• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source please? Or was this made by you?

I think its probably 4chan.

I searched, and yes, it’s indeed from that place.

It’s literally a random anonymous list so it’s fake.

Such random posts being discussed makes me tempted to make a post myself there. But the place is way too vile.

Man I just want more towns to have interesting things in em. Outfit shops, parks where we can play with our pokemon, an arcade to replace the game corner, the photo club, a library for lore, stuff like that!
Agreed. I don't know if we got substantively less of it in gen 6 & 7, or if it feels that way, or a bit of both.

While I would welcome a more expansive region, it's not worthwhile if it feels empty. I feel like Alola has a lot of 'wasted' space that is relatively large, more so than Kalos. Like, the only thing that you would visit daily in Hau'oli is the toursit center to play the ID lottery. And you might occasionally stop by the masala shop. But that's all. Even though it's supposed to be the biggest, most bustling city of the region. And I'm not expecting Lumiose or Castelia level of activity here, those are both very large metropolitan areas. But couldn't they at least have opened up that tower? Same for the Thrifty Megamart for example, it's large, but the only thing that is 'worth' interacting with are the clerks...

If Pokemon is The Simpsons, then Yokai is Family Guy.
That's a bit harsh. YKW might not be popular as popular as Pokemon, but it's not as bad as Family Guy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=180dh-ouly4

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee will most likely get a DLC for Johto, which would be a better option, leaving 2020 open for the possible Gen 4 Remake.

Here's a screencap so people don't have to wait through the whole video.
I love how this guy makes sure to put the é in Pokemon but misspells Johto and whatsoever, lol.

Very, very easily disproven fake, I don't know why Rowlit spent 16 minutes on this. It's all in that second-to-last bullet. An app to put your cards online and battle people? That already exists, and has existed for eight years. Pokémon Trading Card Game Online - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Didn’t Rowlit also cover a rumor that said no gen 7 Pokemon is in Sword/Shield?

If Verlisify didn’t exist Rowlit might just be the worst Poketuber.

rowlit's vids are quite interesting tho, they're good conversation starter. verlis is just plain annoying and disrespectful to other poketubers.

i find his leak covers worth watching and some might happen to be true that i don't find anywhere in the forums. at least he's a good archive

I know what world building is. My point is that you can spin it any way you want, but the truth is that the town's and cities are poorly designed and boring. At least in gen 5 there was a little bit more spice but altogether all plain.

That's a bit harsh. YKW might not be popular as popular as Pokemon, but it's not as bad as Family Guy...

Here's a screencap so people don't have to wait through the whole video.
I love how this guy makes sure to put the é in Pokemon but misspells Johto and whatsoever, lol.

Very, very easily disproven fake, I don't know why Rowlit spent 16 minutes on this. It's all in that second-to-last bullet. An app to put your cards online and battle people? That already exists, and has existed for eight years. Pokémon Trading Card Game Online - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There was a point before that which proves that it’s fake:
Mythicals by definition cannot be version exclusive since you obtain them via events. Making a mythical obtainable even via events in only one version would leave players with no way to get the opposite version one’s outside of doing a mythical trade.

And it’s highly unlikely, if not impossible for event exclusive Pokemon to be version locked.

Thanks for posting the screencaps! The thing about videos is being overlooked by many, and I personally find it very inconvenient...But I guess that’s how things will be.

There was a point before that which proves that it’s fake:
Mythicals by definition cannot be version exclusive since you obtain them via events. Making a mythical obtainable even via events in only one version would leave players with no way to get the opposite version one’s outside of doing a mythical trade.

And it’s highly unlikely, if not impossible for event exclusive Pokemon to be version locked.

Thanks for posting the screencaps! The thing about videos is being overlooked by many, and I personally find it very inconvenient...But I guess that’s how things will be.
Yeah. Having version exclusive mythicals is a bad idea and there's a reason why they have never done something like that.

Yeah. Having version exclusive mythicals is a bad idea and there's a reason why they have never done something like that.

The entire purpose of version exclusives is to trade them for a similarly valued Pokemon (Pheromosa/Buzzwole, Passimian/Oranguru), so having version exclusive Mythicals would mean claiming more than one mythical code and trading away the other one, which is something GameFreak wouldn’t want to encourage.

Claiming one mythical code for a Pokemon is a hassle, let alone two, for the same Pokemon and then you’ve to get through a trade to get a mythical which will never have your OT.

The entire purpose of version exclusives is to trade them for a similarly valued Pokemon (Pheromosa/Buzzwole, Passimian/Oranguru), so having version exclusive Mythicals would mean claiming more than one mythical code and trading away the other one, which is something GameFreak wouldn’t want to encourage.

Claiming one mythical code for a Pokemon is a hassle, let alone two, for the same Pokemon and then you’ve to get through a trade to get a mythical which will never have your OT.

I get that and see where you're coming from but you're talking about the same company that magically shoehorned a Gen 7 Pokemon ('cause that's what I see most calling it) into the Kanto region, which technically blurs every line even further, the fact there's a "new species" encountered ONLY through Pokemon Go, yet obtainable in Let's Go, but yet we STILL can't evolve our Golbats in Crobats; THAT is a pure cashgrab, and I bought Let's Go Eevee, I will just NEVER EVER bother playing Go just to get Meltan, which is also why I pray that we have some form of distribution for Meltan earlier in SwSh's life cycle.

So yeah, I think them having two sets of mythicals exclusive to each game isn't SO farfetchd at this point given how Meltan happened lol.

They're probably French, it doesn't take any effort for French keyboard users to type an é, and this also can explain their bad English, as they're not a native speaker. Also explains why they typed spacebars between brackets and the word LEAK.

I've been away for a few days and the page count went from 180 to 216. Could someone please summarize or tell me the recent rumors, I only skimmed through the last 5 pages.

My opinion regarding some of the content in rumors: melmeltal is a gimmick made for LGPE and i highly doubt it will receive much focus in gen 8. I think it might get a new form/gimmick or have some kind of location for it but I highly highly doubt it will be important to the plot whatsoever or even the Galar region as a setting

I get that and see where you're coming from but you're talking about the same company that magically shoehorned a Gen 7 Pokemon ('cause that's what I see most calling it) into the Kanto region, which technically blurs every line even further, the fact there's a "new species" encountered ONLY through Pokemon Go, yet obtainable in Let's Go, but yet we STILL can't evolve our Golbats in Crobats; THAT is a pure cashgrab, and I bought Let's Go Eevee, I will just NEVER EVER bother playing Go just to get Meltan, which is also why I pray that we have some form of distribution for Meltan earlier in SwSh's life cycle.

So yeah, I think them having two sets of mythicals exclusive to each game isn't SO farfetchd at this point given how Meltan happened lol.

The exclusive-to-spin-offs thing has happened before with Pokemon Ranger and Manaphy, though.

still amazed at that fake Pokédex tbh. takes a true mastermind to come up with such clever portmanteaus as “shadoknight” or “triplug” or “pyrolamb”

In that leak with the pokemon names list, grookey has the word key at the end of first and second stages of its names but then the third stage name doesnt? To me it seems odd that they would break name scheme.

I'm fairly sure lg/pe will be compatible with gen 8 but it also isnt confirmed either (I think?) so we will see. Ranger had saved set pokemon data it could transfer. LGPE has a whole candy system and no EVs while all the maingames do... LG is also a weird one to transfer from (transfering from LG to LGPE felt weird too the Pokemon sent were always really weak). So yeah i am curious as to how they will cross candy mechanic Pokemon into EV mechanics or vise versa (and Pokemon with no abilities & secret technique eevee/pikachu moves)

I just hope the next Pokemon would not be based on another notorious celebrity. Such as Drampa looking eerily similar to Jimmy Savile. An episode of the pre-school show the Tweenies was banned before one of the characters, Max was dressed up as him. Don't believe me? see for yourself from this picture made the very moment Dranpa was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom