• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction:
2019 - S&S
2020 - Gap year
2021 - Gen 4 remakes
2022 - Let's go johto
2023 - gen 9
2024 - third version

I think it would be hard for the anime to stretch the series for 4 years with no Galar revisit/sequel content, they are struggling as it is stretching Alola for 3 years even with USUM content. Kalos was able to last 3 years without any new Kalos content after XY, but can't see that stretching to 4, unless SwSh are absolutely packed.

I think it would be hard for the anime to stretch the series for 4 years with no Galar revisit/sequel content, they are struggling as it is stretching Alola for 3 years even with USUM content. Kalos was able to last 3 years without any new Kalos content after XY, can't see that stretching to 4.
Replacing gen 9 with let's johto can work i guess
2022 - gen 9
2023 - let's johto

I think it would be hard for the anime to stretch the series for 4 years with no Galar revisit/sequel content, they are struggling as it is stretching Alola for 3 years even with USUM content. Kalos was able to last 3 years without any new Kalos content after XY, can't see that stretching to 4.
Doesn't help that Alola doesn't have Ash travelling, though. Other series have easily been able to go on for much longer because he wasn't sitting in a dumb school making occasional field trips. XP

They take little effort to make (because they reuse assets from the main pair) and they sell well due to the Pokemon name branding, although they tend to not sell as well as other Pokemon games.
Okay true, it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, but they are such a waste.

Doesn't help that Alola doesn't have Ash travelling, though. Other series have easily been able to go on for much longer because he wasn't sitting in a dumb school making occasional field trips. XP

Okay true, it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, but they are such a waste.
tbh, Gen 7 is the vacation series for the anime and games. Gen 8 is going back to the hard stuff since Gen 6

Sequels were my preferred way of handling revisits. Ordinary 3rd versions come after, and Gen 7's paired 3rd instalment is the worst method.

B2W2 saved Gen 5 for me.
Now that it's confirmed Gen 7 is over, I can safely say it was my least favourite Gen. I enjoyed Alola and Alolan forms, but USUM and LGPE both were let downs.
Actually SM were a bit of a let down too, no gyms, and trials were very half hearted and often unfinished (Mina)

Sequels were my preferred way of handling revisits. Ordinary 3rd versions come after, and Gen 7's paired 3rd instalment is the worst method.

B2W2 saved Gen 5 for me.
Now that it's confirmed Gen 7 is over, I can safely say it was my least favourite Gen. I enjoyed Alola and Alolan forms, but USUM and LGPE both were let downs.
I love USUM for the fact it gave me zeraora

I get the ire toward third versions, but I don't see anything wrong with sequels
Alright- I'll be fair, I didn't play any of the sequels because I refused to touch Gen 5 and USUM did not add anything that felt worth replaying through Gen 7. So sequel ire is mainly towards USUM for tacking on an extra UB plot and some evil team nostalgia.

Pokemon Sunday has been shown, the only things Pokemon Sword and Shield related is the game and Starters. I don't speak Japanese, so I ask of what Masuda has said. He did say something about the Champion though.

Alright- I'll be fair, I didn't play any of the sequels because I refused to touch Gen 5 and USUM did not add anything that felt worth replaying through Gen 7. So sequel ire is mainly towards USUM for tacking on an extra UB plot and some evil team nostalgia.

USUM aren't sequels though. They're just a 3rd version like Emerald, Platinum etc. split into two games.
BW2 are the only true sequels to a Pokémon game, with a brand new story set in the same region, and they were fantastic imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom