• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/1552170841565-jpg.116635/
I desperately want this to be real but probably it won't be. So i've decided to look for some fakemons which fit that list. Here they couple of them. Gazelle, Swordfish, Grasshopper, Jerboa
lightning_pokemon_by_joshkh92_d3ipoew-pre.png
dbujgu3-498377b5-eed8-499f-8532-c4a09c18b174.png
d8b0pl1-8130be83-6b86-430e-b895-8f6d98dac715.jpg
[ \SPOILER]
itro__electric_rodents_by_roxoah-dboevk6.png

Last edited:
Screencaps so people don't have to wait through all 11 minutes:

I'm gonna go ahead and call these fake.
  • I'm pretty sure people who work on a game aren't usually in the know about when details about the games will be revealed
  • The starter evos are getting leaked again, even faster than they were in SuMo? Surely Game Freak would tighten up security on a leak like that?
  • "Meltan plays a role while Melmetal goes unmentioned"? Really? The Pokemon that was hailed as Meltan's powerful secret when it was first being promoted is just going to get a passing mention? (I don't understand what's up with all these "Meltan is story important" fakes, either-we didn't get story significant mythicals in their introductory gen, why would they suddenly become relevant in the gen after?)
  • "No SuMo Pokemon"? Really? Let's look at past games: SuMo included 14 Kalos Pokemon, USUM 35. XY featured over 40 Unova Pokemon. BW didn't feature Pokemon from outside the region for most of the game, and it still included 17 Sinnoh Pokemon. (sure, lots of them were evos, but there were still four evolutionary families introduced in DPPt included) And we're supposed to believe that they included none of the SuMo Pokemon?
  • Not only are all the Pokemon leaked, but so is the entire regional dex, the new mechanics of gyms, the general size of the region, and the story? It hasn't even been two weeks since the games were announced!

Screencaps so people don't have to wait through all 11 minutes:

I'm gonna go ahead and call these fake.
  • I'm pretty sure people who work on a game aren't usually in the know about when details about the games will be revealed
  • The starter evos are getting leaked again, even faster than they were in SuMo? Surely Game Freak would tighten up security on a leak like that?
  • "Meltan plays a role while Melmetal goes unmentioned"? Really? The Pokemon that was hailed as Meltan's powerful secret when it was first being promoted is just going to get a passing mention? (I don't understand what's up with all these "Meltan is story important" fakes, either-we didn't get story significant mythicals in their introductory gen, why would they suddenly become relevant in the gen after?)
  • "No SuMo Pokemon"? Really? Let's look at past games: SuMo included 14 Kalos Pokemon, USUM 35. XY featured over 40 Unova Pokemon. BW didn't feature Pokemon from outside the region for most of the game, and it still included 17 Sinnoh Pokemon. (sure, lots of them were evos, but there were still four evolutionary families introduced in DPPt included) And we're supposed to believe that they included none of the SuMo Pokemon?
  • Not only are all the Pokemon leaked, but so is the entire regional dex, the new mechanics of gyms, the general size of the region, and the story? It hasn't even been two weeks since the games were announced!
The Grubbin line and Wishiwaski have been confirmed to be in the dex. This leak is fake.

I wish that Gen 8 doesn't add another big game mechanic. But rather focuses on improving the current ones we do have. Give the Pokemon who need it, Mega-Evolutons or Regional Variants or a powerful Z-Move or new evolutions for old Pokemon such as Corsola.
I agree. I really hope that armor evolution doesn't exist. If it does, I kind of hope it's a one off (Z-Moves -> Ultra Necrozma) or a minor change like Ash Hat Pikachu. I think they should focus on the mechanics they have, I'm very fond of Regional Variants.

My predictions are Grass/Rock, either Fire/Electric or Fire/Normal, and Water/Ghost or Water/Poison.

I'm okay with all of this except Normal Scorbunny. I personally lean more toward Fire/Fairy, but I wouldn't mind Fire/Electric though

Last edited:
">The new battle mechanic is Teamwork."
You use up to 3 pokemon max from your team to use various offensive and defensive strategy plays
You can only use a strategy once per battle each. And there are plenty to use.
Gym masters specialize in Teamwork moves. Each one you beat, teaches you their strategies.
First gym teaches you Team Attack. Choose up 3 moves from different pokemon, and they execute them all at once. Power stacks.
Second gym teaches you Team Guard. Blocks an attack completely if using 3. Reduces damage if using 2.
Legendaries have their own special Team Attack and Guard. That have added effects.

I think there's a pretty good chance that Armored Mewtwo will be like Ash-Greninja, who hopefully will stay in Alola.

Ash-Greninja is definitely not SM/USUM-exclusive since it can be Banked, so it'll be able to be in SS.

Though I really doubt they'd touch up on it again in the near future, same with Armored Mewtwo if it does turn out to be Greninja 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom