• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, though most people, myself included, think that the next official reveal won't be until at least the end of the month, if not April. As for potential leaks, that's very much up in the air, as leaks come and go very randomly, with no real set pattern. So, in terms of official content, we foresee either late March or early April (though earlier would be better). Just as long as they don't take the SM route, which was a 3 month wait after just showing the titles, then I think we'll get a bone to chew on in a few weeks.

Is corocoro reveal still a thing? i've been gone so long in the fandom :/ i thought we can expect some bits by the usual corocoro leaks by the 10th of the month or something.

Is corocoro reveal still a thing? i've been gone so long in the fandom :/ i thought we can expect some bits by the usual corocoro leaks by the 10th of the month or something.
Corocoro probably won’t be big this month. They’ll probably show what we already know this month. After, we could get something. They could reveal one or two new Pokemon.

I expect the news cycles/reveal for these games to be similar as it was for Sun and Moon. This meaning that we're probably going to have a trailer each month, maybe supplemented by a CoroCoro reveal up until release. Maybe a month break in-between or something so there won't be oversaturation in news just to appease those who don't want to know too much about the games.

Well if they do one trailer every month wouldn't the total of 10 be a little excessive?(assuming it ends in November) does anyone remember how many sun and moon got?

Well if they do one trailer every month wouldn't the total of 10 be a little excessive?(assuming it ends in November) does anyone remember how many sun and moon got?

Sun & Moon got 19 trailers of varying lengths at a general average of 3 per month, plus that really cool overview one with the awesome music, plus the trilogy about the Japanese kid moving to Hawaii which did show some gameplay

1. May 10: Starters introduced, unnamed box mascots shown
2. Jun 2: Full info about Solgaleo & Lunala, Alola region named, player (skin) customization shown, Kukui, Lillie, Hau, and Rotom Dex introduced
3. Jun 11: Zygarde 10% and Complete Formes shown
4. Jun 14: Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin, Magearna, and Battle Royals introduced
5. Jul 1: Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, Togedemaru introduced, Zygarde Formes reiterated
6. Jul 7: Salandit introduced (Komala and Rockruff were also shown from behind in this trailer, but weren't formally introduced - I think they were properly revealed in Corocoro)
7. Jul 19: Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear introduced, Hosting your own battle competitions and Hyper Training revealed
8. Aug 1 (the Big One): Alola Forms revealed (Exeggutor, Vulpix, Ninetales, Sandshrew, Sandslash), Oricorio, Minior, Gumshoos, Fomantis, Lurantis, and Mudbray introduced, Poké Ride, Island Trials, and Z-Moves revealed
9. Aug 11: Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Team Skull (including Plumeria and Guzma), Alolan Meowth, Alolan Marowak, and Alolan Raichu introduced
10. Aug 18: Turtonator introduced
11. Aug 19: Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand, and Stufful introduced
12. Sep 1: Alolan Rattata introduced, exclusive Z-Moves for Alolan Raichu and Snorlax revealed, special (Sinnoh-confirming lol) Munchlax/Snorlium Z distribution announced
13. Sep 6 (the Holy Fuck One): Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Alolan Raticate, time difference between versions, Aether Foundation (Lusamine, Faba, Wicke), Gladion, Zygarde Cell hunting, taking photos with Rotom Dex, and Ultra Beasts/UB-01 introduced
14. Sep 14: UB-02 Absorption and UB-02 Beauty introduced as version exclusives
15. Sep 20: More version exclusives (Passimian, Oranguru, Lycanroc's forms) introduced, clothing customization shown, Pokémon Refresh shown, exclusive Z-Moves for Pikachu and Eevee revealed
16. Oct 4: Dartrix, Torracat, and Brionne introduced, Festival Plaza and Poké Pelago revealed, Mega Evolution shown, demo release/Ash-Greninja gift announced
17. Oct 14: Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Ribombee, Alolan Grimer and Muk, Olivia, and Ilima introduced
18. Oct 27: Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Bulu, Fini, Cosmog, and Alolan Persian introduced, exclusive Z-Move for the tapu revealed, "Witness the beginning of the Alola Pokémon League," Battle Tree with Cynthia, Wally, and adult Red and Blue revealed
19. Nov 14 (the Four Days Before Global Release One lol): Exclusive Z-Moves for the Starters revealed, UB-03, UB-05, Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio introduced

(god it feels weird typing "UB-0_" after all this time)

Last edited:
I really hope that they don't play the champion music during the trailers this time. I'm one of the people who enjoyed getting lots of information about the games pre-release, but the one thing I felt was spoiled for me by trailers was the champion theme- I got to that fight and was super let down that the song was just, the song we'd heard countless times in various trailers. The champion's music is generally really good and exciting, and I don't even know if Gen 7's champion music was legitimately not very good, or if I had just already heard it so many times that it just didn't feel special anymore.

I feel we'll see at least the box legendaries sometime this month
Maybe, but I don't see the point of excluding them from the trailer only to reveal them a few weeks later. They dragged out Solgaleo and Lunala till May, and even then their names and other basic details were a secret.

I do think that they might be too much, but ignore also depends on what they’ll show. If with one trailer they show rivals, professor, legendaaries, new Pokémon, evil team, etc. they can’t make 10 of them.

They can instead focus on specific features in every trailer, and release more of them.

For what it's worth:

I feel like we're going to get spoiled with a lot more information than we did with SM. My only "evidence" for this is that I feel like TPCi/Nintendo would want to put the kibosh on "leakers" and "dataminers" as much as possible, therefore rushing as many trailers to eliminate that problem, as it were.

But we'll see.

Personally, I'm not someone that really cares about all that. I like knowing a lot going in and then experiencing it first hand.

I dont think we will see any Sword and Shield info this month though. April for sure, but dont count on anything in March in my opinion.

Still hoping that we will get more guerilla reveals like Meltan... rather get surprised by one Pokémon than get six handed to me.

For what it's worth:

I feel like we're going to get spoiled with a lot more information than we did with SM. My only "evidence" for this is that I feel like TPCi/Nintendo would want to put the kibosh on "leakers" and "dataminers" as much as possible, therefore rushing as many trailers to eliminate that problem, as it were.

But we'll see.
I think a problem with that is that putting information in trailers is one of the reasons that stuff winds up leaking.

I think a problem with that is that putting information in trailers is one of the reasons that stuff winds up leaking.

Ah, fair enough. So it'd work more backwards then, withholding as much information as possible while scarcely releasing trailers here and there?

.... mmm. That wouldn't work on getting people nearly as hyped, though.

Do you think the Master Sword and The Hylian shield will make a cameo appearance in the game???

Nah. The most Game Freak would do for Nintendo inclusion is put a Switch in the Player's room, but I don't know if they'd go so far as to break immersion to make subtle cameos for other franchises.

Do you think the Master Sword and The Hylian shield will make a cameo appearance in the game???
I don't know, unlike other Nintendo series, Pokémon is not that cameo-happy. In fact, I can't remember any series making a cameo in the games aside from a mention of Mario & Wario and HarmoKnight.

On the subject of villainous organizations, I wish to see that the leader would be a vengeful Porygon, and the team would be known as Team Polygon. It could be in response to the banning of "Denno Senshi Porygon" in 1997.

On the subject of regional variants, I still want to see some for Machoke and Machamp. Maybe even for the entire Abra line, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom