still hoping for all of Ireland just to be a post game region.
But their Dex numbers were 807 and 808 respectfully

No way this guy doesn't make a cameo.

Attachments

• 230px-XY_Wikstrom.png
    230px-XY_Wikstrom.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 57
Isn't Game Freak doing something Eevee related, like keychain or something? I can't remember. But it showed the last one being silhouetted, as if a new Eeveelution is going to be revealed for this Gen.

Isn't Game Freak doing something Eevee related, like keychain or something? I can't remember. But it showed the last one being silhouetted, as if a new Eeveelution is going to be revealed for this Gen.
That keychain was already revealed. It didn't have anything new.

View attachment 116339
Now do you see the similarities with the map?

Not sure where you found that map of the UK though... that’s not where the Shetland Islands are.

I think there probably is something to the whole ‘Galar is the UK upside down’ idea but I’d be reluctant to say that that any of the cities are directly influenced by real world counterparts other than the obvious London one.

The large city beside the lakes, for example, looks to be a city influenced by the UKs industrial revolution in general and possibly to a lesser extent, steam punk, as opposed to being directly based on Manchester.

Not sure where you found that map of the UK though... that’s not where the Shetland Islands are.

I think there probably is something to the whole ‘Galar is the UK upside down’ idea but I’d be reluctant to say that that any of the cities are directly influenced by real world counterparts other than the obvious London one.

The large city beside the lakes, for example, looks to be a city influenced by the UKs industrial revolution in general and possibly to a lesser extent, steam punk, as opposed to being directly based on Manchester.
Manchester was well known as an industrial hub back in the Victorian period. The first city on the map does have the same city hall tower as in Manchester. It also has similar bridges. Manchester is also home to the Museum of Science and Industry, National Museum of Football, and was one of the first places in the world to have a train station and line connecting Manchester to Liverpool. The same line in 1829 also held the Rainhill Trials where Stephenson's Rocket won and ran along.

Birmingham, the second city has a lot of canals, and the tower is similar to the BT Tower.

Last edited:
Well that confirms it as a 1:1 remake. And oh my goodness do Ash and Co. look like toys. Disturbing.

Probably all we might get from this movie is a special armored Mewtwo cross promotion in-game like Ash-Greninja. But maybe not even that much considering the armor just focused and restrained its power.

We are definitely not looking at a new armor mechanic here.

Not really? Meltan is in a main series game. Munchlax and Bonsly were not.
I don't know. It's early to judge. I mean it looks like a 1:1 remake but if there's something new in it we will not see it till April like always. So let's wait and see, not really interested in this movie anyway XD Detective Pikachu on the other hand....

Manchester was well known as an industrial hub back in the Victorian period. The first city on the map does have the same city hall tower as in Manchester. It also has similar bridges. Manchester is also home to the Museum of Science and Industry, National Museum of Football, and was one of the first places in the world to have a train station and line connecting Manchest to Liverpool. The same line in 1829 also held the Rainhill Trials where Stephenson's Rocket won and ran along.

Birmingham, the second city has a lot of canals, and the tower is similar to the BT Tower.

I know. I’m from the UK too and I’ve visited Manchester more times than I’d care to count.

Clock towers and bridges like that are found all over the UK. Leeds has just as significant a canal system as Birmingham. Glasgow has just as significant an industrial past as Manchester does. There is a rail link literally 5 minutes from my home town on the west coast of Scotland that pre-dates any rail link in the North West of England.

See my point? The inspiration has no doubt been drawn from all over the UK. It’s only the London inspired city which is truly irrefutable.

I’m not arguing with you or downplaying your opinion - but that’s all it is. Opinion.

I don't know. It's early to judge. I mean it looks like a 1:1 remake but if there's something new in it we will not see it till April like always. So let's wait and see, not really interested in this movie anyway XD Detective Pikachu on the other hand....
Well, same Pokémon, same characters, same scenes, same outfits-- it would have to be one heck of a subtle twist to not ruin the film by shoehorning something in that doesn't belong there.

Well, same Pokémon, same characters, same scenes, same outfits-- it would have to be one heck of a subtle twist to not ruin the film by shoehorning something in that doesn't belong there.
The plot is 100% the same. I'm talking about new pokemon or new mechanic...

I know. I’m from the UK too and I’ve visited Manchester more times than I’d care to count.

Clock towers and bridges like that are found all over the UK. Leeds has just as significant a canal system as Birmingham. Glasgow has just as significant an industrial past as Manchester does. There is a rail link literally 5 minutes from my home town on the west coast of Scotland that pre-dates any rail link in the North West of England.

See my point? The inspiration has no doubt been drawn from all over the UK. It’s only the London inspired city which is truly irrefutable.

I’m not arguing with you or downplaying your opinion - but that’s all it is. Opinion.
The citys are mixtures, yes. Even the first city has it's take of Hadrian's Wall. Even Blackpool and Liverpool are sharing one location and one Gym. I was just basing it all on geography found around the areas to which reflects that to the UK. Yes there are many mixing, even though the main area of focus seems to centre mostly around Scotland and Northern England before going to London.

I still feel that the purple area that we've seen is going to end up being a Ghost or Dark Type gym, it's giving me the Headless Horseman type of vibes which would fit really nicely with the London theme of Galar region.

I still feel that the purple area that we've seen is going to end up being a Ghost or Dark Type gym, it's giving me the Headless Horseman type of vibes which would fit really nicely with the London theme of Galar region.
You mean the gym in the mushroom forest? No I think that's probably Fairy Type as this is based around Sherwood Forest/Nottingham. Doesn't Robin Hood comes to mind? But if it is Ghost Type, then perhaps the Gym Leader will not only be wearing a Robin Hood getup, but will also have a Decidueye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom